Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > Shootout Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2009, 10:54 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default CBSMF Rulebook and Attachments

The following are latest version of the CBSMF Rulebook, Passing Option Amendment, and the Pass Simulation for Disabled Coaches (PSDC Chart).

http://www.cbsmf.com/RuleSet.html
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Andre's Rule.pdf (174.7 KB, 66 views)
Old 03-20-2009, 11:20 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Yo

now I know we talked about this but were measuring from the front of the base to the back of the receivers base now right. The distance should be measured like that because a 5 yard pass in this game could end up being a 30 yard pass depending on how far the player is from the QB.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default That is correct

JEasy,

Make sure the guys know that the pass on the PSDC(Andre Rule) is from the front of the QB base to the back of the receiver base. It is not from the LOS. This will be measured like a kick is measured on FGs.

Reg
Old 04-11-2009, 11:00 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Reg,

A clarification of the Andre Rule. Do you measure the actual distance between the QB and receiver? Or is it just based on the yard line? For example, if the QB is on the 20, and the receiver is on the 40, is it a 20-yard pass (even if the receiver is off to the side)? Or do you actually measure the distance from QB to receiver (like with a ruler marked every 5 yards)? Hope my questions make sense.

Jeff
Old 04-11-2009, 01:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Reg I can handle this one.

It is measured from the front of the QB base to the nearest section of the WR. So if he is sideways you measure from the front of the QB base to the nearest side of the base. Does that make since? Illustrations coming soon.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

RJ, Reg,

In the picture below, the QB is #16. Is the distance to measure the red line (15 yards), or the blue line?

Old 04-13-2009, 12:34 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default The measurement is really...

from the line of scrimmage to the front of the base of the receiver (at least this year). This is where it is needed from guys like yourself and Jim Davis to earnestly use this rule and come up with ways to tweak it so that it is not an easy pass and the possibilities of sacks, fumbles, and interceptions are still there.

Jim Davis loves the rule but he curses it too (when it works against him). So I need your input as well. We do not have a lot of data on this and it is in the experimental phase (although Jim used it in the DFW).

Reg
Old 04-13-2009, 12:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Reg this needs a diagram from you on how this is done...

....What needs to happen is a ruler with 620/308 yard markings should be placed out on box passes to measure the distance. Ned the blue line should be the actual distance which would make that pass 20-25 yards instead of 15yds..
Old 04-13-2009, 05:02 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks! I'll use it in my upcoming games and see how it works. I can already see situations will it will play to my advantage, and other situations where it will hurt me. As long as it works both ways, it'll be good. I'd rather have it lean toward hurting me than helping me -- I don't want to get a "cheap win". One thing that leans it against me is the interception percentage. It is 8.3% on all throws. The LAEFL average last year was 2.0%. On the other hand, the dice will let me complete passes that would be almost impossible with the TTQB. We'll see how it evens out!

Jeff
Old 04-13-2009, 06:25 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Jeff, that's why it is important...

for you to utilize this and get some empirical data on the situations that exist.

We had situations in the DFW where Jim Davis made unrealistic passes where a defender was right there in between the receiver and the QB and he shook the box and got the completion. On the other hand, Jim had some 3 yard passes that you know is routine but with the shake of the box, saw an interception happen.

Even last weekend, Jim was 7-14 passing with 1 interception, so honestly, this was not a true 50% pass percentage. I would be interested to know the QB rating if I saw his yardage. He played Chuck Lawrence and only won at the end because Chuck Lawrence had a run headed up the middle on a 20 yard jaunt only to be nullified by a chop block.

So Jim continues to experiences both the good and evils of the box. We need guys like you and him playing with this method to get a better feel of how to improve it. It speeds up the game and allows for less stress on the coaches.

Reg