Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2011, 12:40 AM
First Round Draft Pick

Default Ever do an NCAA tournament format?

I have found it fun to run an NCAA hoops style tournament for my college football teams. The seeding of the teams is half the fun. Who will be my number one seeds in each bracket? Who goes where? Of course i fix it so that i get the best match-ups possible! Like the NCAA tournament, the two times i have done it, no number 16 team has beaten a number 1 seed. I try hard to make my top seeds my best teams! No number 15 seed beat a number two. I did have a number 14 seed beat a number 3, when my weaker Illinois team beat a stronger Pitt team. I also struggle to predict the games correctly, as i do in the basketball tournament, there are a lot of upsets. The one and done format is great, and weaker teams can step up and play a big game. You get to see a wide variety of teams, which keeps things interesting as well. The FIRST tournament that i have run like this worked out this way. My first SOLITAIRE COLLEGE FOOTBALL final four was ARKANSAS a ONE SEED, UCLA a ONE SEED, USC a THREE SEED, and TENNESSEE a FIVE SEED, with UCLA beating ARKANSAS for the CHAMPIONSHIP title. It was a great tournament, and a lot of fun! I am pretty sure others have done this, I would like to hear how your TOURNAMENT worked out, if it was 64 TEAMS, 32 TEAMS or 16 TEAMS? PLEASE share your experience, highlights and your final four and Champion! THANKS!

Last edited by NEWYORKGUY : 02-12-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:08 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I have 103 teams and I start out with double elimination til 64 teams or so are left. Then I seed them based on how they played and let them go tourney style.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:41 AM
First Round Draft Pick

Default HI BATMAN

The last time you did this, the most recent tournament, who was in your final four, and what seed were they? Did the best teams get to the end, or were there more upsets and surprises? Who won it all? Thanks!
Old 02-12-2011, 03:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

FINAL FOUR
Notre Dame 13 Florida St. 7
USC 16 Nebraska 17
CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
WALLY BOWL
Notre Dame 7 Nebraska 0

Top 4 seeds were 1- Notre Dame,2- Southern Cal. 4- Florida State 13- Nebraska
Old 02-12-2011, 03:24 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default NMEFL

The NMEFL does an season and 16 team tourney every year till this year this year well do an 64 double elimition tourney should be fun