Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2010, 12:24 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Where is ?????

I was sitting around wondering whatever happened to Old School , Jimbo and acouple of other guys that were around from the beginning of this site ??
Has life taken up all their time or did their interests change ?
Old 05-30-2010, 01:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I'll try and answer your question as diplomatically as possible, without naming names, and hope this post doesn't get booted. Some guys have come on here, and have been well known for many years before from the Miggle site, and had built quite a reputation for themselves.

Now, some have had bad luck, and have left the hobby to get their lives sorted out. Some just plain lost interest and lave left. A few come and go as they get busy in their personal lives, then have time to stay here, then get busy again. Some had their own agendas, such as painting teams or base tweaking, etc., and were here for awhile until they got out of doing whatever it was that they were doing.

Then there are a few who were here, became well known, and then took advantage of others and disappeared. Monies were taken and services not given, and a few where services were rendered but the first party didn't get paid like they were supposed to.

For the people in the first group, we can only wish them the best and hope that someday they might return. For the people in the last group, I wish that the MFCA had a morals clause. Something to the effect that when a certain person takes money for something, say for example a tournament, and then cancels such tournament without prior notice and then doesn't return the money to all the coaches who paid to attend, that that person's name is forever banned from posting here and they get put into a special post where their offense can be seen by all. Sort of like in the old days where you were put into a stockade that was placed in the main square for everyone to see you. The post would be for members only, so when you want to see if there was someone you shouldn't trust, you could read the post and see, for example, "Godfather Ancient Learner is banned because he agreed to pay Nice Guy to have 2 teams painted for him, accepted the teams and then didn't pay Nice Guy for the work"

Just my
Old 05-30-2010, 01:57 PM
MFCA MEMBER

gotcha.
Thanks.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Old 05-30-2010, 04:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default re:

Well said. I had been wondering about a few myself.

Speedy
Old 05-30-2010, 05:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Please!

Don't add anything to this post beyond Al's candid remarks!

Those statements, coming from him, is more than anything any of us can say!

unity/INTEGRITY/fellowship
Old 05-30-2010, 09:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavennaAl View Post
I'll try and answer your question as diplomatically as possible, without naming names, and hope this post doesn't get booted. Some guys have come on here, and have been well known for many years before from the Miggle site, and had built quite a reputation for themselves.

Now, some have had bad luck, and have left the hobby to get their lives sorted out. Some just plain lost interest and lave left. A few come and go as they get busy in their personal lives, then have time to stay here, then get busy again. Some had their own agendas, such as painting teams or base tweaking, etc., and were here for awhile until they got out of doing whatever it was that they were doing.

Then there are a few who were here, became well known, and then took advantage of others and disappeared. Monies were taken and services not given, and a few where services were rendered but the first party didn't get paid like they were supposed to.

For the people in the first group, we can only wish them the best and hope that someday they might return. For the people in the last group, I wish that the MFCA had a morals clause. Something to the effect that when a certain person takes money for something, say for example a tournament, and then cancels such tournament without prior notice and then doesn't return the money to all the coaches who paid to attend, that that person's name is forever banned from posting here and they get put into a special post where their offense can be seen by all. Sort of like in the old days where you were put into a stockade that was placed in the main square for everyone to see you. The post would be for members only, so when you want to see if there was someone you shouldn't trust, you could read the post and see, for example, "Godfather Ancient Learner is banned because he agreed to pay Nice Guy to have 2 teams painted for him, accepted the teams and then didn't pay Nice Guy for the work"

Just my
Sorry to hear that Al.

"Nice guys finish last"