Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 01:30 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default " FOOTBALL FOR DUMMIES "

M.P.F.L COACHES,

I was browsing the book store on sunday when i stumbled into the sports section. I noticed the book "FOOTBALL FOR DUMMIES ". I passed it several times thinking it was going to be one of those books geard towards a girlfriend or so who knew absolutlely nothing about football. You know, this is a ball, this is it's color (which is in there). Right before i left i said let me just see what they are saying in the book. To my suprise, it is one of the best football books i've ever read/seen. THE BOOK GOES OVER EVERYTHING FROM A TO Z.

It covers every aspect in the game of football. It has a million illustrations on why this and that is done. It covers the players positions and what should be done at that position in extreme detail.. It covers all formations on offense and defense. Why teams run a 3-4 defense as opposed to a 4-3 defense. The book breaks down every penalty in detail so you fully understand it. The kickoff section is incredible. I could go on and on but i would be here all night.

It never hurts to learn more, learn something new, or brush up on what you already have learned. This book will blow your mind if you really want to know about how to play the game. I recomend each and every M.P.F.L coach buy this book and study it front to back. If your not sure about a neutral zone infraction, they will tell you all about it . WHEN READING THIS BOOK, THE M.P.F.L SYSTEMS PLAYS EXACTLY WHAT IS ILLUSTRATED IN THIS BOOK.

Ant is big on setting up the offense and defense CORRECTLY !! . In 2010, penalties you never imagined are going to be called. You ever see the ( What are you talking about ref) look on a coaches face in the NFL. That will be coming your way if your not carefully watching yourself. In the NFL, the coach can yell at the player. In the M.P.F.L,, you can only yell at yourself for not knowing the CORRECT SET UP.

Ant wants this to run like a real NFL GAME so he does not want to stop and answer questions regarding the game itself. He expects you to know all aspects of the game upon entering the league. THIS RECOMMENDATION IS STRICTLY FOR COACHES WHO WANT TO PLAY IN THE M.P.F.L. A good school of thought would be to read this book. Buy the dvd and study the system. Pratice pratice practice what you have learned from both the book and dvd.
**THIS BOOK WILL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING COMMISSIONER ANTHONY BURGESS HAS ALWAYS BEEN TALKING ABOUT.

***MY BRONCOS FRANCHISE ARE PAID IN FULL FOR THE 2010 SEASON
WHO ELSE WANTS TO JUMP IN HERE AND GET THERE CLEETS DIRTY ?

I wish coaches would explain why they feel it is alot to know in order to play in this system. Once your in the flow of the game i think it will become second nature like anything else. (riding a bike, driving a car, operating a computer, etc etc). "FOOTBALL FOR DUMMIES ", a great source for the M.P.F.L COACH.

THANX
MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 06-02-2009 at 02:04 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:15 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Dre

Anthony is absolutely correct in expecting a Coach to know the rules before they come and join the M.P.F.L. or any league for that matter........
Also I know of a Middle School coach up here where I live, that carried that book around with him like it was the Bible......
He had never coached football before......so he went out and purchased the book and it helped him learn the fundementals.......Great Post.......Good Luck to you guys....and Hope to see ya in June.......

Peace
Old 06-02-2009, 10:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

What happens is that every person that knows of or plays in this system really don't truly understand the systems pontential.

There focus is on the base and player and then on what they like to do, ttqb passing or getting the ball to there best player. This is where they stumble, this is where they can't find the key to winning, they tend to stop at this point and this is where there football know how ends.

What is needed is a deeper understanding of the game that this system teaches if you're willing to learn it and not change the system to fit you're level of understanding.

You have to think, and there is no way of getting around it. The games I have played and officiated I see the same mistakes made over and over again. Same formation run, no running game, trying to get the ball to there best player, not reading the the field, and the most important part is not thinking as that player that they are adjusting.

They also fail in using the DVD as I have instructing them, think of it like a player studying his playbook. If a player doesn't know his playbook then he can't play as a starter. This is what they do, there pride keeps them from doing this.

Trust me when I tell you, study the DVD like a player would do his playbook. If in the running game area, study it for 2 weeks, and do the same for each area of the DVD. Then run 12 run plays, then 12 pass plays, then play you're self in a game setting using every thing, game clock, play clock, " a mock game ". See the mistakes you made and correct them, you will learn on bothe offense and defense, a 2 fold benefit.