Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2006, 11:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Electric Football Think Tank Round 1

For a moment lets assume that every one on this forum is a member of a National Rules Committee with the express purpose of developing a universal set of rules by which any person purchasing an EF game could come to any gathering and be able to sit down and play.

Rule 1 for this think tank is that all ideas are accepted without discussion in this first round. No idea may be thrown out or belittled. Only positive input is allowed.

We will ONLY be discussing Equipment allowed at this point and specifications for that equipment. i.e. figures allowed and weights, bases, fields and fieldcovers, etc and so on

If we successfully get through this without killing each other verbally we can move on to other sections of the rulebook...if not I will drop the idea.

I still believe that we have the people here to make this thing work. I believe that a set of rules set up by a diverse segment of the EF population can lead to a greater gain for all of us.

If I could I would lock 9 elected EF reps from across the US in a room and not let them out till they had come out with a complete set of rules. That isn't going to happen cause they would just break out fields and play EF till all hours without writing a single rule. Ultimately, we only need 51% of the EF community to agree on the rules set to tip the balance and in time many will follow.

You on this forum are the leaders! You each have great ideas...I know...I have read many if not all of them. You also have many differences but so did the people that came together to formulate the modern accepted version of the bible. Now surely if they could put together such a great book we can come up with a nationally accepted set of rules that any newbie or expert could play by on their first meeting.

When you all go home you can still tweak the rules to whatever you want or throw them out completely but wouldn't it be great if I could go to the league in Japan or Canada or Florida or Detroit and in a few minutes begin a game based on equality of equipment and rules. There is nothing wrong with your house rules...and in the words of Tony The Tiger "They're Great!" but how bout it fellas....let's put on a show for the EF community and display how we can come together and do this.

So who wants to start....and remenber this could take months to discuss but IT CAN BE DONE!! If you don't see any value in the idea of a national set of rules then as my mother always said, "If you can't say anything nice then don't say nothing at all".

QUESTION 1 before the rules committee..(that's you)
What equipment is allowed and what adjustments to that equipment is allowed?

(Oh man, if this works I'm changing my name to Kissinger)

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Last edited by WEIRDWOLF : 12-06-2006 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:33 AM
MFCA MEMBER

OK.. All figures allowed with a maximum allowed weight of 2.0 grams..
(figures may be custom, hollowed out, or any manufacturer as long as they meet weight restrictions..)

Any base that fits completely under the standard platform of (miggle/bb/ff.com figures) is allowed. Bases may weigh a maximum of 1.3 grams.

Even with these weight allowances, a figure/base combo of 3.4 is allowed, due to figures being possible 2.04 and a base 1.34, which would give a 3.4 total on a tenth gram scale. Hundredths scales are too prone to even air movement..

I like the idea of keeping it simple.. SO.
I'd make the miggle 620 scale board the standard.
As long as it was to scale, other boards would be allowed.

Steel, fiberboard, or a board with a field cover all allowed.

Home made TTQB's for passing or kicking would be allowed, as well as the miggle TTQB, OR a custom type kicker made from a miggle TTQB.. Anything someone is ingenious enough to come up with that would make their passing or kicking more accurate is good.. (Id have to buy one though)
Course.. none of this means I would require someone to use a TTQB or modified TTQB to pass.. but thats another thread.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:41 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Committee Thoughts (equipment Allowed)

COMMITTE COACHES,

My thoughts on equipment !

1) any electric football base allowed inc munro boat bases (boats, 2 per team, 1 on offense anywhere and 1 on defense anywhere and can rotate on any player during the game)

2) All ef figures, buzzball - ff.com figs- miggle- itz figs and any other i may have missed as long as their height requirements are status quo.

