Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2009, 01:04 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Big Ten Spartans

Big Ten CBSMF Michigan State Spartans are starting to take shape. Defense is modeled after the George Perless era with the block "S" on one side of the helmet only. They had some good defenses in those years.

Still a lot to do before the annual green and white game. I have been planning to make a "Sparty" mascot for some time and finally got around to doing it this weekend. The best mascot in all of college football in my opinion!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Treks1 : 02-15-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:14 AM
MFCA MEMBER

nice work steve. i see some of those platforms in there. sparty looks great! now, just put a brutus buckeye in there...
MFCA member #31
Old 02-15-2009, 04:02 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default WOW!!!

Steve,

I've always been an admirer of your work! But this is off the chain!!! Percy Snow looks like a man among boys! I just hope I don't have to run into him in the CBSMF championships!

I never knew much about State other than Bubba Smith! Is he on the team. Number 90 looks like a beast too!

I love what you've done there. Is that stadium in the background one that you did? If so, it looks as real as the real one!

You amaze me with Sparty! While you know I love Smokey (VOLS mascot), this rendition of Sparty is SUPERB! I know you can do camera men from your great imagination but this is taking things to a whole different level! When it's your work, I always have to take a look-see! Sometimes I think you're a "closet Einstein" masquerading as a lawyer!

I wish some of the coaches in the Big 10 did not have a problem on playing in snow because Michigan State should always play games in the snow. Maybe if you get to Ohio on that Thursday, the VOLS and STATE could do a little somethin' in the snow?

But I think what you put out is great and keep on doing it! You're really gettin' my juices to pumpin! It's 3:00 am and now you've got me up the rest of the night trying to figure out how to re-create some of the poses you've came up with!

I know it's trade secrets but what the H E L L did you make Sparty from! It's fr-i-i-i-ckin' me out!

GO SPARTY!

Last edited by Reginald Rutledge : 02-15-2009 at 04:06 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:26 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Steve

Great work on those spartans.Love your customs.as usual your team is awesome my friend.Can't wait for beat up on those boys though.This time it wont be my wolverines.It will be my wildcats.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:59 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Steve...thats a very special looking squad. I am flabergasted at the level that people are taking the creativity to. The Sparty mascot is amazing and that defense you got is looking tough. I love the detail of those grass platforms too.
Joe
Old 02-15-2009, 07:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Is this Awesome or What?

Found these online and had to post! Been thinking about Treks1 work all day and just gettin' a kick out it!

We even had a conference call today with 4 coaches from the CBSMF and got a big kick out of it! I definitely got to keep giving my man his props!
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2009, 08:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default great work

steve my friend,,,your work is as always great,,,its soooo good i almost want to say,,,GO GREEEEE UUUUHHHH BLUE...could not get it out
Old 02-16-2009, 03:44 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Ohy my, you did a great job

Steve, I am with the masses here and I want to say I love this team you did and that Mascot is unbelievable!!!!!!! You can tell you love that Apoxy sculp as those men look awesome!!! Please, keep it up and let me say that I am lovin your work my friend. Your passion is really shinning.
P.S. I remember this team well, and man were they hard to beat. They were very physical and we definately had to buckle our chinstraps when we played them.My neck is still paying the price. These photos are from that game and in that kickoff return photo I can still remember thinking that I hated to have to block that dang Jenkins coming at 100 mph. I was not happy in that photo. That's who I'm looking at, and that's exactly what i was thinking.True story.
Attached Images

Last edited by Franny-j-boy : 02-16-2009 at 03:47 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:23 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Steve, Steve, Steve

Canton is going to be IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love this team, and you too with the epoxy stuff......... somebody send me some of this stuff.........

Great work Steve.....

K-LO
Old 02-16-2009, 10:02 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Sparty On!

Thanks for all the responses and Reggie and Frank for the photos!

Don't you love college football!?

I grew up only a few miles away from Spartan Stadium and spent most of my life around East Lansing. Nothing like a crisp Saturday Fall morning walking or riding my bike along the Red Cedar for the big game. Frank I can only imagine what it must have been like to actually step on the field before hundreds of cheering fans....

No trade secrets here Reg, just one of your figures for the legs and torso, Bulked him up with the aforementioned Apoxie Sculpt... I cut some thin styrene plastic for his helmet shield and boot shields and paper for some of the accents. (TIP) I used some RR figure's legs for bulked up arms then glued a pair of hands on. Paint and clear coat and volla!! This was fun project and it only took about 2 days. The kids got a big kick out of it and I am looking forward to putting him on a base and having Sparty run out on to the field with the rest of the Spartans!

P.S. ... Put Apoxie Scupt in your E-Bay search (tons of the stuff), comes in different sizes..."Buy it now" option, I got some delivered for about $21.00.
Easy to use, great results, get some today!!

Last edited by Treks1 : 02-16-2009 at 10:07 AM.