Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2006, 10:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default On December 4th, 1971, I became a ...

Cowboys fan for life. That day, I was eight years old living in South Carolina and I was watching the Cowboys vs. Jets on TV. The Cowboys won 52-10 and I remember starting to pull for the Cowboys during the game. As fate would have it, my dad came in from work later that day and said that we would be moving to Dallas! We moved to Dallas a week later and the Cowboys won the Super Bowl that year and the rest is history. Go Cowboys.

beenutt
Old 11-10-2006, 01:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

On Christmas day 1971 I became a Chiefs Fan except that the Chiefs lost that day against the Dolphins in the longest game ever! I was 11 and I couldn't get over Ed Podolaks effort that day!!

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 11-10-2006, 01:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I remember

Weirdwolf,

I remember that Chiefs game like it was yesterday. My memory is strange - I can remember games back from the early 70's better than I can remember games from last year.

beenutt
Old 11-10-2006, 02:24 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default January 20, 1980

As a 6-year-old, I decided I couldn't possibly support the same football team my dad did, the Los Angeles Rams, so on the morning of Super Bowl XIV, I bet him a dollar the Steelers would win - basically because I thought they looked awesome in black.

Then came a back-and-forth game that is one of the most underrated Super Bowls of all time, and a 31-19 Steeler win, and I've been a fan ever since.

Sitting now watching ESPN Classic - they have an old Auburn-Georgia game on and Hines Ward is quarterback for the Bulldogs.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Coop

I remember that game Roo. Specifically Lynn Swann making an amazing catch (am I thinking of the right game?). That might have caused me to become a fan too, if not for the fact that my Dad had already indoctrined me with a love for the Packers by that time.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I became a Stiller fan......

waaaaaayyy back in 1975 when I watched my first game Superbowl IX and it was on a big screen tv. If you can imagine a 9 year old looking @ Joe Greene and LC Greenwood bringing the pimp hand down on the vikes.....ahhh it was enough to make your eyes water. From that day on Stiller fan for life!
Old 11-11-2006, 08:11 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default "Hey Kid, Catch!"

The commercial aired in 79, I was 4 going on 5. The Steelers were Super-Heroes, the Black & Gold was easily identified like the Blue & Red of Spider-Man's costume. I remember images of Joe Greene, and Lambert: larger than life!
Old 11-11-2006, 09:43 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I became a...

I became a big Cowboys fan after seeing them beat the Vikings on the "Hail Mary" pass. Then they went on to crush the Rams in the NFC Championship and go to the Super Bowl as a wildcard. They lost a tough game to the Steelers 21-17. That was the first Super Bowl I remember watching. I thought that I would be a Cowboys fan for life but I did not like the way they got rid of Tom Landry and I no longer considered myself a Cowboys fan. The very first NFL game I saw in person was in 1984 at Texas Stadium where the Cowboys beat the Colts.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:18 AM
OldSchool

Thumbs up Come back Shane... umm I mean Frank, come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
I became a big Cowboys fan after seeing them beat the Vikings on the "Hail Mary" pass. Then they went on to crush the Rams in the NFC Championship and go to the Super Bowl as a wildcard. They lost a tough game to the Steelers 21-17. That was the first Super Bowl I remember watching. I thought that I would be a Cowboys fan for life but I did not like the way they got rid of Tom Landry and I no longer considered myself a Cowboys fan. The very first NFL game I saw in person was in 1984 at Texas Stadium where the Cowboys beat the Colts.
Frank,

All this time we've known each other, I never knew (deep down) you were a Cowboys fan. It's time to forgive and forget, and come back to Da Boyz. Use the FORCE Frank... Step away from the darkside and come back to the light. You know you want to, and I know you want to. Why root for some other run-of-the-mill team, when you can be a loyal fan of AMERICA'S TEAM.

Just like mom's hot apple-pie and a glass of milk... it just doesn't get any better!!! :p

-Don
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2006, 06:03 PM
JIMBO

Default Didn't You Read The Brett Favre Joke?

There's Only One America's Team since '85 And That's Da Bears!!!

Last edited by JIMBO : 11-12-2006 at 06:30 PM.