3) My biggest issue ! just my opinion

a) All lineman may weigh 4.2 to 4.0
b) linebackers and tight ends may weigh 3.7 (If you want extra running firepower to take on the linebackers, go to a 2 TE set)
3) everyone else may fluctuate at your choice/convenience, weight min 2.0 and weight max 3.2

*) during each game all players are weighed and marked in some sort of fashion to keep track of coaches addiing extra weight. Also, if a coach really is curious about a players weight during the game he may throw the red flag and have him weighed again right their on the spot. (all coaches should have as a mandatory requirement their own weight scales on their side of the field during every game!)

4) you can use whatever your want to add weight to a player as long as it is not visible (like a big nut or bolt stuck to the players rear end, it must be under the base. Also you can add extra weight via paint as long as the player looks neat.)

5) reveena al's place kickers with the springs (what's the big deal about the spring, kickers in the nfl have special shoes or put things in their shoe to kick a little better)

Last but not least boards, this is a hard one that really has to be hammered out. either the home team decides what board no questions asked (home field advantage) or we can go with a stationary standard. It would be nice if everyone bought the same field as a standard but what field would that be.
everyone cant afford all the same fields unless we start a finacial committee to help pay for these fields The ff.com 308 or bill porshe monster boards sounds nice, both very wide to open things up.

*** this is a good post to start things up, iron out 1 subject at a time and compile all thoughts to come to a vote/conclusion. It would be nice to have 1 subject per week starting sunday's. hopefully many would respond in that week. Life would be beautiful if everyone just responded with exactly what they would like to see without any debates and mentioning of their leauges and their style of play.

thank you for the post
broadway-dre

p.s Maybe we can all print this post as time goes on, keep it all together in a folder and have a sit down somewhere with papers/folders in hand. Maybe at the convention during the late night scrimmage hours (just a thought)

Last edited by mantaraydre : 12-07-2006 at 01:57 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:27 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Great post

Any and all STOCK electric football players. NO CUSTOMS poses. Sorry guys. A weight requirement for the different positions. Linemen,linebackers, TE's and fullbacks can weigh more than receivers, RB's, DB's. Custom boards should be allowed. I believe Decal Master had an earlier post about the dimensions. I believe the board was 42' x 22'. DM correct me if I'm wrong. Any and all standard bases (no boiling because I don't know how to) with weight added for each position. Pass simulation sticks. No triple threat QB. However, I CAN learn to use one. And what I think is over looked alot an agreeable speed for the game board. But that would probably be in the rules section. Sorry WW.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Miltron

Default equipment

All figures and bases except the large bases with Gotham and one piece tudor white and yellow guys.

Weight: 3.4 total base and figure...but weight cannot be added to a base, only a figure

Develop a "figure cube" that the figure on the base must fit in so players can't have arms too high above their head, or sticking out from their sides.

Miltron
Old 12-07-2006, 10:23 AM
MFCA MEMBER

This is what I'm talking about...positive waves!

Bases-any base or dial that is available to the general public. 1 boat base per squad on offense 1 per squad on defense. (represents that Chad Johnson, Jerry Rice type reciever or can't be stopped blitzer)
Clipping, tweaking is allowed. No boiling.
No added weights to any base except O and D linemen but I feel there should be an accepted uniform weighted product that anyone can purchase and it should be made to be snapped on or attached under the base. This way we could look at the underneath of the base and know that for example, .1 or .2 grams had been added without the use of the scale. (Get on that Kansas BIll and add it to your TAEFS offerings.)

All figures currently manufactured except the giant Gotham and yellow and white base attached figures. Take the height and weigth of the current biggest figure produced (FF, Buzz or Bigman...I don't know which figure it is) and make that the maximum allowable weigth FOREVER.

Figures can be any custom shape as long as they conform to their position on the field (i.e. a Center can't stand straight up with his arms extended straight over his head) and represents a realistic body postion.

