Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2008, 08:14 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Man Is His Worst Enemy, And Will Alway's Be!!!!!

In regards to my post 'entitled' why DCsmith has been more vocal, i was asked to elaborate on dc's postings. I did it because i was begining to feel DC was being viewed in an unflattering light. DC is not that kind of person at all. " LOOK AT THE BACKLASH" !!!!

I've been hearing through the grapevine that some are turned off by my HYPE POSTINGS. All i have been doing was bring a level of excitement to the hobby. Noone is doing anything to hype the hobby outside of reg rutledge.

LET ME ASK YOU ALL A QUESTION, I HYPE MIKE ROBERTSON, VINCE PEATRO'S, DC SMITH ETC. " ARE YOU UPSET THAT IM HYPING THE INDIVIDUAL, THE HOT EVENT AT THE TIME, OR THE HOBBY AS A WHOLE ?

MAN IS HIS OWN WORST ENEMY TAKING SOMETHING THAT IS FUN AND TURNING IT INTO A PROBLEM. YOU CAN GIVE A MAN $100 AND HE WILL BE MAD YOU DIDNT GIVE HIM $20 EXTRA DOLLARS TO TAKE A CAB HOME.

IF YOU DONT NEED HYPE, WHY IS THERE A TV COMMERCIAL ABOUT AN UPCOMING SHOW ON 50MILLION TIMES A DAY.
WHY ARE THERE MOVIE POSTERS/TRAILERS LETTING THE WORLD KNOW ABOUT AN UPCOMING MOVIE

WHY DOES MCDONALD'S HAVE ADVERTISMENTS ABOUT THERE $1 MENU OR SOMETHING NEW THEY DID TO THERE BIG MAC.

I have come to realize no matter what you do in life there are those who are going to complain.

THIS COMMUNITY WILL NEVER GET ALONG, IT HAS MOVED IN A GREAT DIRECTION DUE TO WEIRDWOLF. BUT WILL NEVER GET ALONG.

FELLOWSHIP SHOULD BE HERE ON THIS CHATBOARD CONSTANTLY UNTIL WE CAN SEE ONE ANOTHER IN PERSON. WITH THE WHISPERING BEHING CLOSED DOORS, I WONDER HOW MUCH OF THE FELLOWSHIPPING IS SINCERE.

so, for all of those who feel/felt my hyping up anything has become bothersome, it was all in fun, extreme fun.

WEIRDWOLF, PER OUR PHONE CONVERSTION DURING THE "BAM" LOGO EXCHANGE, I WILL HELP HYPE UP THE MFCA CONVENTION ( THE SECTION YOU ASKED ME TOO) !!!!!!!!

WALLY AND MOZEEK, I WILL SEE ON THE STREETS OF MANHATTAN !!!!!!!!!!

MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 03-31-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ......

Hype the event as a whole and make all feel welcomed and invited to play - The Fellowship.
And then, by all means, mention the great matchups that you want see take place, and perhaps, there wont be many "whispers".
just my 2cents, for whatever its worth.

SCOTT
Old 03-31-2008, 10:58 PM
MFCA MEMBER

OK Dre'...

I'll give you an answer...
First off.. I met you at the TSO.. You're a hell of a nice guy.. I like you man..

It isn't the hype.... It isn't "who" your're hyping.. And it's ok to give people props..

But some of it is just.. over the top.. (that's as nice as I can put it)
And the MLK reference?.. :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with being pumped up about EF..
It's a good thing..

This isn't an attack on you.. just an answer to your question..
Keep hyping.. to a point..

Take Care Dre'
Old 03-31-2008, 11:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default One Last Word On The Sit"chee"ation

It's never been about hyping just great coaches. The main reason for hyping the brawl and any upcoming event is to get (BUTTS) in the seats. same as trying to sell out a concert. I HAVE

1) CALLED COACHES LONG DISTANCE ASKING THEM ARE THEY COMING TO THE EVENT RUNNNG UP MY PHONE BILL.
2)POSTED SEVERAL TIMES ADVERTISING THE EVENT AS A WHOLE ! " DO YOU REMEMBER THE SEAWALL BRAWL LEGENDS BALL POST SAYING IT WILL BE THE GREATEST. DO YOU REMEMBER ME PRAISING THE FOOD AND HOTEL AND HOW I HAD A GREAT TIME"
3) THE HYPE I POSTED FOR THE EVENT WERE PULLED DOWN FROM THE CHAT TO BE POSTED LATER CLOSER TO THE EVENT.
4) IM AT A CURRENT EVENT ASKING COACHES ARE THEY COMING TO THE NEXT EVENT, WHY, JUST TO SEE THEM AGAIN.
5) I HAVE CALLED THE HOTEL SEVERAL TIMES ASKING THE STATUS OF THE ROOMS AVAILABLE, DOES ANYONE REMEMBER ME ASKING COACHES TO GET THERE ROOMS EARLY BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE TO PAY UNTIL LATER ?

I ALWAY'S HAVE DONE WHAT I CAN TO HELP OUT EVERYONE IN REGARD TO PRODUCT OR WHATEVER AND SOMETIMES IT DONT SEEM APPRECIATED.

