Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2007, 12:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Game Film Preparation

In regards to the DFW League, the rules are created in such a manner that on any given day, a good team can lose. In a league that has 28-32 highly competitive coaches and things like injuries and scouting of players is utmost importance, over the years I have cataloged nearly every coach in the league in a database.

This database is used to help me prepare to play coaches, to study their tendencies, and understand who their star players are. Everything from knowing their passing percentage in clutch situations to knowing who their strongest players are has been carefully analyzed in this league.

Coaches exchange information in the DFW regarding this type of information. I exchange this information with coaches who play under my offensive and defensive system such as Michael Robertson. Even in the DFW, there are allies and enemies. Many guys definitely do not share information with neither of us.

So my question to you is "How do you prepare for a game within your league?" Do you go in knowing you are going to win or do you even spend any time doing anything? This is what makes the DFW so much fun is game preparation and in game "Peanut Galleries" giving both coaches the business. Guys who came here for the TSO saw the bafoonery of guys getting together and having a good time. Even guys like "Mr. National" and Kevin Boddie got in on the Tomfoolery as well. What do you guys do out there in MF land?

Reg
Old 09-16-2007, 09:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Good Question

Reg with this being my second year playing MF I started to think about those things. I do now go in with a general plan, but allowing for changes during the game. So I'll take the coach that gave me the most problems and set up his Off or Def and practice against it. Then when I see it I'll try to beat it. So like our first league weekend I noticed Adrian scouting my game so I started to do the same with his game and my next opponet. If you want to set up your game plan you have to scout and scout indepth. Now when the game day comes you go in and you want to force the other coaches hand and make him/her play your game. Make him/her change their style and then break them. Lastly PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.

Darrian
Old 09-17-2007, 09:44 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default good question....

When preparing for battle, I spend a lot of time working on the "timing" and angles of the plays that I plan to run in the next game.

in order to do this, I will scrmmage against one of my "winning" teams from the past. I know what that team can do, so it makes working on timing easy.

After that, spend some time working on passing .... I have my method of training that I will place WR all over the field with defender underneath and over the top to practice dropping the ball in the hole or over a player or thread the needle passes. Usually spend about 45 mins to hour tossing the ball around.

Lastly, run "sprints" to make sure all players are running their best before packing them up.

I don't spend too much time working on 'schemes' earlyin the season unless I am playing a coach that gives me trouble ..... then I work on 3-5 plays just for them.

K-LO
Old 09-18-2007, 06:57 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Game Preparation Stays the Same

Whether its a top flight coach or a 2nd year "wetting his nose" coach, the game preparation remains the same for me. Getting out of the routine can be an "excuse" for me not to play my best and I just don't want excuses.

Reg