Add ons such as hair, chinstraps and facemasks would be allowed. Don't stifle the creativity of the coaches. All add ons must represent realistic looks and feels. (Sorry Al-football players must look like football players..no hairy Sasquatch and no Sumos for that matter all though a sureal league as a sideshow could be played)

The final weight of any figure doesn't matter to me as long as the addons are not placed there just to gain weight (i.e. big plastic dreadlocks coming out of Urlachers helmet)

Until such time that a quality larger field can be produced at an economical price that the general public has access to we would go with the 620 as the standard. I would love to see a larger field but it must be priced in the $90-$100 range, run with quality and be available to the masses.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 12-07-2006, 11:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default This Is What Im Talking About (hashing Out Idea's)

COACHES

let's please keep up the good work/post, everything for the first time sounds so positive. Like wolf said we must have custom fig's, too many creative guy's out here not to have it. The dimension cube for the players is an excellent idea to measure height and width.

The board situation is also a good idea, go with the 620 until we can figure out a standard. Im glad someone brought up board speed, this seems to be a problem at diff tourney's. We must agree on a standard speed to keep the players from popping all over the place !!!

This is what im talking about, if we can stay this course we are on to something. I feel we should just start this committee and coaches can join as we go. Everyone, please feel free to continue and hopefully we will have plenty responses by this weekend

thank you
broadway-dre

p.s. I MUST SAY, DIFFERENT WEIGHT ON DIFFERENT PLAYERS IS A IDEA THAT CAN BE FUN . WOLF, FF.COM figs max out to 4.0 (pretty nice)

Last edited by mantaraydre : 12-07-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:02 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up

Dre,

I have been convinced about custom figures. Too many creative people out there not to allow. Love the figure box thing. Good communication CAN solve problems and allow new ideas to be brought forth. The clip on weights BRILLIANT WW. The speed thing was my idea. Perhaps somehow we can measure the vibration of the board and set it at an elected speed. Lets keep this thing going.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:44 PM
JIMBO

Default My Input

1. BASES: Any and all current manufacturers' bases (shells and dials) are allowed (Miggle, Tudor, Buzzball, ITZ) to include a MAXIMUM of 2 Munro and/or Miggle's 1st Edition ProLine "Boat Bases" of which Offense is allowed 1 and Defense is allowed 1. ITZ dials may be used anywhere on Defense, but are limited to the OL and QB on Offense.

2. FIGURES: Any and all current manufacturers' figures intended for EF (NO HeroClix) are allowed (Miggle, Tudor, Buzzball, ff.com), to include customization of said figures as long as they adhere to height/width/weight limits.

3. WEIGHT LIMITS: The new MAXIMUM WEIGHT should be bumped up to 3.6g
  • ALL figures can be brought up to or cut down to 2.3g*.
  • Max TTC weight is 1.3g
  • Max rookie weight is 1.0g
NOTE: *Miggle's and BB's heaviest fig is 2.0g and ff.com's is 2.6 - so I split the difference. To include EVERYONE, we must include EVERYONE!!!

4. TTQB/PE/PS/ATTAC EQUIPMENT:
  • All methods of passing allowed. Limitations and specifics to be discussed later. For example, if the TTQB is used, then play is down at spot of completion (NO YAC!), unless deeper than deepest Defender. All other methods - play continues as rules allow.
  • Modification of the TTQB is allowed as long as the MAXIMUM height of standard TTQB + 1 TTC base is not exceeded. A spring may be added to strengthen/enhance kicking leg.

5. FOOTBALLS: All manufactured footballs allowed to include EFDW's "Puff Dady." Why? I used to use the standard foam ball but people couldn't see the long passes and I would get jipped. The ONLY reason I switched to the PD is so that when I hit 'em you knew it!

6. GAMEBOARDS: I agree that until custom monster boards cost around the same as a new 620, that the STANDARD should be Miggle's/Tudor's Model 620 or ff.com's 308 or anyone else's like-sized 620 scale board. Speed should be set so that the AWAY team is satisfied he can run 70yds in :04 seconds (with all 22 players on the board) and so that no more than 2 players fall over on any given play, which would constitute a "play over" on the 1st occurence and than a "play over" and speed adjustment on subsequent occurences.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Can I change some of mine???
Cuz.. We've got some suggestions here already I like a lot better than what I came up with..