BEFORE ANYONE THINKS IM HYPING JUST GREAT COACHES AND NOT AN ENTIRE EVENT, PLEASE CHECK SOME PREVIOUS THREADS.

IF YOU DID NOT THINK THE "TIC TOC TIC TOC DC SMITH IS ON THE CLOCK POST" WAS ALL IN FUN, THEN MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL JUST WATCH SEINFELD RERUNS. AS I REMEMBER I MENTIONED EVERY COACH DC MAY HAVE TO SEE THAT I COULD THINK OF AT THE TIME. " TO KEEP YOUR TITLE IN YOUR SMITTY, I MEAN CITY " GO BACK AND COUNT HOW MANY COACHES WERE MENTIONED THEN. SOMETIMES PEOPLE HEAR AND SEE ONLY WHAT THEY WANT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FROM NOW ON IM JUST GOING TO POST HOW I TWEEKED A BASE AND IT RAN ALL THE WAY DOWN FIELD " WEEEEEEEEEEEEE' TOUCHDOWN YEAHHHH

MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 03-31-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Coach

Default Dre

KEEP HYPING THE GAME YOUNG MAN. CONSIDER THE SOURCE. WHEN YOU HYPE THE TOP PLAYERS IN THE GAME, IT WILL BE SCRUTINIZED BY THE LESSER PLAYERS AS YOU CAN SEE, THEY ARE JEALOUS AND RESENTFUL BECAUSE THERE NAME IS NOT IN LIGHTS OR ON THE MARQUE PLAIN AND SIMPLE. THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH THIS HOBBY, PURE UNADULTERATED ENVY. SO HYPE ON YOUNG MAN, LET KNOW INDIVIDUAL STEAL YOUR THUNDER!!!!!!

VINCENT PEATROS
Old 04-01-2008, 06:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Let me first say that this is not intended to be a "slam" on Dre, I just thought it would be an interesting thing to think about.

Ok, when I think of hype, one person comes to mind; Don King. So the question I would pose is...... Was/Is Don King's methods good for boxing? Maybe there is a difference between hype and promotion?

My personal feeling is that if it ain't hurting anybody, go for it, but not everybody is gonna like it.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Why didn't you hype me, Dre.., Just kidding. Keep posting Dre, I find your post entertaining, those that don't like it, well you can't please everyone, so keep doing what you do Dre, and remember your can't always please everyone!!!! Oh and those that find it offensive, please lighten up. Have a good day..
Old 04-01-2008, 11:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

:rolleyes:

Well I see this has morphed into yet another thread.. more drama..

Didn't mean to upset anyone... but.. I saw a question that was asked.. So I answered.. As delicately and honestly as I could.. The answer was free of any envy or any agenda.. Apparently the biggest difference between me and most of my fellow MFer's (that term still cracks me up).. Is that they're smart enough to not answer.

I subscribe to the thought.. "Don't ask what you don't want to know" Cuz you're not always gonna get sunshine blown up your rear end.

I also told ya keep hyping Dre' I hope your passion will rub off on others and we can continue to bring more coaches to this hobby.. . We all know there are thousands of guys out there who .. just don't know EF still exists. And if they did.. they'd be here..

Take Care All
Old 04-01-2008, 11:32 PM
JIMBO

Default Do You!

Keep doing what you do best, Dre. All I "meant" was that there are other horses in the race. Peace.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:56 PM
DOOMSDAY78

Default O-schemer And Kansas City Bill

I UNDERSTAND AND TOTALLY AGREE WITH WHAT YOU GUYS SAID. AND VIKES, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT ANYBODY IS JEALOUS OF THE COACHES DRE LOVES AND A ADORES SO MUCH. I JUST THINK TIMING AND MEASUREMENT IS EVERYTHING. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH PROMOTING A EVENT, BUT TOO MUCH STARTS TO SMELL LIKE DESPERATION, AND THAT'S A TURN OFF. I BELIEVE THAT GREAT PRODUCTS AND EVENTS USUALLY SELL THEMSELVES. AND I THINK HYPING AND PROMOTING WORKS ALOT BETTER WHEN IT'S REQUESTED, AND IF THAT HAS BEEN THE CASE, THEN FINE, JOB WELL DONE!!!BUT I DON'T THINK IT'S NECCESSARY TO IDOLIZE AND WORSHIP A COACH, JUST TO LET PEOPLE KNOW THEY'LL BE SOMEWHERE. I'M NOT TRYING TO KNOCK OR DISRESPECT, I'M JUST BEING HONEST ABOUT THE WAY YOUR HYPING AND PROMOTING COMES OFF ALOT OF TIMES. IN CLOSING JUST KEEP IN MIND BRO.DRE GREAT OR LEGENDARY COACHES REPUTATIONS ALWAYS PROCEDES THEM. SO DON'T STOP DOING WHAT YOU WERE CALLED TO DO, STAY ENCOURAGED AND GOD BLESS YOU AND THE BAM SINCERELY. PEACE

Last edited by DOOMSDAY78 : 04-02-2008 at 09:56 AM. Reason: forgot a detail