Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2010, 04:48 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default A Vested Interest: The CBSMF Across the Nation

One thing we can not do is make someone be a part of the CBSMF but for those who are, the vested interest is high! Last week, one of my fellow leaguemates wondered silently "Where was all the hype and interest for 2010 like 2009?" I told him, it will come in relatively short order. I told him he just needs to keep being the hypemaster he was to help spur on the interest.

The thing is that I have learned about MF coaches is that many of us get inspired by reading about the exploits of others. We tend to come back to read the "soap opera" every day. The juicier the story, the bigger the ratings.

When the season started, we were expecting conferences in the SEC to take root, the ACC and Big East to be popping off, and the traditional powers to all be in full-swing around Memorial Day weekend. For the most part, it is happening. The chatter is starting to get high! Some conferences will be hyped by what they saw this weekend.

Games happened in the PAC10, the Mountain West, the SWC, CUSA, and the Big 10. For the most part, it could be thought to be a pretty successful weekend. But now, we are coming around the first turn of that 400 meter run. Coaches are watching each other play on TV and storylines are now forming.

All these coaches have a vested interest in the CBSMF! That's what's so great about this. Some coaches get on to watch to try to pick the game up. Guys like Speedy and Jeff Priest follow what we do and that's what we want! They are the potential recruits like high school 4 and 5 star athletes we want to bring to our universities.

It's our goal to bring guys from the Deep South to represent the SEC. Guys like Rafiyq and Dallcow4life could play a huge role in shaping what the CBSMF could become. A legendary coach like David Nickles could have such an impact in the vested interest of the league. A JoeRam would love to play anybody and would be as dedicated as anybody.

I wish we had an Armed Forces division over in Afghanistan led by a Phillyfanatic. He would definitely be able to get the ball rolling and trust me, someone like him would try every technological breakthrough to get the games on the Internet back to us!

I think for the most part, we've got much to be thankful for as conferences are playing. Even if you are not a part of the league, you can probably ask any coach in the league about the rules and they would be more than happy to tell you how to utilize them. These guys are excited about the rules, the games, and the camaraderie that exist. While we may "rag" on each other, we do follow each other because for once, we've got at least something to use to compare what we do from a national perspective that we never had.

So if you are not in, recruit yourself to be a part of the league. Don't sit back and miss out on the fun. Some guys have reasons ranging from loyalty to others to not wanting to be a part of the ruleset to hating individual coaches who are in it to reasons unbeknowest to man??? The thing is "nobody can make you have fun but like some who have came aboard, you find out that we have the time of our life doing this and life is too short to allow pettiness to dominate your thinking.

So there is still time to get some guys playing down in the SEC. We want to watch the Dirty South. We love the enthusiasm. We want to see the Big East and ACC pop-off and we want to see the CUSA get their games rolling on TV! It's time for all of those who are vested in this from Independents to the conferences to get that plastic crackin' like popcorn!

Reg
CBSMF

Last edited by Reginald Rutledge : 05-31-2010 at 04:52 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:18 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Go to bed reggie
Old 05-31-2010, 09:10 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks, Reg, for taking the time.

I watched some of the SWC action the other night. The pace of the game is what caught my eye. Us DSMFL'ers have some serious adjustments to make in this style of play. I can't wait to get started. It may be awhile before we get started, though, because of communication issues, and such. But with direction from Rafiyq, I know this will go down. He's the most passionate coach I know, and he deserves to be recognized nationally, along with David Nickles, Charles Lane, James Shealy, and others.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:43 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallcow4life28 View Post
I watched some of the SWC action the other night. The pace of the game is what caught my eye. Us DSMFL'ers have some serious adjustments to make in this style of play. I can't wait to get started. It may be awhile before we get started, though, because of communication issues, and such. But with direction from Rafiyq, I know this will go down. He's the most passionate coach I know, and he deserves to be recognized nationally, along with David Nickles, Charles Lane, James Shealy, and others.

We can't wait to see you guys get started. If you guys need any assistance the Big Ten stands willing and able. Good luck guys.

D
Old 05-31-2010, 12:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Reg,
You are so right, seeing the broadcasts from Michigan and Texas this weekend is very inspiring for this hobby and for the CBSMF league. Not only does watching the games help to get a better feel for this rule set, but its definately fun and exciting to see some great teams battling it out on the electric gridiron. There are many aspects of the hobby that I really enjoy, and competition and fellowship are right at the top so it was great to see the boards buzzing with multiple national broadcasts for all to enjoy!
Joe