Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2010, 08:55 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default MPFL SOLITAIRE

Ant,

when you practice/play solitaire, how do you call your play formations for the offense and defense. So it is fair for both teams. I think you said games still last up to 2 1/2 hrs.

thanx
mantaraydre
Old 09-26-2010, 10:11 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Play Calling

In my spring league, I have created situational play calling. In each situation (1st and 10, 2nd and 5+, 2nd and <5, 3rd and 7+, 3rd and 2-6, 3rd and 1) I will have 6 plays designed to fit that particular teams style. For example, Oklahoma runs the Wishbone, Nebraska runs the I formation, Missouri runs the Veer, and so on. I just roll one die and get the result.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:01 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Play calling

There is no system in play calling that I use, however I do look at formation and understand what formation counters another.

Then there is position discipline on every play, you must know what is required to make a play work.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:33 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Smile

i made my own playchart, quite similar as the one (I think it's CLM design) amde it. Now i changed it for 4 quarters of 12 plays (PAT doesn't count as a play). Lenght of the game is about 60-75 minutes.

For a 32 teams, 6 game schedule, it is long enough.

Benster
Old 12-05-2010, 11:04 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Think Like a Coach

I have found that if you look at the down and distance, formation, and weapons ths will help in plat selection.

Most coaches don't have lack patience and thus will get pass happy, there is now understanding of field position or clock management, all of witch factors into the play calling.

You just can't say I'm going to run this play and it will work, you have to look at the hole picture.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default MPFL SOLITAIRE LEAGUE

ANT/MPFL ONLY COACHES

Would you guys be interested in starting a MPFL ONLY solitaire league. I have an idea on pro league. This way coaches from around the country and world can all play in 1 MPFL LEAGUE without the travel. it will require picking a AFC TEAM AND NFC TEAM FOR EACH COACH.

If interested, then we can all go into talks about how to play the MPFL SYSTEM together in the solitaire arena. IT ONLY TAKES A FEW YES VOTES !!

MANTARYDRE
Old 12-05-2010, 01:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ???

That's an idea!

But I'm not to sure on how to go about it.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default SOLITAIRE

ANT,

I already have the perfect college set up requiring 2 teams per coach.

Let me think of the perfect up the perfect pro set up. for one, coaches would have to play WitH the teams they have so there can be NO exact divisions like all the teams in the aft east. (UNLESS YOU HAVE THEM) . a coach would have to set up his division according to the teams he has. For instance, the afc east could look like

1)miami
2)denver
3)pittsburgh
4)dallas

This is because a certain coach only has these teams which is fine.

NO DUPLICATE HOME TEAMS ! but a coach can put that team in his division.
No stats will be kept for the divisional teams JUST THE HOME TEAMS.
For example, every stat possible will be recorded for your PANTHERS because that is a LEAGUE HOME TEAM. Lets say decal master has a set of panthers and puts them in his division WITH THE GIANTS BEING HIS HOME TEAM. Only stats will be recorded for his giants and the panthers not 1 stat will be recorded because that is your LEAGUE HOME TEAM.
Just wins,loses, points for and points against will be recorded for the DIVISIONAL TEAMS. (we will need that later for playoff purposes)

League will be based on the home teams record All

1)passing
2)rushing
3)receiving
4)interceptions
5)sacks

will be carefully recorded on each play just for everyones home team.

FOR EXAMPLE, QUARTERBACK LEADERS WILL LOOK LIKE

1) NOT SURE OF A PANTHER QB (BURGESS PANTHERS)
2)ELI MANNING(DECAL MASTERS GIANTS)
3)DAN MARINO(DRE'S DOLPHINS)

WHICH ARE ALL OF OUR HOME TEAMS.

coaches just need to pick a favorite home team that is not taken. Also, have ANY OTHER NFL TEAMS to fill their division. AT LEAST 5 OTHER TEAMS.

THE FOCUS WILL SOLEY BE ON THE HOME TEAMS. But those home teams need divisional foes to build their record, or have bad seasons.

STRICKLY MPFL STYLE ONLY SO WE ARE ON THE SAME PAGE
ANTHONY BURGESS WILL BE THE COMMISSIONER.
WE WILL PLAT EXACTLY HOW THE DVD PLAYS.

There is plenty of time to build this up with many discussions.
ant can instruct anyone on how to run your solitaire plays in this system.

You will learn a lot about football doing this.

This will be fun for coaches around the country and world interested in PLAYING THE MPFL STYLE.

ALL YOU HAV TO DO IS PICK A HOME PRO TEAM , AT LEAST 4 TO 5 DIVISIONAL FOES, STUDY THE MPFL SYSTEM.

Everything else will be done for you. No traveling, no expense !

Just the want to play real football like it is seen on television. Thats it !

mantaraydre
Old 12-05-2010, 02:35 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default A PLAYOFF SCENARIO.

ANT,

Being that the MPFL is based on real football like what is seen on television.

The entire season will be played the mpfl style.

What if the teams that match up in the playoffs played the post season on the computer using madden. Since the mpfl system is pretty much the same as madden, it makes perfect sense. Because the same plays you run in the mpfl you can run in madden. The Mpfl is not based on who is stronger or anything like that. MPFL and MADDEN run the same. We can worry about setting up the madden later. IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE. Lets say you won a playoff game using madden. The other coach cant say i would have beat you in miniature football because my men were stronger. mpfl does not run like that in the first place, so they are pretty much the
same. Running football plays !!
The EXACT PLAYS YOU RUN IN THE MPFL YOU CAN RUN IN MADDEN. just use the exact same playbook
NO ONE WILL EVER HAVE TO LEAVE HOME.

MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 12-05-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:59 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default PLAYERS IQ

There is one vital point in the game that makes a huge impact and that is a players football intelligence!

In most games there system puts every one on the same intelligence level, but that's not right in my opinion.

The vital difference is in the players ability through his football IQ ie play recognition, study, etc.

EXAMPLE: In my the MPFL seasons most coaches didn't practice, didn't study the DVD, didn't run plays, only worked on there passing game. I study, practiced running formations, defending formations, ran and defended run and pass formations.

Now when it was time for a game I was ready for what ever formation the other coache showed me, and knew how to defend them.

Preparation, practice, study, execution these are what is needed to win and putting every one on the same level is not fair to the coaches that does what it takes to win and it helps the coach that does nothing.