Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2010, 01:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default HASHMARK PLAY.

ANT,

I kinda need to know this for strategy purposes. Are we folowing the hashmark play of the NFL. last night i read in (football for dummies),
When a player is tackled or pushed out of bounds ON THE SIDE OF THE NEAREST HASHMARK. The ref will place the ball on that hashmark to begin the next play. If player is tackled in between the hashmark he will place the ball down exactly where the players was tackled. Now in this hobby, the first thing some coaches do is set there center up directly in the middle of the field. I dont know if this is just because, or just natural instinct to head directly in the middle. Some may not think so but i think hashmark play is important. I want to know if my players get tackled on that side of the field, is the ball going on the hashmark.

If that book was wrong, what is the hashmark rule. I have been in games were a coach said, "move your center in the middle of the field" ?
just want clarification. people may wonder why the hashmarks are so important. Well the other side of the playing field will be wider for your offense to do some things SWEEP, SCREEN, ETC ETC.
Thanx
mantaraydre
Old 03-15-2010, 02:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default The Book is right

We will be playing by the NFL Rules, so if said player goes out of bounds then the ball is placed on the nearest hash, not the middle.

Only in some cases, the PAT, or the nearest hash IS the middle.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I think lining up in the middle might have more to do with lack of space on the smaller boards. I am in the process of making a bigger board for precisely that reason (when i had my teams lined up on the hash the wide receiver on that side had no room at all)
Old 03-16-2010, 01:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hash does little for the NFL game.

In the NFL the hashes are so close that it might as well be in the middle.Alot of college backs have problems with this because it evens the field up and reduces the run aroun d the end part of their game.It took Reggie bush a while to figure this out.Too much speed in the NFL game--STT