Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2008, 11:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Air Time for MF as a Hobby

Ok, if ESPN can have a entire series devoted to watching guys play each other in Madden on Xbox 360, why can't we get a MF show? I love Madden and my Xbox too, but it is rather boring watching to guys go head to head on TV. I never get bored when watching a nice fast paced DVD of some good MF action.

The Shootout type ruleset would make for some lively action, as well as having some of the MFCA's wacky coaches gathered around breaking each other's balls. When I watch that ESPN footage of Miggle and see how painfully slow some of those figures where running, it is a disgrace, sure, good to see the footage, but that's not how the majority of us play. Lets get some 4.0 custom figures, custom boards, boiled bases, boat bases, brown bases, ITZ dials, box shaking etc... all together in a fast paced format and you will have a hit on your hands. When dudes all over America in their 30's-50's see this their faces will light up. I dream of this, but sadly I don't see it happening.

Another option is a cable channel called DIY or Do It Yourself channel, they have a lot of corny craft shows and they have also done model railroading, and RC planes, cars, boats, etc... These are low budget niche type shows and I think MF would fit in great on this channel.

How do we go about getting some MF TV exposure? I would think the MFCA as collective group could make something happen.

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Local Cable Access

How about doing a DFW style production DVD (announcers, refs, etc...) of a championship game to air on local Cable Access channels. As long as it fits the requirements they will play it. If done right this could be a start. Could then forward it as a demo to the next level cable channels.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:27 PM
DOOMSDAY78

Default Hey.....

That Idea Really,really, Really Sounds Good. I Think We Got Some Coaches Who Can Pull That Off, It's Just To Be Started Somewhere, And By Somebody. Until Then Don't Let Idea Go, Please!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 08:48 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I Have Some Ideas

As some of you already know, I am putting together an electric football community video that I will upload to YouTube. Depending on how well it goes over will determine my next step. Sometimes ideas look good on paper and in your head, but not so good in real life.

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Old 04-03-2008, 08:54 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I would much rather watch EF / MF than people playing cards on ESPN.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:44 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default we have been on the TV, but not like we want

wow, I have been on TV a few times here. It was short spots and some actions was being presented. BUT NOT LIKE WE WANT!!!

I have DVD of our Championship games and DVD of others so the footage is there.

I can't stand the poker series (nothing wrong with it, but it just is boring as $%^$) but I get pumped when I look at MF on film.

I have seen some of the youtube spots, but that is just a teaser....

I think that one of the key ingredients to getting on TV is having the access to a local station and having a "script" that they could follow the game.

.02 worth
Old 04-03-2008, 11:06 AM
WallyJ

If you want to take this up to the next level. You need to work with a production company and put a "show" together. What many have put together here is very good. But not to the standards that would catch a TV exec's eye. You need to be looking at the Nissan commercial that was done with LAEFL. That type of production is what is needed.

Think of putting on a Super Bowl type show only in miniature. Pre game show, play by play with color commentary, half time interviews, post game report and interviews. I would even suggest that the whole production be scripted. This way you have maximum impact. Just my 2 cents.

Wally
Old 04-03-2008, 02:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default My Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby J View Post
Ok, if ESPN can have a entire series devoted to watching guys play each other in Madden on Xbox 360, why can't we get a MF show? I love Madden and my Xbox too, but it is rather boring watching to guys go head to head on TV. I never get bored when watching a nice fast paced DVD of some good MF action.

The Shootout type ruleset would make for some lively action, as well as having some of the MFCA's wacky coaches gathered around breaking each other's balls. When I watch that ESPN footage of Miggle and see how painfully slow some of those figures where running, it is a disgrace, sure, good to see the footage, but that's not how the majority of us play. Lets get some 4.0 custom figures, custom boards, boiled bases, boat bases, brown bases, ITZ dials, box shaking etc... all together in a fast paced format and you will have a hit on your hands. When dudes all over America in their 30's-50's see this their faces will light up. I dream of this, but sadly I don't see it happening.

