Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2010, 04:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Opening a can of....

Coke can lead to crazy things.

I needed a break from work so I went down into the basement and thought I would try this idea I had late at night.

It's no First Run Proline, but it was darn easy to tweak and I can have all the prongs I want. Try it and see what you get. My first attempt had a nice mid speed, good strength, straight as an arrow boat base receiver.

Probably not legal anywhere but in my basement, but what the heck...it was fun discovering!

Now, back to work with a fresh perspective!
Attached Images

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 10-13-2010, 04:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

how sharp are those prongs?

will they scratch the crap out of the field?
Old 10-13-2010, 04:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Wolf, I love it

I will definitely be making a few of these. I also have tried using this same technique with aplastic.

Reg
Old 10-13-2010, 04:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

GREAT IDEA !

You're a genius, Weirdwolf. I have plenty of things I should "prongize" in my workshop. Plasticard, metal, etc...and a lot of ruined bases.

I 'll try it !
Old 10-13-2010, 04:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

The very first figures back in the 40's were all metal. I still have some of them.

I ran it on vinyl and had no issues....all you can do is try it for yourself, but I don't think it will scratch. I tried a milk jug first, but didn't get good results. I'll have to play around in the recycling to see if any of the bottles are made from First Run Proline plastic! Have fun with it...think outside the box...be creative...you never know how long the base manufacturers will be in business, bu I am sure we will never run out of Coke cans and shells without prongs...

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 10-13-2010, 04:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I can see it now!

I can see it now! "Anyone have any first run PEPSI canS from July of 1982?" Those were the best aluminum for this type of base. Norbert will be down at the Detroit recycle center with his Sherlock Holmes hat and a magnifying glass checking dates of cans for the perfect type of aluminum. He'll be on the cell phone with Corey stating, "This aluminum is beautiful dude." Jim Davis will be looking for Ocean Spray bottles from the mid 90's stating that he has the strongest bases with this type of plastic. And so it begins............

RAIDERMAN
Old 10-13-2010, 04:48 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN View Post
I can see it now! "Anyone have any first run PEPSI canS from July of 1982?" Those were the best aluminum for this type of base. Norbert will be down at the Detroit recycle center with his Sherlock Holmes hat and a magnifying glass checking dates of cans for the perfect type of aluminum. He'll be on the cell phone with Corey stating, "This aluminum is beautiful dude." Jim Davis will be looking for Ocean Spray bottles from the mid 90's stating that he has the strongest bases with this type of plastic. And so it begins............

RAIDERMAN

—Idiom

Old 10-13-2010, 04:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

@ RM.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:

that's a very good one
Old 10-13-2010, 09:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

so how do you tweek metal prongs ???

do i have to buy plastic pliers???