Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2010, 02:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default DICE AS THE QB'S DECISION MAKER

ROW SHOWMAN

The use of dice is excellent in the solitaire game to represent the qb's final decision regarding a play.

lets say a number 28 roll of the dice indicates

1)qb is in the shotgun

2)play is for the left side receiver to run 12 yard route first stop
Then a post route for the second stop.

HE IS THE PRIMARY RECEIVER GETTING BALL DUE TO A PLAY DESIGN ON A CHART NUMBERED 28 ( THAT DICE ROLL TRIGGERS THIS PLAY )

**THE defense will be in a passing scheme formation that is also triggered by the number 28 on a defensive passing schemes only chart. Run defenses will have a separate chart. The number 28 triggers a run defense on that chart if that 28 triggers an offense running play.

I have a another die numbered from 1-6.
1-4 indicates I MUST THROW IT TO THAT RECEIVER
5 indicates i can scramble , go through the qb progression, and find another open receiver. Or still throw it to the intended receiver.
6- indicates i can throw it to that intended receiver, throw a checkdown pass to the running backs, or throw it away.

**ALL OF THIS WITHIN 2 SECONDS ONCE THE BOARD STOPS

But having that laser pointer in hand is the actual football and pressing the button to point that red dot anywhere near the intended receivers is the actual throw. Then a floating football is placed where the red dot is. I also get behind the qb to pass from his perspective. (hold the pointer directly over the field qb's head.) Just like real football i give myself 2 seconds to make a decision. Technically and psychologically once the board stops the rush is still coming. Watch any football and see once the qb gets the ball
he has about 2 sec to do something if they are not running.

I have another die that is numbered 1 and 2

1) Indicates to throw the ball on a timing pattern during the first stop. This is before the receiver breaks off and begins to run the second stem of his route. I must point within 2 seconds (after 1st stop). Place football down, angle receiver towards the ball to run and catch for the second stop.
This is like in real football when you hear qb's say they will throw he ball before the defender break his route. meaning, the ball is thrown before the receiver is even looking for it. His back is still turned while running up field.
All timed in practice throughout there week. This is my way of simulating that.

2) Indicates to throw the ball leading the receiver after the second stop.
Meaning, the receiver has just ran both stems of his route and is turned looking towards the qb looking for the ball.
a)run an up 12 yards (stop)first stem
b)angle wr toward the goal post (post route) and run the second stem of his route ( board stops) 2****1 POINT AND PASS

This is pretty much the DRE-WAY LASER PASS SYSTEM.

Its my way of feeling that qb pressure and making a quick decision.

That's the beauty of solitaire, everyone has their own way of doing things.

mantaraydre
Attached Images

Last edited by mantaraydre : 11-05-2010 at 03:06 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:06 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Intresting

Dre

That is a good idea I often wondered how to simulate how QB's make the decision to throw to WR' s on their route or off their route. Im going to try to implement this in my league. Now if I can figure out how tosimulate good QB's from scrub QB's that would be great. Don't understand the laser pointer though
Old 11-05-2010, 04:53 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Don't understand the laser pointer thoug
Same thing. Do you angle the laser from your QB base ? I don't get it.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:25 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Excellent idea

it sounds very interesting, especially the having to make a quick decision with the QB.