Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > Shootout Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 11:14 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default CBSMF - rules

So for a point of clarification here......

As the rules stand right now....

1) If a player runs out of bounds following a running play and the box is shaken and the result is a fumble, it is a fumble despite the fact he ran out of bounds first....

2) If a player runs out of bounds following a pass play and the box is shaken and the result is a fumble to the defense or an incomplete pass it is a turn-over/incomplete pass despite the fact he ran out first....

3) The offense throws and interception, the box is shaken and the result is a "turnover by the offense". The call in the game was a fumble by the interceptor. This does not make sense to me as the defense is still on the field. If it was returned for a touchdown it would be a defensive stat.

If this is the case the rules need to be revised to say "fumble by the ballcarrier".

Clarifications please.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Answers to clarifications

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. This can be revised - no problem

Again, the box is absolute. But again, when we are in Ohio, we will revisit these situations.

Reg
Old 06-09-2009, 12:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Clarification....

Please when we get to Canton...Let it just be clarifications and not changing of the rules....The rules are great as they are but just need to be cleaned up alittle....and Guys throughout he country when you are stuck in a game...please reach out to others in the country when you cannot reach either Reg or Mike...

We in the BAM also have a year under our belt and are versed in the rules as well...this will enhance the League as a whole and build a better foundation for the future.......
Old 06-09-2009, 01:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks Reg and Morgan.....

..... For your prompt responses. For starters I love the ruleset and the box and the excitement level the CBSMF has brought to the hobby!!!

But we have had some issuses in-game were we are calling for help on the rules and getting conflicting information. At this point in the season I think it would help to have one voice for rule interpretation.......Perhaps Mike Robertson could be that voice until we meet in Canton......
Old 05-28-2010, 02:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default fumbling out of bounds....

i think the fumbling out of bounds rule needs to be revised.

in real football (which is what we try to emulate) you CAN'T have a loss of posession if the ball goes out of bounds... EVEN IF THE BALL WAS JARRED LOOSE FROM A BACK OR RECIEVER AND GETS KICKED AROUND THEN GOES OUT OF BOUNDS..OFFENSE KEEPS THE BALL.

i dont understand the rule of fumble out of bounds....it makes no sence to me at all.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:53 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Not a fumble

In reviewing this year's rules it states:

7.2.5 If a ball carrier crosses the goal line or goes out of bounds, and double one are shaken then there is not a fumble.

So I believe this was addressed for this year.

Joe G
MFCA Member #15
Old 05-28-2010, 05:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ok thanks

Thanks Joe,

I am trying to get a grip on the differences in rules before i get to ohio and get shocked by something i didn't remember.
The rules here are slightly different so i dont want to be miss-informed and think i can/can not do something and be wrong
Old 05-28-2010, 05:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default We've got to bring everyone together...

under the same ruleset.

I know last year we had spoke of allowing the individual conferences to put in their own flava but this year, I know Greg was pretty adamant about all playing under the exact same ruleset.

We don't want you to be confused either because Heaven forbid, if by some chance one of us lose, and put it on the rules not being the same. That's why everyone east of the Mountain West are trying so hard to make sure we are all playing by the same rules.

The thing about trying to change things like this (rules discussion) is that Greg has a committee that meets after the season. The rules should have been known as far as changes but by game time, EVERYONE should have been in accord on the rules.

This will stop all those calls from people who are not even in the league protesting on behalf of guys who are in the league. Most of that is usually done in a negative way so it is important-vitally-to be understanding of what will happen in Canton.

Just my take,

Reg
Old 05-28-2010, 07:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default heyyyy

you guys are looking at a post from last year. Look at the revised rules that were posted for 2010. The post you guys are responding to are from 2009.

Don't confuse yourselves. I know that there are a lot of versions out there but the correct version is posted online. The rules are always a work in progress but you will save yourself a lot of time if you got yourself a copy, went through them and regardless of weather or not you agreed with them just played by them.