Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2011, 04:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Noticeable Drop Off of Talent in CWD Method

It worked just like I had theorized. The game was out of hand with 20 plays to go and the decision to take out 15 starters from both teams showed a tremendous drop-off in talent and performance between the two teams.

You still had a few starters on each side of the ball who became dominate players at that point because they were much heavier (on average) than the second teamers and had better bases.

This is what is usually seen in real football too. And that was what I wanted to simulate. The RBs did not perform at the same level as Terrell Davis and Reggie Bush did. Even the QB play was not as good. The O-lines did not block as well.

I even saw a safety for the Saints get beat very badly. The Broncos had not had that problem all day. There were some players (2nd teamers) who did play on par with the starters. Those are the ones who will get a second look quicker.

The Cumulative Weight Distribution method gives me the leeway to mix and match players. One thing I have to always protect against are devastating injuries to key players. Teams like the 49ers (Rice is lost for 6 weeks), Baltimore (Ameche season ending), and Miami (Fernandez) will have some big shoes to feel and teams will go after those spotty areas.

The Niners passing attack suffered when you replaced Mike Wilson (3.5 g) for Jerry Rice (7.0 g). The Miami Dolphins gave up a record 257 yards rushing to Lenny Moore, with 150 of those coming on the heels of Fernandez's injury. Lenny Moore became a workhorse runner when Ameche went down for the season in that same game against the Dolphins.

So with the injuries, lesser talent is inserted into the spots and now, the war of attrition begins to take shape. This is fun and it's gettin' better with me playing more and more games. I love this stuff!

Reg
Old 01-27-2011, 06:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Like the CWD-

Love, love, love, the CWD concept. So I incorporated it into my soon to start Solitaire League.

I did put a twist on it, though. My max player weights are based on type of figure, and each team can have 2 figures add 2 additional grams, and three figures add one gram to their max player weight.

The typical player weight is 4.0g, which is typically reserved for linemen or bigger figures.

In scrimmage play, a 5.8g 67 BM figure at TE was absolutely unstoppable getting down the field. It was very tough for the 3.8g LB and 3.6g Safety to stay with him.