Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009, 01:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default reversing base orientation

This question is a general question (no particular rule set, just curious what some opinions are on this subject).

How do people feel about bases going backwards. In other words, tweaking the bases to go backwards from its original orientation and placing them on the figure such that the back of the shell is now in the front. An example is you could have O-lineman on rounded front Prolines in which the square back edge is now on the front and the rounded front is now on the rear (allowing the RB to slide off of his lead block easier). I'm guessing those who would object would be concerned about the shape of the rear in which several bases are slightly concave (cupped inwards) rather than the traditional convex shape (slight bulge beyond flat). Personally I'm a fan of any kind of frankenstein bases and such as long as they meet the leagues length/width/height/weight standards for bases.
Joe
Old 03-08-2009, 02:27 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I like the idea, and this also allows for the creativity of coaches to push the envelope and come up with an added edge if you will. I have been frankensteining bases for some time now and I really think your on to something here Joe.

RD
Old 03-09-2009, 09:52 AM
MFCA MEMBER

should not be a problem, they are league bases.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:54 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Been doing this...

practice for more than 30 years. I saw a need to do this with coleco bases many years ago when most looked at Coleco as a fringe company because they did not have NFL license.

I designed bases to have a symmetrical rectangular look so that the defense could not tell where the bases where they were going. It's not the defensive teams prerogative to know what's ready to hit them.

So I created the FF.COM bases about 7 years ago. Unfortunately the bases did not hold up well but I kept the millions of bases and cut the prongs from under the shell and now they are the perfect shell for frankensteining prongs.

This is a common practice in the Shootout play. My intentions were that there is no need to throw away ANYTHING that could be used for a rainy day. The rainy day has come so often now and this reverse base orientation just lends to the deceptive creation of football strategy.

Reg
Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 AM
MFCA MEMBER

In the Tornado Alley I have played with bases in reverse since the beginning. It adds to the deception factor. Sometimes I fool myself and forget and screw things up! LOL

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 03-09-2009, 11:11 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default You know Geno...

some leagues don't like you to do that because it complicates things if you do that type of trickery.

Reg
Old 03-09-2009, 11:31 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Joe

Joe I like the proline idea of being backwards.Because I notice my proline rookie RBs always seem to stick to the back of bases and dont roll off.It gets frustrating.We dont allow bases on backwards.But in a tourney I tweaked a bases to run backwards to fool the offense with my corners.