Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2008, 08:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Last edited by GreenBayGlenn : 11-11-2008 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Coach

hey, check out if you have iTunes, and you can download games, highlights, etc. if you type in NFL and look around at the video. I think they are like 1.99 or something for the games. Sometimes I do that with eagle games that aren't televised in my region.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Not To Be Ignored

Glenn,

I thought someone else would have answered you by now. Since no one did, I guess I will. Your request can bring problems. Selling copies of another television program is prohibited. The NFL clearly states that. I am sure that the NCAA and ESPN do the same.

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Old 11-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBayGlenn View Post
Electric Coach. That is not what the rule is. The NFL prohibits the rebroadcast of a game withouth the expressed written consent. You also cannot go into a business for profit selling NFL stuff without a license. However a simple recording of a game off your television for personal use is not a violation of this rule.
no man, electric coach is correct on this. its basic copyright laws. the nfl owns the media rights to the video and it is illegal to reproduce the video in any form without consent from the nfl.

Last edited by eagskerfan : 11-09-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:54 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default A Deeper Look At Broadcast

One must look at the word “broadcast”. It is easy for one to think of broadcast in the sense of communications. If a television network says broadcast, we are led to believe they are talking about sending a television signal to be viewed by others. They are. When we look deeper into the meaning of broadcast, it also means to distribute anything such as a signal, DVD, videotape, papers hand-to-hand, and word of mouth what have you to a wide audience.

Glenn, I say all of that to say, that if someone were to record a game or any television program and give or sell it to someone else, that is a form of broadcasting. This form of broadcasting can be used against you in court. The nail in the coffin would be if it could be proven that money was exchanged for the video.

Maurice

The Electric Coach