Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2010, 11:13 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Solitaire Project

Reggie, you have inspired me to resurrect the teams that Nick and I had been using in our NDEFL league. His interest has waned lately (a 7th grader now) and my shortest trip to have a game in the BAM is one hour each way and I do want to get my game on more often than we meet so…

I am going to take the time to tweak up all the bases to get a good balance of strength and speed for each squad, organize offensive and defensive playbooks and play a solitaire game of the week. I will utilize a set number of defense schemes (3-4, 4-3, 6-2, 4-4, 5-2) and have some basic run and pass plays to work with based on a NFL coach style down and distance play sheet.

I foresee this as a great long term project for me in the hobby for all the reasons you have suggested and mainly: I will be involved in building the teams, developing the playbooks, getting plenty of practice in play and coaching situations and can play and work on it whenever I like.

The rule set – but I am considering trying out a different one from game to game to start with – just to get some different experiences. Weight will be whatever the figure and base combo is – no added weight.

I may use our old NDEFL site or the MFCA forum to post results and comments from time to time as you are.

Last edited by artlax : 09-17-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Arlax, you know it's funny, I was...

thinking of you the other day. I had a gift I wanted to send you here shortly. I've been thinking about you for some time. I was leaving the house the other day going to pick my son up from school and I started thinking about you.

Thank you very much to say that I have inspired you. I hope I have some impact on guys to explore all the facets of the game. I hope I help keep the game exciting. I wish many could have saw me in the earlier years when I gave so much of my self, my family, my home, etc.

But now, I hope guys will appreciate the passion I speak of when I talk about the solitaire game! I love this stuff! Now, bringing a guy like you back into the fold gives us great possibilities on doing some things that are talked about but are never done. For instance, newspapers/magazines. Then there's TV! I know you've got video cameras and like doing some videography. We can do some things live or through the use of Youtube to show the various leagues around the country. I know you will do what you say you will. We've got some great guys playing alone who have very interesting leagues.

Wolf had created a nice logo. Let's not let that logo go to waste! And let's OPENLY inspire others to get involved with the solitaire game because trust me, it will inevitably go there. We just want to be there waiting on others as they come to the door and enter.

Get that league rolling ARTLAX!

Reg
Old 09-17-2010, 01:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default My developing project.

I see this as a continual, on going hobby process - just like building a train layout (which Nick and I did when he was younger).

Build the teams.

Test the plays and prepare the playbooks.

Test the defensive schemes.

Scrimmage to solidify knowledge of teams skill set.

Study rules set to use.

Get the games on with some video and stats to post for interest.

Continue work on the stadium that I purchased from you Reg - plan is to section it to make it modular so I can use it with different size boards. Adding architectural and stadium details - this will very much follow the model RR layout process - ever expanding and improving. As you know this stadium is smaller than your other creations - but my hope is that the details will make it large as life.

Thanks again Reg - definitely inspired by reading and viewing your posts and my desire to not let the frustrations that creep in keep me from enjoying the hobby to the fullest.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Coach

Default Solitare Playing

I always thought that solo play was a great way to practice and enjoy the true game of just having fun with this hobby!!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:25 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Solitiare Play

Quote:
I always thought that solo play was a great way to practice and enjoy the true game of just having fun with this hobby!!
Exactly!!!!
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 09-17-2010, 11:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default The Great thing about having...

a solitaire league is that you can either put time limits on it or not. For me, I give myself a 3 year window so by that time, I need to have painted every team , played every game, and gotten through playoffs and a championship.

The great thing about solitaire is that you are not on anyone else's clock. You can create teams as you go. There's no rush, just have fun!