Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2008, 09:11 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up DFW. BAM and all ShootOut System Styled Leagues

I need a little clarity. I am clear on a scramble but If my Qb rolls out l or r and does not pass the LOS can he still pass? If he does not have any one open can he still run? If he keeps it and runs, will the coach be charged for a scramble? I studied the scramble rule and i am clear that Qb must start on immobile/stationary base to declare a scramble..after the base switch and declaration of a scramble..the switch must be passed before crossing the LOS if the QB keeps it....

Trying to make the playoffs need to be on point with the rules.

Last edited by GrandMasterKC : 11-19-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:59 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Here's the Option

I need a little clarity.

Question 1:
I am clear on a scramble but If my Qb rolls out l or r and does not pass the LOS can he still pass?

Answer: Yes, just like any level of football. You can immediately stop the board and place the passing QB down and attempt a pass. The intended receiver can be engaged.

Question 2:
If he does not have any one open can he still run?

Answer :
Yes, provided you immediately hand the switch over once you get to the line of scrimmage. If you run the switch past the line of scrimmage, that is an unsportsmanslike conduct on you. We usually give a 3 yard grace but sometimes the yardage is so important and the offensive coach will run the switch and stop it when he wants. This happens can happen when a defensive player tackles the ballcarrier and there is a dispute as to where the tackle was at. So, to make it easy on everyone, we put it in the hands of the defense because wherever he stops it is where it is at.

Question 3: If he keeps it and runs, will the coach be charged for a scramble?

Answer: Not if he does not start in a controlled scramble, meaning with a stationary QB or one that is running around in circle behind the O-Line.

Hopes this helps.

Reg
Old 11-19-2008, 11:31 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Defense

Once the switch is handed over and the "rolling out" QB is now going to run past the LOS - can the defense adjust any unengaged players?

Obviously - the board would be stopped as the offensive coach hands over the switch in this situation - right?
Old 11-19-2008, 12:35 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default The 10 Yard Rule

The 10 yard rule is still in effect. The defensive team can only adjust after the ballcarrier reaches 10 yards or more. At that point, he can tell the offensive coach to shake the box and react any unengaged players. At this point, they have read the play and are now, reacting.

Reg
Old 11-19-2008, 02:55 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up It is an honor to keep learning in this process...

knowledge is power and wisdom is touchdowns Thanks Coach RR and Coach Bob for the follow up question key information.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default DFW Rules

Glad to be of help! The best thing to do is to ask the question instead of assume. It's always a logical answer to the rule.

Do you have the list of experts to ask in this style of play? If not, let me know and I can get you a list of contact people.

Reg