Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2011, 10:22 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Limts! Good or bad?

Theres has been something on my mind and I think it's time to ask the question and hope that guys will talk about it.

Over the years I have seen limits placed on the hobby, from figures, to how many men you could have to the weight of you're figure, however no one seems to place a limit on how intelligent or un-intelligent a coach can be.

Why do some of us place a limit on the growth or advancement of the hobby? Why do we try and place every one on the same level when it is clear we are not?

Now I do understand full well that there are some things that need a limit in order to maintain balance and integrity but where do we draw the line.

What is you're opinion?
Old 01-02-2011, 03:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Personal opinion but I don't see a reason to limit the number of players a team has (up to a NFL/College limit)

As for weight of a player as long as an entire league is educated properly on how to add weight players properly and the league doesn't want a weight limit then don't worry about it. (I do think there is a responsibility to leagues to teach players how to do the basics. adding weight/tweaking etc. if people want to learn it.)

With figures as long as the players fall within a standard of what is sold openly then there is no reason to limit anything that falls within the standards. There needs to be limits so you don't have four inch tall players running around for TTQB passers to hit etc.

With all that being said I don't have a problem with a league that sets limits. If you don't like it don't play in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony D Burgess View Post
Theres has been something on my mind and I think it's time to ask the question and hope that guys will talk about it.

Over the years I have seen limits placed on the hobby, from figures, to how many men you could have to the weight of you're figure, however no one seems to place a limit on how intelligent or un-intelligent a coach can be.

Why do some of us place a limit on the growth or advancement of the hobby? Why do we try and place every one on the same level when it is clear we are not?

Now I do understand full well that there are some things that need a limit in order to maintain balance and integrity but where do we draw the line.

What is you're opinion?

Check out my Flames and Stampeders blogs at www.prosportsblogging.com
Old 01-02-2011, 09:48 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Obervation

In an effort to understand why our hobby is not what it should be, and having conversation with many coaches this is the conclusion I have come to so please bear with me......

It is human nature to not want to feel like you're not good, so rather then to put it the time, effort, and hard work to become good many take short cuts and this comes in many forms.

One Form is How The Game is Played
Many coaches can't seem to agree on how to play and the reason being is they want to cover up there weakness in the game under a false flag of reason. Example: change a rule because they can't run, or pass rather then asking for help and understanding and taking the time to work on there weak area.

This leads to the

Second Form
New leagues forms around the area, this is because of when someone's weakness is exposed they run and start there own league where the can cover up there weakness under that false flag of " New Rules".

There are some very good idea's out there and it is up to every one that when you know then support that idea, when we put others first then we all win.

Remember TEAM- T= Together E= Every one A= Achievs M=More! when you put you're personal goals and reasons before the truth or a better idea no one wins, and the hobby is better for it.

I remember playing this game as a child and I was filled with so much pride to have built my team and go play another coach as is, life was simple then.

The question remains, Have we restricted the hobby so much that we have choked the life and hope out of it? Have we taken some thing simple and made it to difficult?

What ever happen to No weight or Weighted? Simple! One team in dark the other in light!

The one question we need to ask our self before we change rules, leagues, etc is this,......Is what I'm doing for the betterment of the Hobby or Is it because "I" want to be the best?

My hat is off to all of them that have made the hobby better through there idea's and products by putting it first and themself last

Last edited by Anthony D Burgess : 01-02-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:38 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up

well i think that when you entered in the forum or this kind of association like the MFCA, is that you want to bring ideas to improve the game/hobby and put it into the next level. Just like you do Anthony.

The reason why i left leagues and tournaments (won't make a retirement for tournaments but for leagues, i'm pretty sure) and focused on soitaire is that i want, in my matter trying to innovate the joy, the pleasure but also the realism of the solitaire miniature football.

That's the reason, i don't spend money (for now, but trust me it will come) on teams and accesories but as soonas i'll find my concept of what is a real miniature football game in solo, then i'll start to create my own league, buying all the 32 NFL teams (and it's a good sense because starting next year, they will changed almost all the unis with the coming of Nike as official uuniform sponsor/provider) and then will share you all my informations about my league.

More than that Anthony, i saw a couple of your video on Youtube and you gave me some ideas about some others tabletop sports games concept (played one-on-one or even in solo) of soccer and ice hockey so thank you for your commitment and great ideas for the game

Benster from north of the border

Last edited by Anthony D Burgess : 01-02-2011 at 12:05 PM.