Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2010, 11:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Knowledge Base of Shootout System leads...

to generating more Shootout-type tournaments.

It's great seeing that you've got the Open Run in LA, the CBSMF National Championship playoffs, a potential tourney in New York, and the Texas Cup coming to Arlington. It's taken 17 years to spread the knowledge base to the various parts of the country but now, it has grown to a point that I can go through most parts of the country, bring a team, and just start playing guys who know this style of play.

Now that I think about it, it was worth all the slings and arrows that come with the territory. When I went to New York, the BAM is adamant about the rule set. Nothing else will they even consider at this point! When I read a post from Treks1, I get hyped up because Treks1 saw the rules about 4 years ago in Virginia when him, Biglock, Raven Maniac, and Sean stayed up past midnight to watch and learn. Treks1 was a skeptic but now, he's hooked. He has a chance to win just like everyone else.

The coaches in the Big 10 are some of the most passionate players in the game but if it was not for Jim Davis and Norbert coming here, Greg Hardmon for his pushing of the rules, and Ken Allen for getting everyone on board as far as Internet TV, there's no way it would have made a dent in Michigan. All of these guys need to be commended up there! Thanks a lot!

Then there's Mozeek, Greco, Artlax, Boddie and Sparks in the ACC/Big East. All of their work was necessary. I have to throw in MantarayeDre because he is really the one who got the ball rolling on the CBSMF with his first comment some time ago.

It's great to see the guys out in LA have played under the ruleset for over 10 years, and the guys in the DFW for 16 years. I know this is not something for everyone. Some guys think that because we bring the element of the dice into it, "there's no way they will ever play". For the most part, most of the guys and leagues that I speak of here thought similar thoughts too. But, they gave it a chance, and now we've got a national ruleset for Shootout players!

It's always great to see a Greco be able to head to LA and play, or Mantaraye play in DC, or Robertson play in Michigan, or Hardmon play in Texas. No need to go over millions of rules because they already know the rules. What this does is bring guys from various parts of the country together to fellowship under one tent for the good of the game.

I've seen guys in the Big 10 call guys in the SWC for information or guys in the Mountain West call guys from the PAC10 for info. That's what this is all about. It's just something special to see that the time, energy, and work put into this has come to fruition!

Reg

Last edited by Reginald Rutledge : 07-02-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:35 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I love the shoot out rules!!!

Reggie you did good.