Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2010, 06:30 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default My first attempts with Green stuff

Some of them have HeroClix arms

I decided that my original Justin Tuck just didnt have enough attitude

***MY ORIGINAL PICS WERE HUGE... SO Dimitri Reposted them at a better size
I took down mine so the page would load better.

See Dimitri's repost of my Pics! Thanks to him.***

Last edited by Lindyhopper49 : 11-02-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:16 AM
MFCA MEMBER

wow , these are huge pics

You should reduce them when you take them out of the camera. Simply use paint (on windows) or gimp (windows, mac linux) or whatever little photos fixing software you have with your computer, and reduce the size to 800px max width : it will be easier to see and understand (a too big pic is difficult to appreciate, as a too small pic is also), will save mfca bandwith, and will be faster for slow internet connection (if guys stills use slow internet in their aera).

Anyway, I stop the technical critics to speak about the sculpting

Here's my critics (as always, just take it positive, I'm not trying to act like the sculpting master or whatever) :

Positive points :

you tried to integrate the putty to the current figure. We can see that there is no edge between the plastic and putty, that's the way to go.

You paid attention to not make too big body armors

you've got the "eye" to see what defects you should fix and details you can add (legs, jersey hollows, etc...) , that's a good point

the critics :

For the leg pads, you should try to use a round color shaper/rubber brush), to make the "stripes" on it instead of a "blade" tool. to make then the right size, apply the green stuff and make a srt of "sheet" on the leg. Then, with x acto knife re-cut the "sheet" to make it square. then, use the technic you already know well to integrate the putty with the plastic. then, make the "stripes" on the legs pads with the rubber tool.

For special helmets (revo and stuff like that), do the same thing : apply a stripe of thing green stuff putty, then make it plane and smooth, and then, recut the "sheet" with you xacto knife, and finally integrate it. When you want to create "factory made" (legs pads, helmets details) details or thing straight things, the xacto blade is the better choice to make the rough shape.

Then, use the other tools to integrate it to the whole figure.

I also reposted the pics with more readable size for forums. I usually use myself 500px width for individuals, 600px width for couples, 700px to 800px for groups (3 to 5, linemen for exemple).

To conclude....good job. Really cool for a first attempt
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2010, 09:50 AM
MFCA MEMBER

not bad for starters... thanks for the repost Dimitri.