Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2007, 11:48 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default What defines EF

Visually, what is the one thing that if a new person, who maybe had the game as a kid, saw it would say to them "electric football" For example: a TTQB, a base, a certain figure....
Your thoughts please...

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 03-09-2007, 11:56 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Figure and Base

Either the Fab 5 RB on Rookie Base, classic profile,
OR
the TTQ.

I think the TTQ would elicit recognition more so than the figure.

Yeah, I'll go with the TTQ as my final answer.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Unfortunetly it is the TTQB. Even though I believe the TTQB was one of the main reasons I never got back into the hobby. Only untill the passing sticks came along did I want to get back in the hobby. I still think the TTQB is one of the main reasons our hobby gets a bad rap. Second would be the fab5 running back. It says electric football without a bad rap. Just my opinion!
Old 03-09-2007, 02:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default what do we really WANT to define EF?

Who are you trying to attract? If you are trying to attract the older generation who played as kids then a TTQB or fab 5 might be OK. If your trying to attract a new college age kid or someone new to the game then thats probably not good enough. I say you go "new" school with a decked out customized figure for your hallmark visual reference (put him on a base though).
Old 03-09-2007, 05:32 PM
WallyJ

Wolf,

It has to be the "patented" timer... no? But all kidding aside I think the running back figure on a base says it all. You look at the other major football tabletop game, Subbutteo. The soocer/footbal player is the icon for their game. I would stay away form the TTQB, as it does have some negative vibes around it. Just my 2cents.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Wally J is Right

I think Wally J hit it right on the head .

The TTQB has alot of negativity that goes along with it . It leads one to believe that in order to be good you must be good with this prop .

But the RB figure on a base seems to reflect what EF really is . But I would stay away from the small boards .
Old 03-09-2007, 06:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Practice-My Two Cents

It is the learning and figuring out of all the aspects of EF that makes it worthwhile. You have to get past the 'fears'. I feared decals, now I love them. I feared the TTQ, but after getting schooled and having my backside handed to me I decided to study the tool, refine the tool, watch people use the tool, work on my methods with the tool...

If somebody is going to go cold upon an image, they're likely to quit the hobby anyhow before getting past these hurdles.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I understand But !

We have to remember the reason why the game droped off . Some say this , others say that .

It will only be until we understand the why that we find the answer . Information , instructions , and playability are the keys . I remember as a child that there were no ( how to play guied ) . so I played the way I thought it should be played , only to find out that no one played the game the same way . Thus the start of the many issues we have to day .

I love this game just like the next man and even more than I can understand .

But the point is to me still clear , when I talk to people about this game , they remember it , and they point out 1: How do you pass ( I never liked that TTQB ). 2: How do you control them and get them to go were you want them to . 3: It never plays like real football .

This is what people remember about this game and we must do something to change that .

So ....................What are we doing about it ?
Old 03-09-2007, 07:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Just the visual

I think the RB figure on a TTC base would do the trick. The TTQB is another visual effect. When I talk to guys, they do ask, how do we pass. They say they threw that QB away! I never used it as a youngster, we threw with our hand. I was telling a friend of mine about the sticks, and he loved the idea!!! I have to find some sticks and give him a demo! Actually you could use both figures, but if you need 1 you could flip a coin. Both those figures say electric football on sight.

The King Nationality

(is that a word?)
Old 03-10-2007, 05:15 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default The Vish-al (as Jj On Goodtimes Would Put)

WOLF/COACHES,

If your talking yesteryear, it would be the tudor factory itself (lived accross the street from 176 johnson). The miggle fig with arms out (cb's). Also, years ago just being satisfied with a dot on the helmet, we never thought these men would look any better. Back then you did not care if your men/bases ran in circles, you were just happy being on the field !

BUT NOWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!

Just like movies dont look the same and are not filmed the same, ef football has an entirely updated fresh new look " thank godness". The evolution/revolution is upon us gentlemen. In the movie predator 2 danny glover told the new cop to his unit, what you did before was all cops and robbers and dunkin donuts, "But your in the s--- now" That's were we are right now, in the middle of the greatest visual effects electric football has ever seen. The great decals, The greatest figure poses ever seen, The greatest field covers off all time, the instructional dvd's, what else can you askk for. But the greatest visual effect is seeing all of you guy's at the events in one room just sitting back talking electric football. The saddest visual effect is seeing the guy's packing up their cars getting ready to go home, (you should see prettyboy's truck, supernice).

All the detail applied to the fig's and fields today is what made me take interest again, you cant help but feel like a coach and or player on nfl sunday. Right this vey second if their is one figure that comes to mind that totally say's electric football, it's reg rutledge custom pose of DEON SANDERS in his ravens uniform playing a wide receiver, if reg reads this and can post that pick "THAT SAY'S IT ALL"

aLSO, whoever thought of the passing sticks is a genious, it's pretty cool to place the magnetic ball in front of the receiver and the receiver has to make contact (I saw so many misses AT BUZZ-FEST, so it is not easy by any stretch of the imagination). I feel the ttqb is outdated, if that passing method is still liked i thought their would be a more updated figure out by now that can pass that way. Imagine a ff.com qb fig (plastic very durable) that you can pull back and make a pass with zip on the ball !

reg, if you read this put up that "NEON DEON " BALTIMORE RAVENS FIG

BROADWAY-DRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 03-10-2007 at 05:26 AM.