Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2010, 11:50 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Consolidating your ingenuity: Technological Breakthrough and the Solitaire Player

In 1997, I introduced Live365.com to miniature footballers. My first audience, Myron Evans, from Philly to listen in on what I was doing. I knew at that moment the Internet would become an outstanding vehicle to present the game like I wanted. But doing so took the investment of the latest and greatest video products from camcorders to tripods, wiring, lighting, and much more. I always invested back in the game thru many ways.

In the 2003, Perry Burke told me of this company out of Vegas where I would pay $100 per month to broadcast MF. The hope was to create "revenue generating" streams for the league to pay for that. Nobody wanted to work. You know, everybody want to eat the groceries but no one wants to cook the meal type of thing.

Sometimes, it's difficult for people to understand the impact that someone makes until they are ready to walk away. Then, they want to get all the knowledge they can from that person - Sorry, too late!

I got to talking with one of my friends in the hobby about technological breakthroughs and we began to talk about TV. He wants to create his own personal solitaire league too. He wanted to know the origins, the investment, and camera angles. He wanted to get as much information about "How to" as there was.

I told him as to why I began this process with MF and how an event in Virginia inspired me to make sure that it works. But I also told him that in solitaire play, it can be even more effective because of the attention to detail by the solitaire coach.

It was one of those fascinating conversations that made him go out and buy a high quality camera to do what I do. It has truly been amazing going from the analog cameras to the HD cameras that we now have.

At the end, he asked, "Where were you at 10 years ago?" I told him, "I was always there and willing to offer the information. You just did not ask and now it's too late".

I have been fortunate to witness so much change in the game over the years but technological breakthroughs still are the one thing that fascinates me about how the game can be played.

Mozeek, I know you're reading into this.

Reg