Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > Shootout Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2009, 02:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default CBSMF kicking game

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...35961599589189
Old 04-09-2009, 06:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Here is the 1.6 Version in Excel Spreadsheet

Excel Kicking Sheet
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Andre's Rule.pdf (174.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: pdf CBSMF Quicklook Ver 1.6.pdf (171.0 KB, 16 views)
Old 03-15-2010, 10:10 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default QUESTION

I have a question about the kicking game, my question is not ment to start any issues but to try and understand the philosophy behind it.

Question:

I understand the the ttqb is used to pass and you guys are very good at that skill.

The ttqb is also used to kick, but it is not used in that manner yet it is the same figure.

Why is dice used for punting and kicking (ttqb figure) and not used for passing (ttqb figure) they are the very same figure?
Old 03-15-2010, 12:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default AB...

Ab,

How are you my friend? No offense taken. I will do my best to answer your question.

In real football it takes a lot of skill and a lot of work for a QB to master his craft and one knows that even after becoming really good at it you never really master it. Just ask Peyton Manning after his critical interception in the 4th quarter of this past years super bowl.

We use the TTQB to pass and not the dice because it takes a certain level of skill and committment to your craft to be good at it. We don't use the TTQB to simulate the kick on kickoffs because that figure has been manipulated to kick at a velocity and distance that is not realistic. I can kick a ball with my ttqb across my entire living room. So using that option on the field of play never allows for a return.

The reason why we don't use dice to pass is because it leaves the outcome up to chance and percentages and not skill. That is one of the reasons why we play electric football instead of playstation...We are the QB instead of the artificial intelligence of an animated figure on screen. There is a bigger thrill when and greater reward when you complete a clutch pass opposed to the dice or a video game peyton manning completing it for you.

This is just our perception of it coming from a shootout point of view.

Others don't look at like this. However, if you took a pole and all people being honest...I'd say that more than 95% of the coaches in the US that prefer to use the sticks or dice as an option are less skilled at using the ttqb than most. I think the idea behind the dice and the sticks are great. It allows people an opportunity to enjoy the game at whatever level they are at.

Also, what I have found is that the dice and sticks are a much better way of passing the football in different styles of play. Rules are based around how you use the figures to perform the required tasks. So in some leagues around the country I would completely have to change my approach to be competitve and might actually have to use sticks or dice to be successful.

It is more important to read each set of rules and understand how to approach each league strategically so that you are competitive when you play. Some rule sets are more condusive to playing with dice and sticks and others are more ttqb friendly.

Last edited by Hook'em Horns : 03-15-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks

Thank you I get the understanding now!

And I am doing good, I'm having fun in the police academy, it's very hard at time and very demanding on the body but over all I love it.

How are you doing? I hope all is well with you.

I wish coaches would do what we just did, and that is rather then take offence to something and judge it but rather ask a question that is not judgemental.

I have heard a lot of things about how you guys do things and I do not trust other peoples opinion so for me I simply ask.

Be bless both you and you're league

AB.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Mike,
I found your answer very informative and friendly as you didnt compare or put down any other system. That is quite refreshing. Just a little thought that one might consider though (call it a plug if you want) But the G-FORCE TDK is very capable of doing realistic kicks/punts,pooch punts and coffin corner kicks. It does require practice much like the TTQB/TDQ and would surely be considered a learned skill could add realism to the game and . Your thoughts?

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com

Last edited by Geno H : 03-16-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default TDQ ENDORSEMENT

GENO...THANKS FOR CREATING THE TDQ ALTHOUGH I HAVE NOT YET MASTERED THE USE OF IT.....IT HAS GIVEN ME A BETTER CHANCE OF COMPLETING PASSES.....JUST HAVE TO GET USED TO THE STRAIGHT LINE THAT IT ALLOWS YOU TO THROW AND ALSO I HAVE TO MASTER THE LOB WHICH IS SWEET ALMOST COMPLETED A LOB PASS WHICH ALLOWED ME TO PASS OVER DEFENSIVE PLAYERS.......GREAT CREATION...ONE DAY I HOPE TO BE ATLEAST A 60% PASSER .....GREAT TOOL WHICH ENHANCES GAME PLAY...ATLEAST FOR ME IT DOES....

THANKS AGAIN AND
Old 03-17-2010, 03:03 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default TDK endorsement

I do not use the TDQ that much, but I will stand beehind the TDK (kicker)!!!

now I will actually attempt FG now instand of going for it all the time!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Always been a fan of Geno

and the TDQ. I remember Geno, MantarayDre, and I sitting out in the hall discussing a way to make a product available for people who are handicapped. Geno had the right spirit about things and he and Dre worked and talked about this.

Guys like him, you always root for, because they come with great integrity and a good heart. Anything he has, I will always endorse in my games, because I know he does things for the good of the game.

Reg