Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2010, 04:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default new customs on the bench

Hi,

These days, I'm working on diferent side projects, to consolidate or complete my current teams.

Since I started in this hobby, I made the choice of never make twice times the same athlete. I prefer to use the depth charts options, to keep it "realistic".

The custom poses are rough work for now, I need to work on these tommorow. You can also notice than now I'll use almost only hybrid custom poses. I decided to take the best of each brand, and make my own soup.

ff.net figs stills (in my opinion) the best for chest, arms (especially if you do the fake painted hand glove trick) and heads (especially if you sculpt the faces with xacto). I like the fact it saves me a lot of time to detail (I need to sculpt less things than on some other figures).

For legs, I prefer the tight look of miggle and buzzball ones. Add a little pinch of green stuff, a little bit of painted effects, and you can make really creative and good looking figs the easy and cheap way.

In the future, I'll believe I'll go for 80% of the time hybrids, and keep some "one brand projects" for several things :

the ff.net linemen are a great base for powerfull athletes

buzzball WRs are very balanced and seems "flying" ( ) and the OLs are great for stance RBs

Haiti repro or proline has potential if you use the good tools too

All that to say that my teams will become more heterogeneous in the future, speaking of base figures choice.

So, back to the subject :

In the order, of the pics, you can see Niners QB#2 (D.Carr) (pic 1 and 2 right side), Steelers #1 right DE (N.Eason) (pic 1 and 2, left side), Steelers #1 free safety (R.Clark), Steelers #1 right LB (J.Harrison).

Next pics soon. I'm also working on several things, but I decided to focus on my two first teams; steelers and niners, to make them like I was preparing them for a tournament or league, and not only for demo or -worst- for showcase only.

I will also go boack on my tweaking learning and working, as soon as my board will be fixed and I'll buy and receive my new bases.

Concerning bases, I believe I'll focus on Buzzball only. I don't need first run whatever or that or this. Just need good, eficient, reliable and easy to tweak products.

If I can, in the future, I'll try to find also some proline rookie strong (square and round), perhaps for trading even if I had no success (euphemism) for now in "business"
Attached Images