Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 10:29 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I should know this, but need clarification anyway

I've seen where different leagues use front of base tackling or any touch. I play any touch because that was my first introduction in league play.

For some reason I was thinking that front of base tackling meant that if the front of the ball carrier's base hit any part of the defender's base, he was tackled.

But it should be the front of the defender's base hitting any part of the ball carrier's base for a tackle. Correct?
Old 07-19-2010, 10:57 AM
MFCA MEMBER

my interpretation is the front of the defender's base is the one that counts as a tackle (because in general "you need to see what you tackle" so the defender would need to be facing the offensive player front-on to make a tackle)
Old 07-19-2010, 11:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default yes sir

you hit it on the nose, the mid -ohio league plays fob tackling for the first ten yards and any touch after that,i really like that rule.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:18 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
But it should be the front of the defender's base hitting any part of the ball carrier's base for a tackle. Correct?

It's the way I play
Old 07-19-2010, 12:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks, guys. That straightens me out.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I like the Any touch after 10 yards off the line. I have amended my solitaire rules!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Broken tackle!

If defender only touches ball carrier with a corner of his base that can be considered a broken tackle.that is another variation of the FOB tackle rule--STT
Old 07-21-2010, 08:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Town Tough View Post
If defender only touches ball carrier with a corner of his base that can be considered a broken tackle.that is another variation of the FOB tackle rule--STT
True...However, as I was searching rules for my tournament, I did see where one league did count corners as a tackle.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
If defender only touches ball carrier with a corner of his base that can be considered a broken tackle.that is another variation of the FOB tackle rule

Another variation I'm testing is the 2 bases fumble : if the ball carrier is touched by a FOB defender and a second defender (any base side) it's a fumble. I put the ball marker (used for pass simulation) to a short stick distance in front of the primary (FOB) defender, allow any free player to pivot, then switch on the board to see who covers the ball.

It's a quite good rule (in my opinion) but perhaps more useable in tournaments (with a referee) or solitaire. In 1vs1 game, it can be difficult to manage.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:32 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by the french guy View Post
Another variation I'm testing is the 2 bases fumble : if the ball carrier is touched by a FOB defender and a second defender (any base side) it's a fumble. I put the ball marker (used for pass simulation) to a short stick distance in front of the primary (FOB) defender, allow any free player to pivot, then switch on the board to see who covers the ball.

It's a quite good rule (in my opinion) but perhaps more useable in tournaments (with a referee) or solitaire. In 1vs1 game, it can be difficult to manage.
In the rules that I posted for my tournament, I'm using a variation of the shootout rules in combination with this. So, a chance for a fumble can occur if a ball carrier falls over, is tackled by 2 or more players (doesn't have to fall), or a sack occurs. If any of these happen, roll 3 dice (two the same color). If the single die is a "1" and the two other dice is 2-6,12, a fumble occurs. Then I roll an 8 sided die. 1-4 is a recovery by the offense (no advance) 5-8 is recovered by the defense (with a chance to advance).

What I've done is make it so that the dice are not the determining for a fumble to occur, but are used only if the above instances occur.

If you're testing things, maybe you can test this for me to see how it works out.

I also do a similar thing with "injuries". A player (non ball carrier) has to fall over in order to roll dice for possible injury. Injuries would be rare as they can occur only on rolls of 2 or 12 (2/36 chance). A single die would determine who is injured. (1,3,5 is to the player who has fallen; 2,4,6 to the nearest opposing player). 8 sided die is for how much and ranges from a couple of plays to the rest of the half.