Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2007, 09:11 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default please explain illegal formations in the NFL AND MINIATURE FOOTBALL

COACHES

1) WHAT EXACTLY IS A ILLEGAL FOWARD PASS ?

2) Do both wr's have to be on the line of scrimmage before the snap ? Some say yes some say no ! I just watched a game and did not see any two wide outs on the line / What are the scnerio's ? I know two TE'S is one, what are the other scenario's ?

3) If a qb is in the shotgun with a receiver angled to run in front of the qb to get to the other side, can the qb throw/toss/pitch the ball to the wide out let say as he gets behind the tackle, then turn the board back on as the wr continues to the other side. I guess thats some sort of quick out or dump off.

4) Speaking of dump off passes, how can we do it in miniaturefootball without getting a penalty.

5) at what piont can the rb catch a ball out of the backfield ?

7) WHAT IS A LEGAL RUN OR PASS IN BETWEEN THE TACKLES.

Im asking because im designing plays and would like to how far can i go !

Also, iv'e been to several tourney's and watched coaches call plays with the opposing coach saying you cant do that that's illegal .

It would be of great benefit to all if you experts can break down to the efl community, what all of our options are in getting a detailed playbook together. I think every coach should have some form of a playbook under arm at each game trying to run there sets

ppppppplllllleeeeeeeeaaaasssssseeeeeee help !

MANTARAY- DRE
Old 10-12-2007, 09:48 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Illegal Formation

In football there is rules, yes ryles that govern the positions on the field to maintain balance.

When you talk about illegal formation, ( 5 men in the back field, not having 7 men on the line of scrimmage )

Lets look at it this way, WR LT LG C RG RT WR
TE QB
FB
RB

THIS IS A LEGAL FORMATION If you line up the WR in the back field then this formation becomes illegal as you no longer have 7 men on the line.

Now check this out take this same formation, the TE is moved up on the line, and the WR to his left stays on the line then the TE is not eligible because he is not at the end of the line.

Now when you angle palyers this is false start, you are simulating the start of the play. Players are pointed North ( Opponents goal ) or 1 player to the side line ( Man in motion ) any thing else is a penalty. This is real football 101 To simulate actual football with miniatures you must first understand the game of football in all area's . Violating football basics will never lead you to playing a true realisitc football with miniatures.

Bump

To understand this you must understand the DB position, again, what is the responsibility of the DB.

1 To defend the pass, meaning runs with the WR, 2 to cover an area of the field collectively in order to achieve pass coverage.

The Bump is design to redirect the WR or Reroute him to maintain the pass defense discipline.
Holding the WR at the line voids the use of the safties, and is also a penalty ( Defensive Holding)

The answer to all you question are in the MPFL DVD it teaches the basics of football that can be used in actual football to help children understan there position better in little league football and help them to understand the big picture in what role they play on the field.

QB

If the player is in front of the QB then it is a pass, beside ( 1.5 bases ) or behind is a pitch or hand off . Keep it simple, no free be's on any type of passes. Now on illegal forward pass, if the QB is over the line of scrimmage and throws a pass it is a illegal pass, he must be behind the line of scrimmage.

Were some might be having trouble is that you can't take some rules and use them and throw out the others because you don't like them. Each rule surpports another that is football, passing rules surpport other passing rules and the same for all others.

If the WR can't run his pass route then how can there be pass interference ? How can the defender make a play on the ball ? If the defenders hand, or helmet never touches the ball then how can there be a fumble ? If 4 defenders are able to make a play why linit on 2 to make the play ? ot if there are 3 "O" linemen in open space why would the not look for a defender to block ?

If you limit the actul use of football essentials then how can you play football ? You can no longer call it football if your cutting out the essential eliments of the game.

If you understand this, then the MPFL DVD is what you want. Get you're DVD NOW

Last edited by Anthony D Burgess : 10-12-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:15 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Dre,

please explain the plays which were contested, I assumed as long as you had a legitimate formation: 7 on the line, receivers as ends, RB in the tackle box (Pro Rules) you were good to go. I know some leagues do not allow the qb to block on a running play, that makes sense.

I'm not clear on what you are saying.

What if your slot-man is on a TTC, you set him to spin, you run the board 1 sec, hit him with the TTQ, he's behind the line so you can adjust, take him off spin, your wide-out on that end is set to block, you have an alley, pick up yards, move the chain. Is this all good?

I dig you,
I dream of plays, I'm not kidding, I run plays in my sleep,
I would like a 'play-book', the bread-n-butter plays, etc.

Good post!

Go Steelers!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:22 AM
JIMBO

1) WHAT EXACTLY IS A ILLEGAL FORWARD PASS? An illegal forward pass is one that hits an OL or one that is attempted after the QB has crossed the LOS.

