Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2008, 08:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Welcome to the MPFL

I want to first thank every one who will read or post in this area. And also thank the MFCA for giving the MPFL this area.

To all who express an interest in this system the first thing you should know is that this is not EF according to what people think, it is not a rule set.

It is infact a procedure guide to play actual real football with miniatures, the rules are simple, " Real Football Rules NFL "

The next thing is to click in this link WWW.MPFLFOOTBALL.COM

Everything you will need to know about this system you can find there,
http://www.mpflfootball.com/history.htm
http://www.mpflfootball.com/philosophy.htm
http://www.mpflfootball.com/football101/index.htm
Old 11-25-2008, 08:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Any Questions

If you have any question about this remarkable system, or if you have purchased the DVD and have question, please ask !!!!!!

Hear you can feel free to express how you feel about this system, and how it has changed the way you view this hobby.

I can also help you with coaching tips, coaching tips.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Good luck Anthony, I am glad you got a forum for MPFL!

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default THANK YOU FOR WELCOMING INTO THE MPFL

I will post in depth later but for starters this is the most innovative and realistic approach to football. It is what you alway's wanted to do on a miniature scale. TIS IS THE SYSTEM FOR COACHES MORE SO THAN JUST SKILLED EF PLAYERS.

I HAVE A VERY QUICK QUESTION.

ARE ITZ DIALS ALLOWED AND ARE BOAT BASES ALLOWED /

MANTARAYDRE
Old 11-26-2008, 09:32 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Got A Question For, Homez...

I posted this in the other forum recently, but did not get a reply from you. Just in case you did not see it, I am posting it here as well. Please respond to this as it relates to the MPFL system. Thx!

Did anybody peep the rule out a couple of weeks ago about the legal forward pass when a portion of the QB’s body has not crossed the LOS? I believe, in the example to which they were referring, it was the back of the QB’s foot that remained behind the LOS at the time the ball was released. All other parts of the QB’s body was either on or past the LOS.

"I may not be quoting this exactly right, so please forgive me, but regarding this situation, it appears that the NFL rule states that "a forward pass is legal as long as some portion of the player’s body remains behind the LOS at the time the ball is released.”

If this is correct, why, in most cases, do WE (in the EF/MF/BB/MPF community) consider the QB to be ineligible to pass or pitch the ball once his base touches the LOS and not once all of his base and/or body is no longer behind the LOS?

Thx!

-Adrian-
Old 11-26-2008, 11:26 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default THE MPFL RULE SET

ATT ADRIAN,

Can you share some experiences playing in the MPFL.

1) HOW WAS YOUR RUNNING GAME ?

2) YOUR PERSONAL MAGNET USE ?

3) DID YOUR RECEIVERS RUN GREAT ROUTES ?

ETC ETC ETC

Whatever you can share playing in this system

thanx
mantaraydre
Old 11-26-2008, 12:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hope This Helps, Dre!

ATT ADRIAN,

I am not sure exactly. Burgess has all the stats. I believe it was basically non-existent.

2) YOUR PERSONAL MAGNET USE ?Preferred to use fewer magnets than most other coaches. Mostly used one and rarely two on O. Used two to three on D quite frequently. Used the max of 5 on D occasionally.

Defensively, I am extremely unconventional. Using fewer magnets helps with my style. Also, it helps cut down on waisted time simply because there is so much to do and/or pay attention to during each stoppage. Some time there is a struggle to (1) remember who is on a magnet and (2) remove the magnet (sounds simple to do, right?).

3) DID YOUR RECEIVERS RUN GREAT ROUTES ?Not really. I believe, the more time you spend in this system, the more a coach will improve. I never practiced and my regular season games were too spaced out to achieve any level of consistent improvement. With that said, I was no cake-walk for any of my opponents. BELIEVE THAT!!!

ETC ETC ETC
This is a GREAT well thought-out system. In my eyes, as well as some others who have played under this system, there are only a few areas that need to be addressed. But, it appears that the culture that exists for change (no matter how minor) in this environment is not well received. And when I say change, I mean a tweak here and a tweak there to make more sense and to be one more step towards realism. In any event, these areas of concern should have no bearing on anyone playing this style.

Ex: Kick-offs and Punts.
If one is required/chooses to kick/punt, then it should not be automatic. Specifically regarding punts, if you have me pent on my 2 yard-line and I punt on 4th down, it does not make much sense for you to take over on your own 20 yard line. It just does not make sense. This is not a scrimmage. Neither should the D be penalized (if you will) for palying excellent D. Again, this is no reason to be discouraged from playing this style. I strongly believe that, things like this will be changed over time. The more we ask questions, express our opinions and participate, the more likely the change we are all looking for will occur. The type of change from which we all will benefit. I strongly believe that this type of change is inevitable.

