Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2011, 10:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default League Names

The post on nicknames got me thinking about all the league titles out there as well. I always am frustrated becuase I don't know what the league initials on various posts stand for.

DSEFL doesn't mean much to someone who doesn't know what it stands for. Occasionally someone gives the unabridged version of their league name so I'm starting to pick up a few, but not many.

Is there a place where they are listed, in some order for ease of referance?

Aslo, if it's not obviouse, is there an explanation and/or story behind your leauge name?

I'm just getting started with this but I'm thinking maybe mine is the longest league name around: Minnesota's Park Avanue Nine Man Miniature Electric Football Solitaire League (MPANMMEFSL)

I'm a teacher and I really enjoy teaching the history of our local communities. To make a long story short my league is a fantasy league made up of teams from logging boom towns along a 26 mile stretch of highway number 1 in Northern Minnesota, reffered to as Park Avanue in the early 1900's becuase it was the 'nicest' road around. When completed the teams will be comprised of people who actually lived and worked in these communities. The offensive and defensive schemes the teams run are based on the schemes of actual teams the highschool team I coach plays. We play nine-man. This will help me prepare for next fall's games.

.....not so short a story I guess.....

I'm putting it all together as I play games. There are six teams:

Northome Bears
Grattan Swamp Loggers
Camp 53 Shays
Wildwood Woodsmen
Caldwell Busties
Plum Creek Pioneers

The Pioneers appear to be the the team to beat after three weeks of a ten game schedule.

I look forward to hearing about your league.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:49 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default League names

You can go to the front page of the website miniaturefootball.org and most of the league names are under the league section.

My solitiare leagues are part of the MCMFA (Music City Miniature Football Association). Music City for the Nashville, TN area.
Attached Images

"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 01-08-2011, 11:00 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks; there are a lot of them there. Some are quite interesting.