Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2009, 08:59 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default WHO IS YOUR CLOSEST BORDERING MF NEIGHBOR AND

HOW FAR ARE YOU WILLING TO TRAVEL FOR A GAME DAY.

coaches, as you know we are spread all accross the land. So coaches have trouble finding an opponent and resort to playing solitaire. so with that said, who is your closet MF neighbor in terms of state to state distance. I know wolf put up a coaches map before. I would like to see a map with all the coaches names in small print in their regions. After that we could determine the time and distance of your bordering neighbors from either 1 or 2 states away. If you like traveling by bus im sure there are companies who cater to groups spread accross the us. This way coaches can travel as a group or individually at a discount rate. This will help get games played in the MFCA league and other ventures coaches are a part of.

Alot of times when people see this type of visualization via a map with time and distance. You here the, "oh, your not that far from me. Alot of coaches dont mind traveling 3 hours in a day to get in some significant MINIATURE FOOTBALL.

MY BODERING NEIGHBORS FROM NEW YORK ARE

1) NEW JERSEY

2)CONNECTICUT

PS/YOU CAN LIST SPECIFIC TOWNS IF YOU LIKE. Also, someone may live near a town where you have family !!!!!!!!!!!!

PS-2/ IF YOU KNOW COACHES IN A NEIGHBORING TOWN 2 STATES AWAY PLEASE MENTION THEM.

MANTARAYDRE
Old 10-10-2009, 09:27 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Reg R,,, same town..7 minutes away.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:37 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Closet MF neighbors

I generally travel 2 to 4 hours to play. 2 hours to Glasgow, KY to the Bluegrass EFL. Other areas such as Atlanta, GA and Birmingham, AL are 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours away.

I do finally have someone in Nashville who is 30 minutes away and we have been getting together recently.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 10-10-2009, 10:57 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I am lucky, in that when i get back to fullfledge coaching, i have plenty around to rock with.

You Dre, are only 45 minutes from me, and i am always out around your way as my wife is from queens and has lots of friends and family. Always looking for the quick escape for an hour or two.

Mozeek is a short 30 minutes, now that i have moved up to Westchester.

Paul Gardner is about 35 minutes, playing in Bryant Park.

And the Jersey crew of Joe G, Rock Solid and Karim are about 50 minutes away down the pike . I am actually heading to some family down that way right now. My wife is yelling at me at this very moment i am typing to get dressed so we can leave.

The Connecticut crew is alittle more than an hour.

The Philly crew is just under 2 hrs.

And Coach Johnny Thomas, who i have yet to hook up with, but its coming real soon, is

JUST DOWN THE ROAD FROM ME. i CAN RIDE MY BIKE THERE IN LESS THAN 8 MINUTES, SO LONG AS I CAN MAKE IT UP THAT LONG ARSE HILL.

oh, and the Buzzball guys are a nice 3 hour drive away as well.

"Coming honey......."

Last edited by HOOP : 10-10-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Closet MF Leauge

JOEFL 2 1/2 hours away games day did not match up with work schedule, but much love goes out to NODave.

DSEFL 5 hours away, games did not match up with work schedule

Willing to travel but work schedule interferring with schedule dates.

One of these days Alice, One of these days
Old 10-11-2009, 05:52 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Close

I'm lucky here in Ga as well. I haven't counted, but have at least 15, probably more, coaches any where from 15 minute (Alan Ridgell and Leonard Crawford} to 1:15 away.

That includes the guys in Charles Lane in Chattanooga, Tenn and David Nichols and Gary Pate in Alabama. There's also a Dan Long, I think in Alabama. Also all the fine folks in the Dixie League in Spartenburg, SC Beenutt, Joel Pritchard and company at just under 3 hours.

Joe Ram
Old 10-11-2009, 12:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up I got EF Family in..NY, PA, MD, Conn......

..and if I get me some frequent fliers miles man the only border will be me boarding a plane "Whats good Dre..you know you are just a train ride away and always got EF family in NJ and bring "Hooper" with you"

*I cover a great deal of travel by calling Coaches so add SC, NC, GA, Cali, MI, Ala, and so on.............

Last edited by GrandMasterKC : 10-11-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:02 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default closest mf'er

JoeRam is the closest mf"er to me.Hey Joe I spoke to Leonard the other day and he has moved way south of town.He is still only about 45 minutes away.Tony Lott is pretty close to me for any of ya'll that remembers that name.He doesn't play in our league but I still practice with him from time to time.