Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2011, 02:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default A game that has lost interest

Do you every start playing a game that you are excited to play but for what ever reason (work interuptions,chores) you just cannot seem to get into.

What can you do to get back into the game
Walt
Old 02-09-2011, 03:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

If you are playing a league game this can sometimes be tough. That is why I chose not to play entire seasons. I play Super Bowl Tournaments. 15 games to complete tournament so every game is exciting because one team will always be eliminated at the end of the game.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Haven't had...

...that experience yet. So far, I'm usually frustrated because I can't get back to a game. I have one sitting idle right now at the end of the first quarter and no hope of getting to it until maybe tomorrow or Friday.

Keeping stats adds to the intrigue of every game. Also, the dice conversation we've got going could play in. Even if it's a lop sided game big plays, record breaking performances, crazy plays, and upsets can occur at any time.

I'm only in my first season but I also think that because my teams are locally based high school teams, rosters filled with names of real people, and I plan to eventually recruit players to a college league and then draft to a pro league will keep it interesting. Maybe I have rose colored glasses but I'm liking my plan thus far. Not enough time for my grand plans is my problem.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Align yourself with guys that inspire

Walt,

Whether it's thru emails or telephone calls, align yourself with guys who are passionate about the game and like to play no matter what. They have a way of inspiring you to continue to play, even when you do not want to or feel up to it.

We all have games where we may lose interest. That's just a part of playing alone. Pick up that telephone and call a coach, one that has energy, and just begin to talk about the game. Find that special group of guys in solitaire. Or go back and read some of the post of guys on here who show that passion, that fire, that energy, and it will get you pumped up to play again

Some games are boring but that's how it is in the NFL, college, and high school. So having someone inspire you to get over the top is important.

Reg
Old 02-09-2011, 05:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

for my playoffs I wrote some lead up team re-caps and game summaries. So when I needed to take time off from the season I read the articles that I had written and I got back into the excitement that I had had before.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:53 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Truthfully, if I lose interest in a game for a bit or a day or whatever, I just leave it be and come back to it when I'm ready. My games are kinda like mini-marathons anyway, I never play them in one sitting. So it's OK if it takes a couple days.

Seeing all the great ideas the solitaire folks have on here usually are what get me back to the table.

It'd be great to have like a roundtable at the MFCA event where me, dogwood30, RavennaAl, Reg, Walt, Drk, and others could compare innovations and give people a deeper look at how and why we play the way we do and what fun can be had at it.

Ed
Old 02-09-2011, 07:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks guys it took me 3 days to play the iron bowl that is defintely a record that I don't want to break.

LOL its all good anyway just lots going on.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Walt, I face this dilemma around the 6th week into my seasons. I just want the games to get over with so I can have the playoffs. What happens is that I get some teams that I like to play, and some that I'm not that enthusiastic about. So, I'll play one game between teams that I look forward to using, then play one between the teams that I'm not that crazy about. To keep me motivated, I keep reminding myself that I have the next game to look forward to as soon as I get the current one finished.

The funny thing is, the teams do things that absolutely amaze me that keeps me interested in the games anyways. I can just sit back and watch and think, wow, what a game and here I was not even interested in the first place.

Some things to try to keep you from getting bored. Have penalties and fumbles, and keep track of stats like rushing leaders and passing leaders so you get a feeling of competition between players. I always like to look at who is leading in certain catagories and wonder if someone else is going to pass them up that week.

Not knowing what kind of league you're playing, but I like to add teams between seasons so I always have new teams to look forward to playing with. This year I added 4 teams to my league, 3 of which have yet to play any games. I'm looking forward to see just how they will perform against my established teams.

Get to know your players. If you don't have names for the players, make some up and keep a roster. I've found it so much easier to keep interested in playing when I can identify with each player. Having names helps give the players personalities as well. Just a few things to try.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up

Have no problems with that so far...

I LOVE MINIATURE TABLE SPORTS GAMES.

I may get rid of playing video games....just finished Madden 11 and not sure that i'll do another season...with only 1 team (LOL!!!)

Take it easy

Benster
Old 02-10-2011, 09:26 PM
First Round Draft Pick

Default Variety is the spice of life

One angle that I use to combat restlessness, boredom, and fatigue, is to have a couple of Solitaire Leagues going at once. A college team league, An NFL league, An OLD TIME teams league. It adds a greater variety of teams in which to choose from. I also vary the rules and styles of play for each league. One league is a RUSHING PLAYS only league...see my post RADICAL SOLITAIRE IDEA. One league is a PASSING PLAYS only league, AND the last one is more like a traditional game with both RUSHING, PASSING, DICE ROLLING, CHARTS ETC. I also keep records and stats which adds to the enjoyment, and gives every play more meaning. It is funny, but to combat boredom, my answer is actually to play more games, but have the greater variety of teams and rules to vary what you do! Taking short breaks is sometimes good too. Variety and creativity is the spice of life. If you make the games different, and the rules different, it requires more thought and involvement, and eliminates the boredom factor. It is fun to see more teams, more match-ups, more uniforms too! See if this helps your long term enjoyment, I hope it does!