Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2008, 02:55 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default THANX, JUST TAKING NOTES AND PREPARING THE PHIN'S

Ant one other question.

are the BROWN bases allowed IF PAINTED GREEN TO MATCH THE FIELD ?

I know these bases are outlawed in various league's. Just checking to see if they can be used.

MANTARAYDRE
Old 11-28-2008, 12:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTARAY- DRE View Post
Ant one other question.

are the BROWN bases allowed IF PAINTED GREEN TO MATCH THE FIELD ?( YES )

I know these bases are outlawed in various league's. Just checking to see if they can be used.

MANTARAYDRE
Cool
Old 12-02-2008, 06:25 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hey Ant.

i just paypaled you for the DVD. i am looking forward to the viewing and checking out your style of play.

Scott Hooper
Old 12-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Mike Carr

Default Please explain comment

Ex: Kick-offs and Punts.
If one is required/chooses to kick/punt, then it should not be automatic. Specifically regarding punts, if you have me pent on my 2 yard-line and I punt on 4th down, it does not make much sense for you to take over on your own 20 yard line. It just does not make sense. This is not a scrimmage. Neither should the D be penalized (if you will) for palying excellent D. Again, this is no reason to be discouraged from playing this style. I strongly believe that, things like this will be changed over time. The more we ask questions, express our opinions and participate, the more likely the change we are all looking for will occur. The type of change from which we all will benefit. I strongly believe that this type of change is inevitable.

Overall, I love playing in this system. I just NEED more CONSISTENT play from all involved.

-Adrian-

Adrian

There is a rule in place however the coaches are not ready for this as of yet. Keeping thing simple is the key. Not all coaches work on there kickers as they should, so those that do gain an advantage through hard work.

As the coaches mature in the system then they will advance to the next level that this system has to offer, until then it is what it is.

I need some explaination to your comment about coaches not being ready. How do you determain if a coach is ready for something if they haven't been seen doing it. I really don't understand the meaning of saying is not mature enough for something to be put into a system that will make it greater than it already is, like Mr. Baxter said having a defense stop an oppentent on the two yard line and have them put you back on your 20 takes all the wind out of you because you have just been pentalize for playing great defense. As for myself I have returned punts for 68, 74 & 89 yard touchdowns and not to mention a 94 yard kickoff return in a game. So once again I am asking what determines a coach to be ready or not ready.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:36 AM
MFCA MEMBER

There is a rule in place however the coaches are not ready for this as of yet. Keeping thing simple is the key. Not all coaches work on there kickers as they should, so those that do gain an advantage through hard work.

As the coaches mature in the system then they will advance to the next level that this system has to offer, until then it is what it is.

As this season is a prime example, games not being played on time, games forfeited. Coaches going for it on 4 and long from there 2 yard line clearly show poor decision making.

Coaches want this and that however are unable to follow instructions as per coaches duties and responsibility. Now I will just leave it at that.

But as stated above, here is something in place but it is not time to put it into effect.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHAEL DOWNS View Post
i just paypaled you for the DVD. i am looking forward to the viewing and checking out your style of play.

Scott Hooper
Alright, I will try to send you're DVD out to you on Thursday.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:25 PM
JIMBO

Default MISSED THIS ONE

This is probably the most abused aspect of the game. There is NO rule in the NFL prohibiting a team from recruiting a Punter with a bionic leg that could punt the ball 98 yards. If Col. Steve Austin played in the NFL or Clark Kent, then that would be a regular occurence. Right now the physical human limitation of the average punter is about 45 yds with a 4-second hangtime.

IF you practice with your kicker you should be able to do what the pros do, BUT within the limitations of the miniature game. It is near impossible to see exactly where the ball crosses out-of-bounds like the side judge does. All we CAN see is the ball either goes OB or it goes through the endzone. ANYBODY and EVERYBODY can do that without practice. No skill involved.

Since this is an ADVANCED way of playing and to help with the simulation, we should install limitations thus mandating practice and improved skill i.e. "the ball must rest within either sideline without ricochet." - Jimbo's HYBRID Rules, 2008. I'm curious to see AB's ruling on this.

I say, if you can land the ball on the backline, then I'll take the ball at my 20. On either sideline, I'll take it at the spot. BUT...if you mess up and land it on the 1 and you have no coverage, then it is what it is.

If it's in the rules then do it, regardless of Coaching experience.

Last edited by JIMBO : 12-31-2008 at 09:31 PM.