Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2009, 05:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default PLAYING THE MPFL WAY ON A WATTS BOARD OR 308

Ant,

although playing this system is more fun on a scale size board, it can be played on a watts or 308 or 3924 board. I think more coaches would be interested if they knew they could use the boards they already have.
so the question is, what has to change if playing on these smaller boards

1) does the pass "LTR" sticks/chart have to change to accomodate the smaller field. jerry mgee said a yard on a scale size is a half inch. So im sure it is slightly shorter on a smaller board.

2) does the time down on kick off's have to change ?

what is everything that has to be revised to play on a smaller board ?

If anyone else thinks something should be adjusted please feel free to explain.

*** THE GAME WILL REMAIN EXACTLY THE SAME****

JUST SEEING WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO PLAY ON VARIOUS BOARD SIZES !!!!!!1

I am putting this out there because many coaches love the boards they already own and do not have room for a scale size board. I think they are under the impression they must have a scale size board to play this system or in the MPFL itself. If they could get a blueprint on how to successfully play the MPFL system on any size board , they may embrace it alot better.
In other words, any coach who plays this style must adapt to any field size as long as the game remains the same. with that said, if the pass placement sticks measurement's must change, a coach should have sticks for all board sizes.

Im not sure if this one will matter but does the 3 yard buffer stick change ?
Does it go from 3yd's to maybe 2yd's due to a smaller board ? like i said, this one may not matter.

mantaraydre

MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 01-04-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:46 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Not a new question!

I asked the same things, and got the answer to keep the system the way it is,do not water it down ect.ect..I also think there needs to be a rule book because there is alot of stuff that is not explained in the NFL rulebook,ect.This is where you could put the conversions for various board play as far as times and yardage.You are right,because not alot of people have scale boards and shy away from this style if they do not have one.To say, play it the way it is on all size boards is not realistic IMO.For all the work that went into the DVD why not have a rule book also with conversions.People have different learning styles and some like to use the book as a guide.It may come down to coming up with your own rules set to go with your boardsize.After all ,the stoppages and magnets is what makes this style unique among other things.What I see happening is hybrid leagues that use many of the same things that MPFL does, customized to suit their equipment.Stoppages,sticks,and magnets are not new to MF or EF.Why not hava a MHSFL or MCFL(high school,college)?My 2 cents STT
Old 01-04-2009, 06:34 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default RULE BOOK

STT,

You are right, people have different learning curves. Alot want to read and study a written version of any rules regarding any game. I wonder if a rulebook can be created with the MPFL RULES and the NFL RULE BOOK running side by side to show what you can do playing this system. I am trying to help ant promote the MPFL and a rulebook is a good idea for peope to read then understand. There are some who do not understand why we need stoppages, a rulebook would explain it in detail and maybe they will embrace it. Im happy you are asking the questions you ask. You learn more and more with each question aksed regarding this system.

The dvd is incredible but coaches still need a desk reference. Just thinking about it, this rulebook would make for some incredible football reading. Also, few plays incorporated into the book on all the various things you can do would also be great. This will take time to create but i am willing to help if this is something ant want's to do. I really feel it would really help recruit new coaches who are not in the hobby yet. They can sit down and read this book and get excited about what they can do as a coach

mantaraydre
Old 01-04-2009, 07:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Flexibility is key!

I think due to so many variables you have to be flexible and inclusive and I am not so sure all involved agree with that.Sometimes you have to go even further outside the Box.That is what is great about MF,you can do your own thing-you can be the owner,coach,even the league commish!MF is not any different than real football,nothing is original,just stolen-re worked ideas.No different here.STT
Old 01-04-2009, 09:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Missing the point!I doubt your resources even mention MF aspects Huh?

You keep showing NFL rules all the time,but what people want to see are rules that tie in with MF and how it mimics the real game.I doubt the NFL rule book refers to magnets and stoppages.That is the same type reasoning that is done here when people ask for rules but in reverse.You need to be able to adapt the system to any size board,equipment.ect..That takes flexibility and being able to adapt.If that can be done,you have a great system.I doubt I will find the three yd rule,stoppages,and magnets in an NFL rulebook.The hows and why's in written form would be great.Maybe it is all up to interpretation.I am starting to see that--STT

Last edited by Steel Town Tough : 01-04-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Procedures

Alright, I am not understanding ! Rule Book ?

The system is a procedure guide. The game is football, 4 attempts to gain 10 yards, a touch down is 6 points, etc
Old 01-05-2009, 08:10 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Call it a procedures manuel then.

You could show or explain how MPFL uses stoppages,magnets,3 yd rule,timers,ect. to help duplicate the real game.Then maybe show different scenerios that may occur and how to replicate them.Some people learn better reading than others do.Just a thought.there are procedures in MPFL that must be used to create realism.Hows/why's of that----STT
Old 01-05-2009, 10:01 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Yes

I would very much like to see this.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:03 AM
JIMBO

Default EVERYTHING STAYS THE SAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTARAY- DRE View Post
Ant,

although playing this system is more fun on a scale size board, it can be played on a watts or 308 or 3924 board. I think more coaches would be interested if they knew they could use the boards they already have.
so the question is, what has to change if playing on these smaller boards? NOTHING CHANGES, Home Field is a choice. If you choose to play on a small field, success still depends on execution. Size does limit the types of plays you can run and makes it easier to defend when there isn't enough space for each player to play their position and/or zone and/or assignment.

1) does the pass "LTR" sticks/chart have to change to accomodate the smaller field. jerry mgee said a yard on a scale size is a half inch. So im sure it is slightly shorter on a smaller board. NOTHING CHANGES

2) does the time down on kick off's have to change? NOTHING CHANGES

what is everything that has to be revised to play on a smaller board? NOTHING CHANGES except your playbook because the field is narrower.

If anyone else thinks something should be adjusted please feel free to explain.

*** THE GAME WILL REMAIN EXACTLY THE SAME****

JUST SEEING WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO PLAY ON VARIOUS BOARD SIZES !!!!!!1

I am putting this out there because many coaches love the boards they already own and do not have room for a scale size board. I think they are under the impression they must have a scale size board to play this system or in the MPFL itself. If they could get a blueprint on how to successfully play the MPFL system on any size board , they may embrace it alot better.
In other words, any coach who plays this style must adapt to any field size as long as the game remains the same. with that said, if the pass placement sticks measurement's must change, a coach should have sticks for all board sizes. NOTHING CHANGES - All 32 NFL teams play on the same-sized fields: 120yds long x 53 yards wide. I make scale-sized boards. PM me for the price and sell all your other boards!!!

Im not sure if this one will matter but does the 3 yard buffer stick change?
Does it go from 3yd's to maybe 2yd's due to a smaller board ? like i said, this one may not matter. NOTHING CHANGES

mantaraydre
NOTHING CHANGES