Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Biglock

Default When making custom recievers, fly pose is cool, but big Target is better.

one thing ive noticed in trying to perfect my passing game is that and this is not an excuse but a reality, but you can make target recievers that will increase your completion ratio, i always had problems hitting fab 5 and regular figs now as i got more acclamated to passing I improved, now when i started to make customs figs I was able to make target type recievers, think of a duck shooting game at a carnival the ducks just scroll past and u pop pop pop, now use the same concept in some WR figs, Reg's over the shoulder is the perfect example, lets say you use Two of them Strong Side left, Now heres what I mean, if u dont get bumped, the inside WR can be on an angling right base arcing wherever but if this figure cuts directly across the board, the mass of the figure is similar to that duck target, take aim and pop, if you got tweaking skills you can run a double WR cut overstep so both recievers run that route but cut at different intervals, still giving you two big targets to throw too if they get open, it doesnt matter what offensive scheme u run if your ttc or tdq passing poses are fly but Targets are better, pics soon.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biglock View Post
one thing ive noticed in trying to perfect my passing game is that and this is not an excuse but a reality, but you can make target recievers that will increase your completion ratio, i always had problems hitting fab 5 and regular figs now as i got more acclamated to passing I improved, now when i started to make customs figs I was able to make target type recievers, think of a duck shooting game at a carnival the ducks just scroll past and u pop pop pop, now use the same concept in some WR figs, Reg's over the shoulder is the perfect example, lets say you use Two of them Strong Side left, Now heres what I mean, if u dont get bumped, the inside WR can be on an angling right base arcing wherever but if this figure cuts directly across the board, the mass of the figure is similar to that duck target, take aim and pop, if you got tweaking skills you can run a double WR cut overstep so both recievers run that route but cut at different intervals, still giving you two big targets to throw too if they get open, it doesnt matter what offensive scheme u run if your ttc or tdq passing poses are fly but Targets are better, pics soon.
hhmmmmm. Now this is a good (and useful) post. Can't wait to see pics.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default recievers

I agree with you lock... when i design recievers i want the biggest target that i can get without compromising the integrity of the figure and have it looking like a frankenstien monster. below are a couple examples of the figures i make for recievers. the steve smith figure is raised up tall and the shoulders are widened out to give a big target. the second pose is a proto type figure.. it sits lower to the board bit has very large wide shoulders.the wide shoulders give it that stop and pop size you need. hope this adds to the post of what you were thinking about... Rick Garrison. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Old 05-06-2008, 04:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Here are several nice target receivers of mine

Here are a few nice targets that are a must on my teams.
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2008, 11:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Big Target Wide Outs

I couldn't agree with you more.I am just getting back in the game and looking to do some customization & I want to employ a big wide format.Any ideas on how to customize some big men into big wide outs?
Old 05-29-2008, 09:14 PM
MFCA MEMBER

We need Chris to post pics of his goal line wr. You will not believe the figure, it is perfect for the goal line.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Big Wide Outs & Customization.

I am just recently getting back into the hobby & have no experience w/customizing. I want to customize at every position @ some point but I want to start with WR's & RB's how would you do it? I need some step by step info if someone doesn't mind.

raiderhp
Old 06-01-2008, 07:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Hi Harold,

Greetings to you my friend. I just sent you a PM.

John aka Coach J
Old 06-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Coach

Default Customizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderhp View Post
I couldn't agree with you more.I am just getting back in the game and looking to do some customization & I want to employ a big wide format.Any ideas on how to customize some big men into big wide outs?
(ATTEND THE OPEN RUN IN L.A(COAHES NET-WORK IN JULY,IF YOU HAVE THOSES DESIRES(DAVE AND ERIC'S OPEN RUN) R GO 2 THE LAEFL SITE. COACH TATE IS FROM SAN DIEGO AND PLAYS IN OUR LEAGUE(REACH-OUT) WE'RE IN YOUR BACK YARD, AND YOU'RE TAKIN THE NATIONAL ROUTE!!BLING BLING COACH (THE LAEFL DVD!!) I-5 NORTH R HOOK UP WITH COACH TATE IN S.D HE RUNS THE 49ers
Old 06-10-2008, 02:17 AM
MFCA MEMBER

here is the receiver that jeff priest is speaking of. he is mounted on an excalibur base shell with an itz dial in place. he runs good slants and a killer fade route, perfect for short yardage or goal line, or just as a distraction.

Name:  IMG_2246.JPG
Views: 172
Size:  28.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2247.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  28.3 KB
MFCA member #31