Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2010, 07:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default mantaray draser point passing

For philly fanatic.

first off, the way i play is totally quarterback driven. The qb on either team is the most important person on the field in football. So, every teams desire is to have a smart quarterback who can lead and run the team with his decisions and execution on the field.

1)The qb gets the play in from the sideline. In miniature football terms, the dice rolls will represent the plays coming in from the side line.Here, the dice are taking the play calling out of your hands. You, the solitaire player.

Upon receiving the call from the sideline, it is up to YOU, WHO IS NOW THE QB ON THE FIELD to run the play/team

1)The roll of the dice is YOU, WHO IS NOW THE HEAD COACH/OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. The number that the dice displays is the play call that the offensive coordinator has chosen and relays it down to the sideline. In which that numbered dice roll/play call is signaled in to YOU THE QB NOW.

You rolling the dice waiting for the number is the equivalent of a qb looking over at the sideline waiting for the call.

More, just saving this before i lose it.

QUARTERBACK PLAY

1)RUN THE OFFENSE
2EXECUTE THE GAME PLAN
3)MAKE SMRT DECISIONS
4)TAKE CARE OF THE BALL
5)GO THROUGH HIS PROGRESSION
6)DO NOT TAKE A SACK ON FIRST DOWN
***MAKE ACCURATE THROWS
meaning, leading the receiver with precision passing putting the ball where he has a better opportunity to receive it than the db's have to intercept it.

In my style of play, THE STANDARD in leading the receiver is a 4 yard passing stick to be placed in any direction near the receiver.
I wanted to challenge myself and my accuracy to feel like a real quarterback. i wanted to feel the 2 seconds to pass pressure while making an accurate throw to the intended receiver.
As i stated earlier

1)dice 1-4 the qb must throw it to that receiver the dice roll/play call signaled in. die roll 28 can say ( post route first stop then out route towards left sideline to the left side receiver second stop)
state left side receiver, state left side slot receiver.
The left side receiver is getting the ball

more don't leave

Now that the receiver has been chosen by the dice roll, also his precise route. IT'S TIME TO DROP BACK AND PASS. many things can happen like any other NFL or COLLEGIATE pass play. I will talk defense a little later. But id the die roll for the defense indicates the right side corner can let that receiver go and come on a safety blitz. originally, i would have that DB turned and ready to run down field with that intended receiver.
The dice roll takes the defense out of your hands also. because that WR is thinking the DB is going to bump him at the line then turn and run. The dice roll says let him run into coverage while the DB comes on a blitz from that side. I would simply turn that DB back around and move him 2 be lengths to the side AND RIGHT ON THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. If the running backs were directed to be elsewhere via the dice roll for the play. That Db will come in on that blitz with a free shot at the qb. Being i cant stop the board when i want, i must hope he does not get there before the first stop or the QB will be sacked if he hits him. [b] THIS IS WHERE THE 2 SECONDS TO PASS COMES IN.

Lets say that DB does not get there before the stop, he is right neat the qb .
In miniature football we must stop the board to attempt a pass. In real football, technically, that db is still coming full speed ready to hit hat qb.

1) in real football, you must begin your 2 second count as soon as the ball is hiked.

2)in miniature football, the 2 second count begins when the board is stopped. the stop of the board on a pass play simulates the ball being hiked. so when the board stops, that is the qb dropping back or receiving the ball while in the shotgun.

1)boards stops
2)immediatley count 1 one thousand 2 one thousand. THEN GET RID OF IT.

FINALLY THE LASER POINT

Now that we have route running, intended receivers and why the 2 second count out of the way. IT TIME FOR THE ACCURACY PART OF THE QB'S GAME.

1)RECEIVER RUNS HIS ROUTE
2)EXCEPT FOR RED ZONE PLAY, a 4 yard stick is the standard and can be placed in ANY DIRECTION OF THE INTENDED RECEIVER DOWNFIELD.

**With that said, it can be so simple to just lay down THE 4 YARD STICK near the intended receiver once the play stops. I needed a bigger challenge.
this is where the laser coms in.
I give my self 2 SECONDS to point that laser THE STANDARD 4 YARDS near the receiver This simulates myself being accurate throwing the ball

1)point laser near intended receiver
2)Then take the 4 yard stick to measure if i was accurate.

THERE IS A REASON FOR ALL OF THIS. The big reason, THE DEFENDERS.
Beiing that the STANDARD is a 4 yard stick, any point of the laser that is less than 4 yards is a pass that was thrown poorly and is off the mark.

PENALTY FOR THIS BAD THROW

EXAMPLE, If the laser point is 3 yards from the receiver. The ball is placed where the 3 yards from the receiver laser point is, THEN, The 4 yard stick is placed directly in front of the ball. The ball is now moved and placed in front of the 4 stick WHICH NOW RESULTS IN THE WR MUST RUN 7 YARDS TO GET THE BALL STAD OF 4 YARDS. That is the penalty for being off the mark.
If i would have gotten the 4 yards from the receiver estimation correct, the receiver would have a better chance to receive it since it was on the mark,
Since it was off the mark and is now 7 yards away, defenders may be closer to that 7 yard mark which will result in throwing an interception.

A remedy for this is to estimate just a little longer throw, maybe 5 yards from the receiver. THERE IS NO PENALTY FOR THROWING IT LONGER.
BUT, what if the defenders have a slight advantage if the ball is thrown/laser pointed at 5 or 6 yards away. But it will be thrown right where the receiver needs it @ 4 yards away to beat the defenders to it.

its a cat and mouse game.

