Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2009, 06:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default 11 men teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are there any guys out there that prefer to play or buy just 11 men teams? that just like to play iron man football.i have noticed that on ebay there are lots of people that prefer to buy that great looking decaled 11 man team instead of that great looking 22 or more man decaled team.why is that? me myself i have to have that 22 or more man team.i know that there are guys who's solitaire league consist of only 11 men teams.so to the 11 men team lovers why do you perfer 11 men teams only?
Old 12-04-2009, 06:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default 11 man teams.

For solitaire, I do prefer 11 player "iron man" teams, just because I can get more teams involved in my solitaire play. I have done 19 "all Buzzball" teams before just to get more defensive players involved. Did that for an XFL solitaire league. As far as what sells on Ebay, don't know. Guess depends who's looking for what at a particular time. I think most 11 man buyers are just adding to a collection, where as a buyer for a full 22 or more team is looking for a competition team.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 12-04-2009, 06:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default i hear you

chris about using the 11 men teams for solitaire,because there is a guy who plays here in our league that has a nice college solitaire league with 11 men teams,i have decaled for him about 80% of the college teams in his league.he says he perfers to play solitaire with 11 men teams,but he has a 22 man team he uses for our league play.i have told him several times to check this site out he would love it.i am not sure he has,but he got in touch with us here when dewayne jennings who he knows,gave him my number,because dewayne knew that he lived close to me.he has told me he perfers the 11 man teams,and that's the only way he would ever play his solitaire league.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Ronnie my man, right up my alley.

I have OFTEN thought along the same lines, but alittle different as far as ebay goes.

I see some real nice 11 man custom decaled teams on ebay that i would LOVE TO HAVE, but i dont want them because they are only 11 men. I need more than 11, even in my solitaire league, just for the variety. I am so used to the vintage 11 man tudor teams and have so many of them already. So, anything i get new to the collect, has to be atleast 15 guys. But its hard sometimes to pass on these 11 man teams on ebay. RooMorgans puts out some real nice stuff and Ricksters customs are ALWAYS off the hook. But i pass on both guys cause i would prefer a 22 man team.

Now as far as guys not bidding on the 22 man teams, i dont know about that so much cause i dont see a whole lot of them. Sometimes, they can be a bit pricey i think, but I have bought a few already myself. There were some others on by someone who i forget the name of now, but his stuff wasnt pictured very well, and i think thats why it didnt sell. THere are cats out there that i would love to buy some more from and have their work in my collect, but its gotta be what i need right now, as i already have much of everything else. In one way, i dropped a hint towards you ronnie. I would love to see your work on some custom figures. Maybe i should just outsource a project to you and get it done?
How are you with some ATL Falcons?

But i hear you on this topic, in general. I have thought along the same lines, so you kinda made my night with this posting.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default 22 man teams for me!

I've been to involved in league play so I've gotten away from my solitaire league but I prefer 22 man teams. My league consist of some of my all time favorite pro teams which had great players on both sides of the ball. I also feel like I can do more offensively and defensively with a 22 man squad.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default hoop

i have sold twice as many 11 man teams than 22 or more teams on ebay,and i just could not understand why.but like my man d.c (detroitchild) said i prefer that 22 or more team.but the 2 cats you named who sale 11 man teams on ebay roo and rickster do off the hook stuff and my man bigdawg43 is also off the hook with his stuff on ebay.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default i prefer

22 man or more teams,but only can guess that its cheaper just buying 11 .
Old 12-04-2009, 08:46 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Ebay teams

Typically, I only sell 11 man teams on ebay and its only because I just wanted to paint a team, usually in a uniform not currently worn by that team(historical throwbacks) or alternative jerseys and uniform combinations (since there are so many now). As an examaple, at last count, before this season's 50th anniversary uniforms, the Titans had 8 different uniform combinations and I lost count a long time ago on how many different uniforms the Oilers have had in their history.

And I have a style that makes all my custom painted teams unique and one of a kinds. I never duplicate a team exactly. I only do "motorcycle helmets" which is the entire head of the figure is the primary helmet color with only the face area painted the skin color. Some decals for Helmet logos but mostly only "old Tudor style" logos. All hand painted helmet, jersey, pant and sock stripes and a certain color of green on the base that as far as I no no one else uses. Thats how I can tell if my teams are being resold on ebay.

I will do certain details such as special jersey patches which are decals and occassionaly a "Roster Team" which includes decaled numbers and names. But I never do facemasks, chin straps, gloves or shoe decals.

And only very occassionaly with I do special requests teams(usually a lot cheaper then most custom painters). I don't want to be under deadlines to get a team done or try to do details that I am not familiar with or comfortable doing. After all this is a hobby and I am not in it to make a sizable profit from it.

I know I kind of got off the main topic, but this is a very interesting post to me. Thanks for starting it, Ronnie.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 12-04-2009, 11:03 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I use a combination

Mostly because Miggle sells the facemasks from Electric gridiron in sprues of 33. I make 22 man NFL squads and I make 11 man Canadian college teams.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:23 AM
Coach

Budget. That's the main reason for going with ironman squads —to stretch your figure-buying dollar to its limit. Also, if you're playing solo, you really don't need anything more. That's how I currently play in my experimental Playtest League and plan to do for my actual league(s) when I get around to repainting. I've enough figures now for 13 ironman teams. A few more, say up to around 24-30 sets and with some basic painting schemes (with a very few exceptions), and I'll be able to swap and switch the sets to model: a 16-team NFL (composed of the original franchises and the expansion NFL/NFC clubs up to 1970), a 16-40 team college league, or a 16-18 team New Orleans high school league as I choose in any given year. As it is, I could assemble a 1940s NFL solo league with the sets I've got, with spares in case some figures get broken or lost. But I decided long ago to go the ironman route if for no other reason than to save money.