Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2010, 03:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default My thoughts on Miggle and US....

This Miggle convention has been a great thing for this hobby and is a top of the line affair. What i appreciate so much on this weekend is the hotel, service at the hotel, FREE dinner on friday night, happy hour each day, shopping for EF products, a new line or color of bases each year, a FREE tournament to play in, the gathering of MFCA members and MANY others who are not MFCA members, the friendliness of all, including the OWNERS of the Miggle toy company, etc., etc., and forever more etc.

So my question to the MFCA is....... Why do we not attend this affair numbers strong? Each year i have been, 4 straight or so, it has been the same faces with just a few new ones. SO MANY MFCA members and other guys who play in local leagues, so why not a bigger turnout at the Miggle Convention ny choice.

I understand family and finances and time from the job. I am pointing more towards cats who straight DECIDE not to go.

I really dont want an answer, not looking for one. I am certainly not mad or hating on anyone who does not attend. I perhaps put the post in a negative light, but thats only due to lack of better preparation for such a post and me keeping track of my fantasy team at the same time today.

But meeting new coaches i think is the way to really bring people back to the hobby.

I remember my first convention, hanging with the Great Lakes coaches the whole weekend along with Broncoman and Cleon. That hooked me hard back in the hobby and i am here to stay.

Don Lang visited the Detroit convention but HAD NO IDEA what was going on upstairs in the rooms above. However, his attendance led to the next years attendance and he is hooked and back and a major contributor to our association.

Joe Ram attended his first convention last year and is hooked as well, even knocking off one of the big dawgs last year and establishing himself as a coach to be reckoned with.

Got the pleasuer to meet Dallcow4life- Marlon, and the Joxinthabox crew from Atlanta. That was huge for me as he is major guy in our hobby as well.

I can go on and on and on with Frank Jacobs, John Martin, Dewayne Jennings and the great Geno with SO MANY, MANY more. But none of these meetings, hangout sessions, tips and education sessions, would have been possible without this Miggle sponsored weekend.

I wont go so far as to say we OWE Miggle anything, but they do play a huge part in our origin as an association, the main supplier of bases, a steady supply of figures and the sponsorship of this great weekend of fellowship, learning, greetings, hangin out, fun and game play.

I just wish more of us would turn out to the convention and show support to Miggle, just as much as we show support to eachother.

It would be cool to meet, see and talk with more of you guys.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Miggle Event

Hoop,

The Miggle event is the best social event in the hobby in my opinion. I've been to a few in the last ten years and I will be there this year (next year)....FINALLY!! I haven't made it to others because of finances. I used to go and sell enough stuff to pay for my trip but in the last 4-5 years that is not the case anymore. I think a lot of it is location. When it's in the far east it is more populated because of the people out this way that play. We have large pockets of players here in the east. The west guys deserve much recognition because they fly every year to where ever it is. I always applaud them for that. I honestly think if everyone could get there for a reasonable cost and they could do fairly cheap they would. Everyone that goes to Miggle has fun. It's a great time and great way to meet everyone you type to all year long. It also helps to know who to stay away from! I've lost more friends once they finally met me in person.

RAIDERMAN
Old 12-07-2010, 08:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Yeah

Location is everything.

If the Miggle event was held on the east coast or south (but not too deep ), you would have so many coming out of the woodworks.

I think I understand why they tend to have it closer to home. Wish the economy, business and health were not an issue.

The Miggle tourney is the best darn tourney, hands down.

The Miggle Tourney is the first one I ever attended (just to spectate) in 1996. Because of that and it's connection with Tudor, I feel a certain level of loyalty to this tourney than any other. No matter how certain other individuals feel, the Miggle tourney IS what's good for the hobby.

Much Respect.

-Adrian-
Old 12-07-2010, 08:14 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I'm very much hoping to get back to Miggle this time. I've been to three (DC, Baltimore, Canton). The Canton one was off the hook. The DC one, I had only been in the hobby for like a couple weeks, so it was all new to me at that point. Baltimore was more of a stop and say hello to folks, I really didn't attend much, even if it was only 15 minutes from where I live.

Would love to get to Columbus, and would love to get to an MFCA convention, which I've never been to. Just depends on finances. If it's there, I go. If it's not, I don't. That's life, unfortunately.

Ed