Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2007, 08:57 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default It's a sad time for Cowboy's fans!

This is about the saddest I've ever felt as a Cowboys fan. I still can't believe how that game ended from the reversal of the first down to the botched field goal. It just wasn't meant to be. Don, give me some words of encouragement from your end!

beenutt
Old 01-08-2007, 09:06 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Game

I told my wife if the Raiders would have lost a playoff game like that I would have thrown the chair through the TV set!! Tough one.

RAIDERMAN
Old 01-08-2007, 09:17 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default alternative

I threw a pillow at the dog instead.

beenutt
Old 01-08-2007, 10:48 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Lol!!

You never have been as intense as me. LOL!! Pillow at the dog?? Come on man! Shoot the neighbors cat or something. Oh that's right, I'm the one who's the Raiders fan! LOL!

RAIDERMAN
Old 01-08-2007, 11:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default sometimes I hate being a fan

RM,

I started yelling at the TV so my dog got scared and started running away from me. So, I picked up the pillow and hit him on the run. Kyle was scared - he has never seen me during a Cowboys playoff game. I tried to warn him that I am not responsible for what I do during the game. I don't know what happens to me - it's crazy to get caught up in something like that.

My wife has learned to deal with it. Our first big fight was during our first week of marriage - Dallas was playing the Rams in 1985 in a playoff game - Dallas lost 20-0 I think. She wanted to go shopping and return some wedding gifts. I said you don't understand - Dallas is on TV and I never ever miss a game especially a playoff game. Anyway, I stood my ground and in 21 years she has just accepted that about me. Now when Dallas is on TV and in a playoff game, the whole family leaves the family room: except for the dog.

beenutt
Old 01-08-2007, 11:32 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default watch out below!!!!!

man bryan that is intense.you actually scared kyle?the dog know's how you are when the cowboys games are on and he still comes into the room.that's funny.i'm like that when i'm decaling my wife and daughter's come in to talk to me and they see i'm decaling and they shout quick leave the room dr.jeckle is about to make an aappearence,save the woman and children first!!!.then if i'ts not to late they leave the house and wait till it is safe to return.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:55 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenutt View Post
RM,

I started yelling at the TV so my dog got scared and started running away from me. So, I picked up the pillow and hit him on the run. Kyle was scared - he has never seen me during a Cowboys playoff game. I tried to warn him that I am not responsible for what I do during the game. I don't know what happens to me - it's crazy to get caught up in something like that.

My wife has learned to deal with it. Our first big fight was during our first week of marriage - Dallas was playing the Rams in 1985 in a playoff game - Dallas lost 20-0 I think. She wanted to go shopping and return some wedding gifts. I said you don't understand - Dallas is on TV and I never ever miss a game especially a playoff game. Anyway, I stood my ground and in 21 years she has just accepted that about me. Now when Dallas is on TV and in a playoff game, the whole family leaves the family room: except for the dog.

beenutt

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...... ..............that's funny B .....
My family must leave the room when the playoffs are on, but since the skins were home watching too, not a lot of noise out of me....
Old 01-08-2007, 12:47 PM
TheTweakFreak

That is EXACTLY the reason I like dogs better than most people. Their loyalty is unquestionable and they are always willing to forgive. And how do we humans reward the loyalty shown to us by these amazing creatures? Well, by throwing stuff at them for things they had nothing to do with.

I'm glad I'm surrounded most times by my loyal canines. It's the humans I encounter that need to duck, not the dogs.

On another note. Though I have learned that I have no control over what happens on the idiot box except that I can change the channel or turn it off, I still get caught up in the excitement of the competition but have learned to realize that nothing I say or do will change the outcome from my living room. I learned these things the hard way at about age 28-32 or so (quite a few moons back). I use to throw stuff at (and sometimes through) the walls, like ashtrays. I didn't toss them like some limp-wristed lollipop pitcher. I chucked 85 mph bullets. Didn't take me long to understand the instant rewards for my uncontrolled stupidity. It's called glass/ceramic/plastic cleanup and wall repair. A few dents in the wallet later and having to spend TOO MUCH precious time on sheet rock repairs. Lesson learned.

So the pillow wasn't a bad idea BN. Just do the right thing next time.... Aim it at a human, not the dog.

-Mike Pratt
Old 01-08-2007, 03:56 PM
19Alworth71

Default Cowboys Loss

This totally Sucks!Now I have to listen to the frickin charger fans!5 weeks ago Romo and I were at the top of the world.Last night I had to explain it to my Cowboys.They took its so hard their stoic; as if there were made of plastic.

And for you long time Cowboy fans no relation to a certain RB calling a certain coach a 'plastic man'.

aaaaggggggggghhhhhh!

Erick
Old 01-08-2007, 06:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Yeah guys it stinks, but wasn't there a 1 and 15 season? I always compare our seasons to that one. I'm not one of those optimistic people either, I just know how bad it could be.

I am excited about our players. We have a bright future ahead. The best thing we have going for us is our owner despises losing. He may be a budinski, but at least he wants to win. Cheer up guys, we still have our undefeated little EFL Cowboys.