Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2010, 11:53 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Bases for MPFL.

What type bases do you guys use and how much do you tweak?I understand the tweak factor is not as big of a deal here.Thanks STT
Old 03-22-2010, 04:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default BASIS FOR BASES

STT,

You can use whatever base you want outside of boat bases. But the base of chioce in this system is ALL ROOKIE BASES. The only concern in the MPFL is that your bases run relatively straight. Rookies bases because it is easier to put all the weight under a rookie base. Also it is easier to attach any magnets under the base. You direct the players via the stops. So the player will run wherever you direct it. This style is bases more on coaching than how strong your base is. This is why the weight is unlimited. The premise is building an NFL duplicated team. Seeing who can push who back is not an issue here. Some leagues have weight limits so the members can compete on an even keel. In this system, Build your team to the best of their potential and put your product on the field. Your lineman may be 7.2 and mine may be 5.6. I would just have to find a way to compete with the heavier player.

You may push him back for a slit second. But on the next stop i will have players in position to make a play. (player discipline).

DONT WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING BUT PUTTING AN NFL TEAM ON THE PLAYING SURFACE. I would use SQUARE FRONT rookie bases on many players to pick up blocks and throw blocks. A square front base can get a nice hat on a player.
A receiver can be on a square front rookie base and throw a nice block on a LB or DB to spring a running back for a bigger gain.

REMEMBER YOUR RECEIVERS CAN BLOCK ALSO.

" THIS IS THE REAL NFL " IN THIS SYSTEM
MANTARAYDRE
Old 12-27-2010, 03:46 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Our style is pretty close to MPFL and I may have to disagree with you slightly on the bases Dre. 90% of them I agree with the rookie bases, but I have found OLB's can be quite handy on a dial base.

There have been times I have been able to get around a tackle with my olb and get after the QB a hair faster if I turn the base just right. IT could be the difference between getting to the ball carrier or QB a hair before the next stoppage of the board.

OL can be handy on a dial base too if you adjust it to try and create a hole for your RB.

But ya for the most part rookie bases do the job nicely.

Check out my Flames and Stampeders blogs at www.prosportsblogging.com
Old 12-27-2010, 08:10 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default BASES

The best types og bases to use are the rookie bases and hears why, with rookie bases you can add weight under the bases, but with the TT bases you can only add very little.

Another point is that the stoppages give you the control needed to direct you're players. But at the end of the day it's up to the coach.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I think I should correct myself a bit after playing more. I am leaning towards all rookie bases as well. (Except on the O-Line if I get a good strong dial base)

Old 01-11-2011, 08:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default What?

Hoop27,

What is the weight on your TTCs that you are using?

I ask this quesh., because I am not sure how successful one would be using TTCs on offensive lineman (or linebackers for that matter) in the weighted game. Whether multi-stop or one stop, in the weighted game, a premium is placed on the weight of your linemen. Forget anything you have heard about weight does not matter. In the weighted game as a whole, it's probably best not to focus on weight in every position, but for line play, it is extremely imperative. The heavier the weight underneath the base does not always translate into a better athlete, but most od the strongest players on the filed in the weighted game are offensive and defensive lineman. As with most positions, you want that right mix of weight, strength and speed.

Hopefully, you will get a chance to play againts one of the weight teams from our area of the states. Our rookie base lineman will destroy just about any weighted ttc base with a dial. However, I recently have been experimenting with creating weighted ttc bases without a dial. These have been a bit more challenging, but to my surprise, they have shown quite a bit of promise.

In the weighted game, weight matters --- just not in every position.

Last edited by BAXTER : 01-11-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:16 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I definately see where you are coming from. I've personally had some good success tweaking the 8 thick prong TTC's (couldn't tell you one from another) for power, then adding some weight to them.

As we up here are new to this we are pretty much just feeling things out as we go but I've had 6 gram linemen do well against heavier bases than that. (granted the more we play around with them the better we are getting at tweaking and weighting bases) The best part I have found about using a TTC on the Oline was I could make a dial adjustment to try and create a hole for a running play without overtly giving away what I'm trying to do. Of course that is a pretty small sample size, as we only have three games in the books tightening up our rules to make it as straight forward to new people (aka everyone here) as possible.

The hardest part is up here we literally have no frame of reference other than a few bases that had been tweaked and sent up from some coaches. (thank you) I've been able to get close to matching the speed bases now because of some that were sent up and I could see how they were doing it, with the power bases I seem to be holding my own just fine with the ones that came up.

But it is very true that the right amount of weight makes a difference. I tweaked a DT that started at a little over 3 grams and added a little weight at a time, when it hit 5 grams it flew off like a shot and blew a testing lineman (6 grams) about 7 yards into the backfield in a second. I added more weight to it and it still pushed but no where near as hard.

As for weighting by position I follow what makes sense. If they are heavier in real life then they will be heavier on my team. And I am using 5 DL 4 LB and 6 DB on defense so I can sub out what I need more of depending on the situation. (we are going with a basic setup of 30 man squads to start out. After we have more people involved and truly customizing their own teams then we'll get rid of that. But it's a nice simple way for us to start out)

I also agree we need to see others play and see how it is done. Unfortunately when you live 1200 miles from the closest ******** league it does make it tough I'd love to actually host an event up here one day. Let the boys play EF and send the wives to Banff (mountain tourist town)

I am curious to see/hear how heavy you guys that do play multi-stop are making your players on average (assuming of course that isn't a state secret). Like I said we have no frame of reference.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:03 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Dually Noted

I can't speak for everyone here, but back in the day, my average lineman was 16 grams (base & figure). Have not weighed them recently, but they are definitely more than that now.

If you like, shoot me your address, via PM, and I will send you a nice little care package.

Unfortunately, the wieghted thing is not that open when it comes to sharing information on how to build a team. I promise you though, that will change soon.

Yeah, let the men play

-Adrian-
Old 01-12-2011, 11:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Also....

I have not read it yet, but one the Tweak Magazine's has an article in it about the weighted game. I believe Darrian Ross submitted the article. Not sure how much information was shared. At least that would be a start.

-Adrian-
Old 01-12-2011, 11:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER View Post
I can't speak for everyone here, but back in the day, my average lineman was 16 grams (base & figure). Have not weighed them recently, but they are definitely more than that now.
16 grams! Holy poop. I had somewhere around 10 grams in my head as a 'very heavy figure' LOL But that easily explains not using TTC's in that style of play.

I suppose that's just a lot of lead tape etc. I'm assuming everything must be 'hidden' as well?