Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > Dixie League Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2009, 01:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Dixie League Rules 2009

Attached is the latest revision of the Dixie League Rules for 2009. If you have any questions, please email me at:

mail@beenutt.com

Thanks,

beenutt
Attached Images
File Type: pdf dixie-efl-rules2009.pdf (56.8 KB, 152 views)
Old 03-02-2009, 03:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Bryan,
Are we not changing the time for passing? Or using a cumulative time for stoppages, making adjustments and passing all included? Thanks
Joel
Old 03-02-2009, 03:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default time limits for passing

Yes, we will be using a cumulative time for passing which will be explained to everyone at the beginning of the event.

beenutt
Old 04-13-2009, 09:25 PM
MFCA MEMBER

If the ball carrier runs into the back of a defensive player's base, is that considered a tackle?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:58 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince148 View Post
If the ball carrier runs into the back of a defensive player's base, is that considered a tackle?
Yes.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

How do options work? I have my QB set to go around end with a trailing back and another RB going into the line. There is the first stop where adjustments are made. Is there another stop if I want to pitch to the trailing back?
Old 04-14-2009, 12:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I believe that you could stop the Board before the QB crosses the LOS, then "pass" to the trailing back either with a TTQB or a stick. Defense can adjust. Bryan may want to clarify.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:32 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Clarification

It appears from the rules a coach needs to call pass or run after the "snap" simulation. At that point the QB, if PASS is called can only PASS or keep but NOT pitch even if ALL pitch criteria are met and conversely for a RUN call. As stated if you call PASS and want to get the ball to an RB behind your QB you throw it or use the sticks, however, if missed, wouldn't that be a free ball which would mandate a recovery?

Again, per what I interrupt from the rules, the same goes for calling a RUN after the "snap"...only the QB can keep or pitch to an RB, once gain if ALL pitch criteria is met.

I will say I am confused and could use a definitive answer as I have heard you DO NOT need to call pass or run after the snap and can, as an example, just say QB, has the ball after snap, then do the 1 stop, and decide to pass or pitch within pitching criteria, of course prior to crossing LOS, going past 20 yds behind LOS, etc.

More ???...how many cover corners are allowed? Can we have extra bases, if they are "checked in"? I heard "lead tape" may be allowed??

Either way I still suc...knowing the rules upfront will just help some of the newer players practice correctly, play a bit faster and speaking of myself, hopefully leave with a bit of confidence left

Bryan, Joel???

Thanks in advance, and looking forward,

Joe Ram

Last edited by Joeram57 : 04-14-2009 at 06:50 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-14-2009, 06:50 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Joe,
YOU DO NOT have to call run or pass before the play develops. Just state which number player has the ball. If its the QB then he can after another stop elect to pass, pitch, or pass depending on the scenario and how his team is in play.
Just remember if a player is in front of the QB he can not pitch it is a pass and the defense gets to make adjustments. If to the side and behind the QB and within 2 base lengths or the equivilent to a red passing stick he can pitch. If he is beyond that measurement and behind the QB he can not pitch or pass to that player. So no lateral behind the QB.
As far as extra bases. I do not think they are allowed ? Bryan please clarify this . and if so how many more and the weight of them would depend on which player you were putting them on.
Lead tape Ive not heard that we could use it , I would say if so that it could only be used under the base and not in between the player and base to give it a jacked up look.
Joel
Old 04-14-2009, 08:34 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default rules

You do not have to call run or pass at the beginning of the play. At the beginning of the play, you run the board for about 1 sec to simulate the snap. At that point, all adjustments are made. Then the offensive coach runs the board. The offensive coach states the ball carrier: either the QB or a straight handoff to one of the RB's. If it is a straight handoff, the defensive coach runs the board. If it is a QB, then the offensive coach runs the switch and can stop the board one time. Once he stops the board, he must decide what to do with the ball. He will announce a pass and a receiver, or he will decide to pitch the ball or he will decide to keep the ball. If the QB wants to pitch the ball, he RB must be within two base lengths and must be behind the QB and the QB must be behind the LOS. If the QB is across the LOS, he must keep the ball and the switch is given to the defensive coach. If the RB is more than two base lengths away from the QB and is behind the QB, you cannot pitch or throw to him. If a legal pitch is made, no one can adjust bases.

No extra bases are allowed. You cannot switch bases on your players.

You can use lead tape as long as it doesn't jack up the figures.

beenutt