Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2009, 11:30 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default chris "5-13 " black helmet saints question

Hey chris,

I noticed your awesome black helmet saints in the photo gallery section. I have a quick question. Number 37, is that a miggle or haitro repro figure (THE FIG WHO'S ARMS STICK OUT ) with the arms repositioned. If so, how did you do it.

Is there a way to reposition the arms on that kind of figure without cutting and gluing. Especially if it's a miggle big man already painted (DONT WANT TO MESS UP THE UNIFORM). But i wont mind repainting just the arms.

****CAN YOU JUST HEAT SOME PLIERS AND BEND THE ARM A LITTLE INTO DIFFERENT POSITIONS.

THAT FIGURE (NUMBER 37 ) LOOKS AWESOME

MANTARAYHDRE
Old 11-07-2009, 10:53 AM
MFCA MEMBER

hiya dre. that figure is a '67 bigman repro. to make weight, i cut opff the head, drilled out the body, and placed a smaller, miggle figure head in it's place.
if all that you are concerned about are the arms, i simply heated up the arms a little bit with a lighter, and twisted the arms inward. very simple. i also added fingers and thumbs, but the most of the figures pose was obtained by twisting the arms a little bit.
MFCA member #31
Old 11-07-2009, 11:15 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default chris, you are the king.

hey chris,

I alway's hated that pose until you just gave it new life. it's always been the arms that annoyed me. YOU MADE IT INTO A COOL LOOKING FIGURE. !
I MUST TRY THIS. Cutting off the head and placing a smaller on the fig give it a newer look also. I was wondering how you got that sort of hunched up look.

MY ONLY WORRY IS ARE YOU SURE THE ARMS WONT SNAP OFF DURING TWISTING.

THANX
MANTARAYDRE
Old 11-07-2009, 11:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

you should be fine as long as you heat them up first with a lighter. don't go so far as to melt them, but run a flame along the entire length of the arm for a few seconds before twisting. keep the flame on the arm, don't burn the hand, if it is a haiti repro that you are using, you might melt the fingers off.
MFCA member #31