Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010, 01:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default MPFL IS THE HARDEST PASSING BUT MOST REALISTIC

MPFL COACHES

WELCOME TO THE PASSING LIFE.

To put it midly, IT'S THE HARDEST IMHO !

1) Your qb is under severe pressure and you cannot stop the board when you like. That is the uniqueness of the passing bar. It enables to scramble around anywhere behind the LOS

1)Move up in the pocket
2)roll out left or right

The passing bar is great for ecapabilty. Also, your defense can miss the first time and be angled to come after him again.

2) Crisp clean routes are hard to come by when defenders are
A)sitting in a zone via magnets

B) Being angled to drop into coverage and turned back to make a play on the ball via the next stop.

3) The receivers are being shadowed by chasing DB'S into the zone and drops. The passing windows are small so that stick must be placed down with precision to complete a perfect pass. Any smart coach will know to have a defender over and under the wr so when the ball is thrown the chances for a pick increase greatly. Wellington was telling me make sure your DB'S can fly so they can jump a route. He told me paticular figures matter but it is to mathematical to go into. Also, have fast DB'S to be able to sprint back towards the line of scrim to make a hit on a ball carrier.

I see in this style smart coaching is when and where to send your players. THE WHEN IS THE BIGGER KEY. This is what Ant burgess meant by coaching each player and know where should be and what they should be sble to do
I know smitty is going into heavy duty practice shortly. I hear the coaches in the league are good at what they are doing.

I CANT WAIT TO SEND OUT DUPER AND CLAYTON !!!!

THOSE WHO ARE PLAYING THIS SYSTEM, CONTINUE TO ENJOY THE NFL WAY.

mantaraydre
Old 03-08-2010, 03:27 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Avoiding Sack

Dre

Question, I viewed the DVD five times and been practicing via scrimmages with fellow coaches in my area. When the board is on (say mid way second stoppage) and your QB is in danger of being sacked, can the coach

Stop the board midway during the stoppage and throw or angle QB to avoid the sack?

Or, does the board have to be left on for the continuation of the stoppage?
Old 03-08-2010, 03:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyfanatic View Post
Dre

Question, I viewed the DVD five times and been practicing via scrimmages with fellow coaches in my area. When the board is on (say mid way second stoppage) and your QB is in danger of being sacked, can the coach

Stop the board midway during the stoppage and throw or angle QB to avoid the sack?

Or, does the board have to be left on for the continuation of the stoppage?

The board must stay on durring the complete run time unless you stop it due to the pass being completed or picket off.

So if you're QB is in danger of being sacked durring the set time the board then it's up to the players and you can not stop it to avoid the sack.

In the event that a pass gets picket off, this is a change of possession and the defense has 3 stoppages.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks

Ant

Thanks, for clearing this up. This makes for added realism as in other systems, the coach would stop the board immediatley whenhis QB was under duress and fire off a TTQB pass.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyfanatic View Post
Ant

Thanks, for clearing this up. This makes for added realism as in other systems, the coach would stop the board immediatley when his QB was under duress and fire off a TTQB pass.
The TTQB for many years have had rules put in place to protect the user from sacks. In most leagues I have seen them cheat (stop the board to avoid a sack) and throw an incomplete pass, well is that not intentional grounding?

Yet they want you to believe that is football
Old 03-09-2010, 01:20 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ESCAPABILITY AND SACK REALISM

PHILLY,

Like the commissioner of the MPFL has stated, " you cannot cut that board off ". This works two fold when you are on offense and defense.

1) OFFENSE :
let's say the heat is coming after your qb that is on a magnet or a passing bar. Maybe the defense is coming on a safety blitz. That simulates that qb dropping back and the safety coming the same time. The qb on the Mag or pass bar simulates his drop back is complete and his feet are set. Lie in the NFL soon as a qb sets his feet a split second later he gets whacked by a defender. The announcer will say the defender came in unblocked or the qb did not see him. Not being able to cut the board off when you want simulates that safety not being seen and coming in unblocked. If you cut the board off that kills the realistic NFL experience. That's why this system is set up perfectly.

