Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2009, 11:41 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Comparison verse Criticism

Dear MPFL Coaches

Did you know that there is a diference between comparison and criticism?

You may know that however some other coaches who don't understand that get offended when I "Compare MPFL to others styles in order to educate"

Comparison: To show similarities and dissimilarities, to identify features, to show levels of qualities.

Criticism: Evaluating or analying with knowledge, to criticze is to consider the merits and demerits of and judge accordingly, to stress faults.

When I write in the area set aside for this system it is to compare not to criticze, but it appears that others have critized them self and thus lash out at the comparison.

Let me share with you this observation on passing:

In actual football the QB throws a pass, however he depends on the receiver to catch it, knowing full well that the defender can make a play on the ball.

Hear there are 3 parts to this point,
1: The QB throwing a pass.
2: The receiver attempting to catch the pass.
3: The defender attempting to catch the pass.

Other points are, The defense of the pass, pass rush and pressure, being able to lead the WR to an open area of the field with the pass. There are the pass routes and the O line must provide time to through.

Now in traditional EF the TTQB only gives you 1 out of 3 points, cheating you out of the actual true football experience of using all 3 points. Defenders can't make a play on the ball, and the offensive coach stops the board to avoid a sack or when a receiver becomes open.

But in the MPFL system all point are used through the Pass Placement system.

This is called a comparison, it is based on comparing 1 EF, and 2 The MPFL system to actual football.

This comparison shows features and similarities related to actual football and to show that it is or is not accounted for in the compared styles.

It appears that that the comparison are viewed as criticism, but why is that?

If the facts are true, then why would they feel critized?

Please share with me what comparison you have made as it relates to actual football and this system.

Last edited by Anthony D Burgess : 12-23-2010 at 09:31 AM.