Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2010, 08:14 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Colors and paints

For those painters out there, who sometimes are looking for the best colors to use for certain teams, I will list the paints and colors I use to paint MY figures. I use only acrylic paints (mostly Apple Barrel). It is rare that I will use enamels, because of the limited color range, and the clean-up/recovery problem. I will use enamels on certain helmets and such. This process can be much simpler than you think. Below are the colors that I keep in stock.

Black
White
Gold (enamel on occasion)
Silver(enamel on occasion)
Brown
Red
Yellow
Blue
Green
Aqua
Purple
Orange
Grey
Peach

That's all I use. It is not useful for me to stand in the paint isle forever, trying to find the perfect match for a certain uniform. Any color you need can be created from the basic color wheel colors above. When mixing colors, though, keep in mind that many of these acrylic paints will darken slightly, when sprayed with your clear-coat--not so much when clear-coat is brushed on.

I don't usually share my mixing techniques, but I will offer this tip for the coaches that have asked:

Current Dallas Cowboys Pants color: Silver, a couple drops of blue, and a couple drops of aqua. Mix well and adjust as needed.

Old School Cowboys Pants color: Blue, white (making light blue), then a couple drops of silver, and grey.

Hope these tips help some of the guys--mixing that perfect color is easier than you may think!

Last edited by dallcow4life28 : 05-22-2010 at 08:34 AM.