2) Do both WRs have to be on the line of scrimmage before the snap? Some say yes, some say no! I just watched a game and did not see any two wide outs on the line. What are the scenarios? I know two TEs is one, what are the other scenarios? Seven men must be on the LOS at all times on Offense. This includes the 5 OL and then 2 more guys, usually WRs or TEs or other players that have checked in with the Ref as an eligible Receiver i.e. Mike Vrabel (#50 for New England) or The Fridge (#72 for Da '85 BEARS!) Then comes a slotted WR, which can lineup inside or outside of the 7th guy on the LOS. This "slot" is usually the guy that goes in motion.

3) If a QB is in the shotgun with a receiver angled to run in front of the QB to get to the other side, can the QB throw/toss/pitch the ball to the wide out, let's say as he gets behind the tackle, then turn the board back on as the WR continues to the other side? I guess that's some sort of quick out or dump off. I would say "yes" as long as he is the only guy in motion, meaning everyone else is facing forward. In the MWEFL, we are now playing a lil with MS, so a quick on would put that WR behind the one of the OTs; I'd turn all unengaged Offensive players to "trick" the D into going deep with the WRs and to cover both RBs flaring into each flat and also to setup my OL's blocking downfield; then I'd auto-pitch to the motion guy if he's w/i 2 base-lengths of the QB and turn him upfield since he's behind the LOS. Defense can angle/adjust ALL of their unengaged players and we let 'er rip!

4) Speaking of dump-off passes, how can we do it in Miniature Football without getting a penalty? See above. Slight variances for different leagues, but shouldn't be too far off what I outlined above except for the MS.

5) At what point can the RB catch a ball out of the backfield? Again this depends on the individual league, but as long as the RB isn't facing his own endzone, he should be eligible.

7) WHAT IS A LEGAL RUN OR PASS IN BETWEEN THE TACKLES? Please elaborate. This question could be answered a million different ways. The WR Screen above is a legal Pass. Any hand-off is a legal Run.

I'm asking because I'm designing plays and would like to know how far I can go! Dre, if you have Madden on any platform of video game, use those playbooks. If you don't, go to: http://nflhs.com/tipsdrills/Interact...ks/default.asp

Also, I've been to several tourneys and watched coaches call plays with the opposing coach saying, "You can't do that - that's illegal!"

It would be of great benefit to all if you experts can break down to the MF community, what all of our options are in getting a detailed playbook together. I think every coach should have some form of a playbook under arm at each game trying to run their sets.
See the above link for Interactive Playbooks or check out Madden's Playbooks! Or watch/record your team on TV and run their playbook, noting which plays are used in different downs and distances.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:27 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Love It

Man I love talking football

Hey TV'sChaChi

When you place a player on a magnet, it has the same effect as turnning the TTC base to run around in a circle. It all so ands the eliment of holding to the game.

The player going around in a circle is what the public remembers about the game and is why the game is not respected now.

But I'm like you in that I run plays every day. I learn how to defend them, I learn how to camouflage them etc.

Last edited by Anthony D Burgess : 10-12-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:32 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Jimbo

Jimbo, I think it is illegal touching of a forward pass if it hit a linman. ? I'm not suer but I think that is what it is.

Also if there are 2 forward passes on the same play. Throwing forward to a player behind the line and that player throwing a pass.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:41 AM
JIMBO

Default Roger that!

Yep! Ur right! Same difference, tho. Illegal all the same!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:58 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ?

It would be of great benefit to all if you experts can break down to the MF community, what all of our options are in getting a detailed playbook together. I think every coach should have some form of a playbook under arm at each game trying to run their sets. See the above link for Interactive Playbooks or check out Madden's Playbooks! Or watch/record your team on TV and run their playbook, noting which plays are used in different downs and distances

Jimbo

Jimbo I think that this is a good idea, but there must first be a direction on how you want to play this game.

You can't pick and choose what eliments you want to use. Your either playing the old school way were the eliments of actual football don't apply, or your going to play it as a actual football simulation game were all the essential eliment of the game apply.

I have been asking this questions for years, and no one wants to answer it. This leads back to the fail safe responce of, ( there is no right or wrong way of playing ) If this hobby is to advance to the next level and gain the respect every one want's it to have we must draw the line and start to answer this question.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Coach

Default Illegal Forward Pass

Guys,

An Illegal Forward Pass is also throwing 2 forward passes; one behind the LOS and another one beyond the LOS.

Smitty
Old 10-12-2007, 11:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Nice

I went to the link and love it. You see that the player have an assignment on the play as to who they are to block.

They understand what there job is and then they have to go get it done. They recat to what takes place .

These plays can and are often run in my system just as you see it hear.

You must understand who blocks who on each play, see what the players see's and react to it.

Thanks Jimbo

Last edited by Anthony D Burgess : 10-12-2007 at 11:12 AM.