You the QB MUST

1)Identify where the DB'S are
2)Find the right area to place the ball near the WR
3)BE AS ACCURATE AS YOU CNAN

ANY BAD ILL ADVISED THROWS WILL RESULT IN
1)THE ROUTE BEING JUMPED
2)BALL INTERCEPTED

How i practice is grab figure and place 4 yard sticks all around him. I point the lasers in front of these sticks to get a feel for the 4 yard distance from the receiver. its just like a qb practicing his accuracy and timing patterns
during weekly practices

This is the system i wanted to create for myself and it works out extremely well. I DO FEEL LIKE A QB. pointing that laser just right is really hard. Ireally like how this method has turned out.

Thanx
mantaraydre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 11-15-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks for explaining this for me. I'm going to give the laser pointer a try in my next solitaire game. I also really like the idea of rolling the dice to determine defensive actions such as corner blitz from the db. Do you decide actions in situations such as

Defense biting on playaction
Defense biting on reverse/end arounds

Also, how do you execute bullet passess like slants? Qbs like favre often drill the pass across the middle in slants and WR's aren't led. Finallly, do you have a system to separate elite qb's from poor qb's?

Thanks Dre good read
Old 11-14-2010, 04:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Phil nat

Philly,

1) Elite qbs from poor qbs START WITH YOU.
Remember, the dice draws up the play and thenqbs action to carry out. With you passing, it is up to you to execute.

1) If you continue to place that laser just off the mark a little under 4 yards in my system. That will result in a poor pass which will lead to many interceptions. This will depend on how you do each game. jast look at your completions and interceptions ratio.

2)Bullet pass

The only way to simulate a bullet pass using the laser with pass simulation is with a 2 yard stick. This means all bullet passes must be on the money.
In the offensive playbook YOU DESIGNED should have several plays that have passing situations where a bullet pass in granted. SHOULD BE A LITTLE MORE IN YOUR RED ZONE PLAY SECTION. So a person does not go bullet pass crazy, this is why the dice should draw up the play. If your playbook reads play number 15, slot receiver 6 yard crossing route direct throw to receiver. This is really not a lead pass. Direct throws are direct. The reason for the 2 yours is in our game. The wry should make some sort of move to get the ball A 2 yard stick is so close it can be determined as a bullet pass.

But here is your challenge, You must shine the laser point red dot EXACTLY the 2 yards from the receiver since it is a bullet pass. Anything else is off the mark. Why, how simple would it be to just shine the red dot right on the receiver and say that is a bullet pass. How simple would it be to shine the red dot 3 or 4 yards for the wry and say that is a bullet pass. BULLET PASSES SHOULD BE RIGHT ON THE MONEY

ALSO, AND VERY IMPORTANT. In designing your route running for your receivers, in order for that receiver to be granted and able to catch a bullet pass. HE MUST BE FACING THE QB OR RUNNING SIDELINE TO SIDELINE NO MORE THAN 10 OT 15 YARDS FROM THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. Any wr with has back turned cannot be eligible for a bullet pass. So if you playing stops, make sure the route you design for your wr is only the first stem. After that stop, shine the laser dot 2 yards BEHIND THE WR within 2 seconds. Turn the wr back towards the ball to simulate he stopped his route to turn around waiting for the ball.

wr's running sideline to sideline do the same thing. The receiver here should also be ten to 15 yards down field. Flashing the laser dot directly in front of them at 2 yards simulates a quick throw by the qb and hitting the wr underneath the coverage.

The same for quick outs, have the wr on a magnet to hold his position. After the snap, flash the laser point directly on the side of that wry within 2 yards of him. Turn that wr towards the red dot/ball. Him going to get it will be his quick out pass play. then you can angle him to run behind his blockers.

3)Line backers biting on play action.
In any offense play that is drawn up by the dice, lets say play number 17

Play action pass fake to hb, slot receiver left run and up and out to left sideline. play #17 indicates that slot receiver is getting the ball if the dice numbers 1-4 indicate the qb must throw it to him. Remember the dice mad up the qbs mind already with that 1-4 reading.

On play #17 as with any other play. You should draw up different defensive REACTIONS that can occur in a game.

1)linebackers drop into coverage
2)1 linebacker dropped into coverage, others stayed home
3)all three linebackers blitzed

etc etc etc

Not just the linebackers, all the defensive players.
For instance, you can have your play #17 set. with 25 different scenarios for the defensive reaction. The dice are telling you what the defensive team is thinking. all you have to do is carry out that reaction.
lets say you had

1) 1 20 sided die for 20 different offensive play calls.

2)you ca ave. another 20 sided die for many different reactions to that 1 play. All you have to do is set you chart up the right way and it will be easy to read.

for instance
use 1 sheet of 8x10 paper per play

make 21 boxes on that sheet
name the page play #17
find a box on the page and draw up offensive play number #17. I would outline that box in red to separate it from the others. The other 20 boxes can be all different defensive scenarios for that box that is outlined in red.
You number the defensive boxes 1-20. when you rolls the dice, we will say the die for the offense came up as number 17. You get out the play number 17 sheet. look at the other die for the defense reaction. whatever the number is on the die, look for the box on the sheet with same number. That will e the defensive reaction. just be creative in thinking of different defensive reactions.

You should have reactions for pass plays and run plays.
Once again, the dice are acting as the defensive players thoughts/reaction.
This takes the defense out of your hands. Your only job is to turn, angle and move that defense into the position the dice have chosen.

mantaraydre