Another option is a cable channel called DIY or Do It Yourself channel, they have a lot of corny craft shows and they have also done model railroading, and RC planes, cars, boats, etc... These are low budget niche type shows and I think MF would fit in great on this channel.

How do we go about getting some MF TV exposure? I would think the MFCA as collective group could make something happen.

The public wants to see something that is actually what they have come to know and love and can relate to. Many people view this hobby as " corny " " stupid " etc.

They can't see the conection with how the game is played to how it is seen on TV.

Railroading, RC's cars, planes etc look like and fuction like there real life counter parts, however our hobby does not reflect the real life aspects as the others do.

These other hobbies have evolved over and with the times. But EF has not.
Boards are still to small and the game fuction has not changed much over the past 50 plus years.

The Look, funtion, playability etc all must change and evolve in order to gain the notoriety, and respect we all want.

If the game has played the same over the past 50 plus years and has yet to gain the respect we want then what is being done to change that?

New figures, bases, decals, all are nice but are just cosmetical changes that really don't have a profound effect on the motor that drives this vehicle.

What car dealership today are selling 1800-1940's vehicles ?
Who many store are selling 1950's cloths ?

Look at the NFL, see how it has evolved over the years, from the leather helmets to what we have today, Uniforms, game balls, playing fields, game play.

Question is why is everything evolving around this hobby except this hobby?

Could it be that We are the cause as to why this hobby is not respected?

Old 04-03-2008, 09:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Anthony are you saying that we stand a better chance if we go at this thing playing your multi-stop method?

If so I tend to disagree. I have not seen your DVD yet, but I have watched clips. Now get ready, I am in no way blasting your style of play, but I think the Shootout style moves a lot faster and keeps the energy level up. Which is what will get our viewers pumped up. As they will see this fast paced, custom style and remember the slow moving scrum they played as kids and be totally amazed.

If it's more of an instructional show, where all different playing styles are visited you will hit a homerun with some viewers based on the true NFL simulation style of play. But if it's a competition style contest type of show, the Shootout rules would make better TV.

I say this with all due respect and am in no way saying anything bad about your rule set. I just think a fast paced style of play would do better for television. I am keeping things on the positive tip here.

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby J View Post
Anthony are you saying that we stand a better chance if we go at this thing playing your multi-stop method?

If so I tend to disagree. I have not seen your DVD yet, but I have watched clips. Now get ready, I am in no way blasting your style of play, but I think the Shootout style moves a lot faster and keeps the energy level up. Which is what will get our viewers pumped up. As they will see this fast paced, custom style and remember the slow moving scrum they played as kids and be totally amazed.

If it's more of an instructional show, where all different playing styles are visited you will hit a homerun with some viewers based on the true NFL simulation style of play. But if it's a competition style contest type of show, the Shootout rules would make better TV.

I say this with all due respect and am in no way saying anything bad about your rule set. I just think a fast paced style of play would do better for television. I am keeping things on the positive tip here.
Please forgive my bluntness, but I am man enough to say what is on my mind with out having to imply anything, or assume anything.

I didn't post anything about my system ! Please show me in my post were I said anything about my system ?

You can't because there is not anthing there ! And you totaly missed the point of the post !

It is about how the public see's this hobby ! Not what we think ! It is about the reality of the facts, not what we like !

FYI
1: My system is a procedure guide, not a rule set !
2: The rules are football rules !
3 : The Term ( Multi Stop ) is an insult when the correct name is MPFL, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME !!!!!Some call it that name because they can't see past the board stoppages and miss the hole theory behind the system !
( This is the only part that I am now talking about my system, FYI-1-3 and ends now !)

Now I'm am not upset, I just want to make it clear.

You are making this about rules, I am talking about how this hobby is viewed by those that are not in it ! As it relates to you wanting to know about air time for this hobby.

The public doesn't care about setting up 11 men on a board that is to small to hold them, to watch figures run around aimlessly, some fall over, not knowing how to control them, then the time it takes to throw a pass.

Then you want them to believe that this is a football game ! You want them to believe that this plays like real football !

And you ask about air time for this hobby on TV ? Who wants to see men fall over, run out of position etc.

So what is being done to change the public view of this hobby ?