Now when the board stops and the defender did not get there by a split second simulates the qb see's the blitz coming and can do 3 things

1) Throw to an open receiver if the WR has a decent chance to make a play.

2) The qb is the only player that can come off of a magnet and be placed back on it. (That simulates scrambling and establishing position again to make a play on the next stop.
If on a passing bar, that bar can be moved around anywhere behind the los but within the sack yardage distance. The qb can run to the passing bar that is placed in another area and stop on the bar. That is another example of escaping the rush and establishing position again.

3)THROW IT AWAY !!! Lets say you have receivers open but the defense has tight coverage. Throwing to any of them is risky with an 80 % chance of the pass being picked. Lets say it's a receiver near the sidelines needing a 3 or 5 yard stick. But the defender is right next to him. You can take a 12 yard stick and angle it out of bounds to simulate throwing the ball away behind a team bench. Qb's in the NFL are taught to throw the ball away to avoid a sack or interception. Everything i just described plays exactly like the NFL.

***Im sure you know, when that qb escapes for the moment, someone else will be angled to come after him. Scramble the qb to the safest area ,, put that pass bar down in the safest area. ISN'T ALL OF THIS JUST LIKE PLAYING QB IN THE NFL.

GLAD YOU LIKE THE SYSTEM.!!!!!!!!
Be carfeful overseas

mantaraydre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 03-09-2010 at 01:50 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:06 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Ant

The TTQB for many years have had rules put in place to protect the user from sacks. In most leagues I have seen them cheat (stop the board to avoid a sack) and throw an incomplete pass, well is that not intentional grounding?

This is an interesting point!!!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I got my popcorn ready for.....

.....this one!! Vince that's why I LOVE YOU dawg!!! I don't think some of the things you say are right but you do know football.

Last edited by rjackson : 03-09-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default TWO SIDES.

Hey vince,

I hear what your saying but also hear what Ant is saying also.

What Ant burgess is referring to is, in traditional TTQB play, you have the ability to stop the board and freeze any pass rusher whenever you want.
After the board is stopped, you then survey the field for an open receiver.
Sometimes a coach does not see anyone open or a WR is too far upfield for him to make a confident pass. So he would say, throw it away. This has happend to me in some games. So yes, he did throw it away to avoid the sack. But he really threw it away because he did not have any options downfield to throw to. So say you stopped the field and immediately said throw it away without looking at any receiver. You threw the ball away to avoid the sack. But being that you froze that linebacker by stopping the field, then took a little time to see what what receiver is open is like the ref blowing his whistle to stop the play. Only thing is your getting a chance after the whistle was blown to see what receiver is open to throw to or throw the ball away.

In the mpfl until that runner completes his time in the timer box, no whistle can be blown(stoppage of the board) to stop the on coming rush. a fast example is lets say a rusher was coming in fast and is almost on your qb and you stopped the board to avoid the sack. If you look over and check that timing runner and see he has not yet completed his run in the box. The field gets cut back on for him to finish his timed run. During that time the rusher continues on his path to the qb which usually results in a sack.

THE DIFFERENCE.

1) TTQB, you stop the board.

2)MPFL, Only time can stop the board.

****YOUR BOTH RIGHT IT'S JUST HOW TWO DIFFERENT SYSTEMS ARE SET UP IN THIS HOBBY.

MANTARAYDRE

IF THIS THREAD IS GOING TO CONTINUE ON, PLEASE KEEP IT DIPLOMATIC AND POSITIVE

THANK YOU !!

Last edited by mantaraydre : 03-09-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default MPFL COACHES PLEASE.....

Hey Guys, please forgive the rude and unsolicited comments made by them that do not understand the this system.

It would seem that some individuals do not know how to stay out of a conversations that was not addressed to them.

It is clear that they lack the ability to stay on there side of the fence, actualy we had something like this in class, let me give you an example.

An officer is having a conversation with a citizen, 2 other citizen over hear and butt into that conversation that they have nothing to do with and start trouble. The Officer would be in his legal right to cite the 2 citizen for disorderly conduct!