Overall, I love playing in this system. I just NEED more CONSISTENT play from all involved.

-Adrian-
Old 11-26-2008, 07:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER View Post
I posted this in the other forum recently, but did not get a reply from you. Just in case you did not see it, I am posting it here as well. Please respond to this as it relates to the MPFL system. Thx!

Did anybody peep the rule out a couple of weeks ago about the legal forward pass when a portion of the QB’s body has not crossed the LOS? I believe, in the example to which they were referring, it was the back of the QB’s foot that remained behind the LOS at the time the ball was released. All other parts of the QB’s body was either on or past the LOS.

"I may not be quoting this exactly right, so please forgive me, but regarding this situation, it appears that the NFL rule states that "a forward pass is legal as long as some portion of the player’s body remains behind the LOS at the time the ball is released.”

If this is correct, why, in most cases, do WE (in the EF/MF/BB/MPF community) consider the QB to be ineligible to pass or pitch the ball once his base touches the LOS and not once all of his base and/or body is no longer behind the LOS?

Thx!

-Adrian-
Adrian

I want to maintain consistency, the base is used to tackle, mark forward progress, did the player step out of bounds?

Also to eliminate avenues that a coach may try to use to gain an unfair advantage by playing to the rule rather then play football.
I also want to eliminate the gray areas in the NFL Rules, and make it simple.

Is he over or on the line or past it etc, so to keep it simple if any part of the QB's base is OVER the line ( LOS ) then it is an illegal forward pass.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER View Post
ATT ADRIAN,

I am not sure exactly. Burgess has all the stats. I believe it was basically non-existent.

2) YOUR PERSONAL MAGNET USE ?Preferred to use fewer magnets than most other coaches. Mostly used one and rarely two on O. Used two to three on D quite frequently. Used the max of 5 on D occasionally.

Defensively, I am extremely unconventional. Using fewer magnets helps with my style. Also, it helps cut down on waisted time simply because there is so much to do and/or pay attention to during each stoppage. Some time there is a struggle to (1) remember who is on a magnet and (2) remove the magnet (sounds simple to do, right?).

3) DID YOUR RECEIVERS RUN GREAT ROUTES ?Not really. I believe, the more time you spend in this system, the more a coach will improve. I never practiced and my regular season games were too spaced out to achieve any level of consistent improvement. With that said, I was no cake-walk for any of my opponents. BELIEVE THAT!!!

ETC ETC ETC
This is a GREAT well thought-out system. In my eyes, as well as some others who have played under this system, there are only a few areas that need to be addressed. But, it appears that the culture that exists for change (no matter how minor) in this environment is not well received. And when I say change, I mean a tweak here and a tweak there to make more sense and to be one more step towards realism. In any event, these areas of concern should have no bearing on anyone playing this style.

Ex: Kick-offs and Punts.
If one is required/chooses to kick/punt, then it should not be automatic. Specifically regarding punts, if you have me pent on my 2 yard-line and I punt on 4th down, it does not make much sense for you to take over on your own 20 yard line. It just does not make sense. This is not a scrimmage. Neither should the D be penalized (if you will) for palying excellent D. Again, this is no reason to be discouraged from playing this style. I strongly believe that, things like this will be changed over time. The more we ask questions, express our opinions and participate, the more likely the change we are all looking for will occur. The type of change from which we all will benefit. I strongly believe that this type of change is inevitable.

Overall, I love playing in this system. I just NEED more CONSISTENT play from all involved.

-Adrian-
Adrian

There is a rule in place however the coaches are not ready for this as of yet. Keeping thing simple is the key. Not all coaches work on there kickers as they should, so those that do gain an advantage through hard work.

As the coaches mature in the system then they will advance to the next
level that this system has to offer, until then it is what it is.

Last edited by Anthony D Burgess : 12-03-2008 at 04:26 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTARAY- DRE View Post
I will post in depth later but for starters this is the most innovative and realistic approach to football. It is what you alway's wanted to do on a miniature scale. TIS IS THE SYSTEM FOR COACHES MORE SO THAN JUST SKILLED EF PLAYERS.

I HAVE A VERY QUICK QUESTION.

ARE ITZ DIALS ALLOWED ( Yes ) AND ARE BOAT BASES ALLOWED ( NO ) /

MANTARAYDRE
The answer is there.