Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2008, 09:53 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Knowing the rules, the Emeritus way

As a friend of Joe Greco ( now known as Emeritus ) I have been well versed on the need to know the rules when we play. I have come to see it as one of our common grounds for fair play and sportsmanship. It is very sad when you play someone with years of experience to find they don't actually know the rules. Not everyone is graced with friends like Emeritus who make you read.
Now that has gone to another level as it is rumored that none other then Joe Greco Emeritus has been contacted by the Philadelphia Eagles to give a seminar on rules and the NEED to know thier profession. This is why Emeritus will be a difference in the remainder of their season if they hire him.

Eagles notebook: NFL overtime rules a mystery to McNabb

The current overtime rule has been in place since 1974, but at least several players were unaware of it. Defensive end Trent Cole , quarterback Donovan McNabb and running back Brian Westbrook were among the Eagles who thought that the game would continue after the 15-minute overtime period.

McNabb, who is in his 10th season, didn't know the game would be end in a tie until he was told to try a Hail Mary pass on the final play.

"When the game was called, I kind of figured there's ties in the NFL," McNabb said. "I seriously didn't know. I never even knew it was in the rulebook."

Cole, who was playing in front of his hometown fans and family members, went looking for his helmet near the bench so that he would be ready to go back out there in case the Eagles lost the coin toss for a second overtime session.

"I don't believe in ties," Cole said. "I'm used to playing football until the end, until someone scores. That should decide the game." :o

Evidently, those players weren't listening when referee Tony Corrente explained the rules of overtime to the teams before the coin toss.

They also did not know that overtime rule only applies during the regular season.

"I never knew in the professional ranks it would end that way,"
McNabb said. "I would hate to see what would happen in the Super Bowl and in the playoffs."

E-mail David Weinberg:

DWeinberg@pressofac.com

NOW HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU MAKE ? WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU TOLD YOUR BOSS THAT YOU WERE PLAYING FOR AN ADDITIONAL OVERTIME ON YOUR JOB WHEN THE REST OF THE WORLD KNEW THERE WAS NONE ?
WOULD YOU GET THE HUGE CHECK THAT THE EAGLES PLAYERS WILL GET THIS WEEK ? OR WOULD YOU GET TOLD THAT MAYBE YOU NEED TO GET A JOB THAT YOU LOVE ENOUGH TO KNOW THE RULES.
HAVE ANY OF YOU PLAYED A GAME ON THE VIBRATING FIELD WHERE YOU ENDED IN A TIE BUT DID NOT KNOW IT WOULD END IN A TIE ?

SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM TO KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT AND HAVE A BOWL OF THAT CHUNKY SOUP.

RS
Old 11-17-2008, 10:04 AM
JIMBO

Default Amazing

It's simply amazing how much WE continue to pay for braun! I bet Newton didn't wait under the tree for another apple to hit him in the head before he hypothesized his gravity theory!?! These guys are clueless and should just be cryogenically frozen after every game so they don't say or do stupid things and thawed out 3 hours before gametime. Meanwhile, someone should plug an electronic subliminal Encyclopedia into their brains and let them actually learn what they went to college for!