Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2007, 09:04 PM
JIMBO

Default Stupid OL

Why did it take AB to figure out that our OL were mindless numbskulls? How many times have you watched your OL run downfield and not hit a soul? How many times have you cut the board off on a pass play because you saw a guy WIDE-OPEN and it was your friggin' Center??? Why do we do this?

If Simeon Rice lines-up outside of Orlando Pace on an obvious pass play, is Pace just gonna run forward? Or is he gonna step back and pick Rice off? What if Rice lines up head to head and then shifts outside? How do we account for this in MF? Or, better yet, WHY DON'T WE?

I love using the "snap" that AB's MPFL System proposes. It allows me to drop back my OTs to pickup the loopers and/or to doubleteam a strong DT and not to just send him/them on "blind" routes. Don't get me wrong, I can play either/any way. I just like the distinct difference of style this extra step presents.

That's my $.02 for the day.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I think roast beef sandwiches are the bomb.

That's my $.02 for the day.

Ed
Old 11-08-2007, 06:38 AM
MFCA MEMBER

$.02 ??? Man, I envey you guys. I wish I had $.02 I'm so broke right now all I have in my wallet is a bunch of cobwebs. There used to be a family of spiders living there, but they quit paying rent a few months ago and I finally had to evict them. At least I still have the fly that they left for a deposit. :rolleyes:
Old 11-08-2007, 10:04 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default we kindof address this

Jimbo,

we kindof address this with allowing uncovered OL to be povited during that part of the play. You cannot pick him up nor turn the wheel, but you can at least get a slight angle.

also, we added 'motion' to the mix and man does that disrupt the defense when you do....
Old 11-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Decal Master

Jimbo,

What are you doing man? You know it's a felony to praise this system in public. What are you some sort of long haired revolutionary?

I have another question: How in the heck are you going to PLAY football on an EF table without stoppages. I'd say that you can WATCH your plays unfold without the adjustments, but you are not free to add intelligence to your figures.

How many times in MPF have I had plays that looked strung out only to break loose and get a ton of yards.

You hit it on the head with your last comment. Ask yourself this:

How are you going to execute a sweep (as it is), a trap block, or a true zone block if the linemen cannot be adjusted?

I broke a 68 yarder on Burgess with Tiki Bear but it was a cut back run. And I picked up a block late in the play. Without the adjustments, we'd just scrum (rugby style) and watch the men scoot around on the gameboard; i've seen guys sitting and starring at the board for over a minute while the players run down into the endzone, out of bounds.

Without adjustments they are just Frankensteins. We want to build TERMINATORS.!!

We want to make the game better with these changes and nothing more. But the opposition in getting the word out to the community has been fierce. People normally don't like to committ to change unless undesputed evidence to the point is produced.

Like Jimmy Hendrix used to say "are you experienced? Well I am"

Last edited by Decal Master : 11-08-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:40 PM
WallyJ

Jimbo,

You just hit on one of the points that has me so interested in the MPFL system.

Wally
Old 11-08-2007, 12:44 PM
JIMBO

Default All I Needed...

...was to SEE AB's MPFL live and in person to SEE what he and I had been bumping heads about for almost a year online. Once I SAW what I had been envisioning here in my alternate world, I asked ONE question and that was that.

I begged AB to hold off on his soap-boxing last year and let me get a grasp of his system so that I could help him out. But, as things turned out, and after MUCH dissension, I finally met AB in Virginia, watched ONE play, asked ONE question and the fog of a year's worth of AB-bashing lifted like a fog.

I'm about the only other guy with as much REAL football experience as AB - Pop Warner to HS to Army to Semi-Pro to playing and coaching to just coaching to EF and now to MF. I knew these guys could be made to do real things, but it has been perceived as a kid's toy for 50 years and now to change the stigma into REAL Football Simulation was quite the hump.

Some guys only have ONE play that they have perfected over their 10+ years of playing!?!?! And to tell them that that's NOT real football is like telling the world Jesus had a child. It's almost blashemous, but The DaVinci Code has made the WORLD go...hmmmm??? Hasn't it?

Much to my detriment sometimes, I have ALWAYS spoke my mind. Now is no exception.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:04 PM
WallyJ

Jimbo,

Amen! We have to talk... I love the system AB put together. Playing this system actually got my sons interested in playing the game again. Like you I played Pop Warner to Semi Pro. I didn't play in college as played on the basketbal team instead. Still regret that move.

Talk to you soon.

Wally
Old 11-09-2007, 07:03 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Talking Bump

Bump
Old 11-11-2007, 01:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default O-Line pre play adjustments?

Do any leagues allow automatic adjustments for uncovered O-lineman. Funny thing was, as a teen we always allowed the O-line to make a last pre-play adjustment but I haven't seen any rules out there that allow this.

Jimbo, why you got your lineman running straight down the field on a passing play? Reg opened my eyes to multiple linemen bases for different functions (zone blocking with ITZ dials and pure pass blocking on prongless bases), now I just gotta practice with these blocking schemes. No doubt though without the multi-stop you almost have to make a decision to push straight ahead which may best best for power running plays or to utilize lineman bases that stay within 5-10 yards of the line cause you don't want your O-line covering your TE down field!

If anyone has any good pass blocking techniques for traditional one stop rules this is a good thread to speak up!
Joe