Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > Shootout Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2008, 11:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Shootout system is a test of endurance also.

I have played all styles accept 1, all the styles I played you have time to go over things a couple plays ahead, things are abit more relaxed, ...............in the the shootout system, I realized VERY quick you have no time to do anything but play the game and MAKE ADJUSTMENTS as you go, .............after playing 3 games in arow, I decided to lay down for about 30 minutes and then get back up and continue with another game, WELL, when I woke up it was the next day, (smile), the mental part of this style is what gets you tired, (BUT IT'S VERY ADDICTING), you have to think QUICK threw the whole game, theres no time to look for cats on the side, theres no time to think of a play you want to run, theres no time to take your time in setting up, YOU HAVE GOT TO KNOW YOUR PLAYERS, it's all fast pace and moving, even the darn separation of players after a play is timed, (smile), make sure your in shape and have a towel if your playing in Dallas, LOL,...........I'am hooked and will bring some of the shootout rules to our league here for the coaches to vote on.

Norbert Revels
Old 12-02-2008, 11:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I agree, very taxing on the body and mind. Keep your sweat towel handy!

The funnest form of MF I have ever played.

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default That is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert Revels View Post
I have played all styles accept 1, all the styles I played you have time to go over things a couple plays ahead, things are abit more relaxed, ...............in the the shootout system, I realized VERY quick you have no time to do anything but play the game and MAKE ADJUSTMENTS as you go, .............after playing 3 games in arow, I decided to lay down for about 30 minutes and then get back up and continue with another game, WELL, when I woke up it was the next day, (smile), the mental part of this style is what gets you tired, (BUT IT'S VERY ADDICTING), you have to think QUICK threw the whole game, theres no time to look for cats on the side, theres no time to think of a play you want to run, theres no time to take your time in setting up, YOU HAVE GOT TO KNOW YOUR PLAYERS, it's all fast pace and moving, even the darn separation of players after a play is timed, (smile), make sure your in shape and have a towel if your playing in Dallas, LOL,...........I'am hooked and will bring some of the shootout rules to our league here for the coaches to vote on.

Norbert Revels
And this is what has me hooked as well - love the real game type pace!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:57 PM
WallyJ

Norbert,

I couldn't agree with you more. This rule set puts the pressure on you as the coach. Running these rules this year in the BAM has been very rewarding. If you look at our scores all the games were close and every coach had an opportunity to win going into the final minutes of the game. Reg told me for years about how closely these rules help make the game more realistic... well he was right!

Wally
Old 12-10-2008, 01:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Post Norb to have to battle 3 wars in 1 day starting at 10 and ending at 10

your mind feels like it will explode...thank God The toy Wiz had to close that night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert Revels View Post

Norbert Revels
Old 12-10-2008, 02:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Coach Karim

All I can say to that is Amen!!!
Old 12-10-2008, 06:35 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlax View Post
All I can say to that is Amen!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Also

Here's another tip....... be sure to use the bathroom before the game starts. You'll wish you did if you didn't and you'll find yourself running the ball just to get to halftime!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:41 PM
WallyJ

We will be offering colostomy bags next season. They will have the BAM logo on them!